Specs or support?

Conman

Gawd
So the pixel 4a is is out and available at a ridiculous price of of 349. Meanwhile a quick search of Amazon shows a brand new LG V50 at a price of 419, only 70 bucks more. The Specs of the v50 crush the 4a in every way. Better screen,Better battery,metal and glass vs plastic, wireless charging, Better SoC, IP 68 vs nothing,Better battery,Quad DAC vs nothing,Gorrilla glass 3 vs 5,the list goes on and on. BuuuUUT LG has the shittiest garbage support of any phone maker in the business. What to buy? I'm torn, 3 years of top notch support on a trash spec poor quality build phone or a flagship build zero support phone?

What type of support?
Can't say I really used support much so I'd go with the specs.
I'm using a 128GB, 6GB RAM Redmi Note 9s for $250.

Support as in software and security updates. The pixel will get 3 years worth. The LG will get whatever was in the box and little to nothing else.

The 4a's camera will still stomp on the V50 if that's of any importance to you. Unless you do a lot of gaming or multitasking on your phone either, I doubt you would notice much of the spec difference in most real world usage tasks.

I would go with the Pixel mostly due to LG's lousy software support and also spotty hardware reliability even though they seem to have improved on that front for the past couple generations.

Back