Special Deux Ex Announcement Tomorrow?

I hate DLC. Make an Expansion Pack for the game. What happened to the good old days of having a giant extension to a game. Sadly gamers flock to stuff that's disabled in the games they charge you ontop of $60.

I hate DLC. Make an Expansion Pack for the game. What happened to the good old days of having a giant extension to a game. Sadly gamers flock to stuff that's disabled in the games they charge you ontop of $60.

I don't think they cheated you out of anything with DX:HR.

So extra downloadable stuff that costs $10-15 is a ripoff and should have been in the game, but extra stuff on a disk that costs $30-40 is awesome?

There have been 2 patches, that have addressed the crashing issues.

Personally, I've had 0 crashes since day 1.

I had 0 crashes till day 4. Now I get them all the time when saving the game and clicking the OK button too quickly after it comes up with 'Game saved'. Dunno why that makes it crash.

So extra downloadable stuff that costs $10-15 is a ripoff and should have been in the game, but extra stuff on a disk that costs $30-40 is awesome?

I think he means that an entire expansion offers a lot more content than 'horse armor'. IE. Look at what Brood War brought to the original starcraft versus Horse Armor brought to Oblivion. Considering the price of Brood War was only half the original game and Horse Armor + the various weapons is also half the price of the original game. I'd prefer Brood War > Horse Armor + DL weapons. Aka story, units, missions, levels.

I think he means that an entire expansion offers a lot more content than 'horse armor'. IE. Look at what Brood War brought to the original starcraft versus Horse Armor brought to Oblivion. Considering the price of Brood War was only half the original game and Horse Armor + the various weapons is also half the price of the original game. I'd prefer Brood War > Horse Armor + DL weapons. Aka story, units, missions, levels.

People love mentioning Horse Armor and then ignore: Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isle, FO3's DLC packs (yeah a couple sucked, but they were interesting), Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2, and other worthy DLC release. Everything isn't $15 map packs and horse armor. Let's wait and see what Eidos Montreal has in store before we crucify them. They've earned that much after delivering one of the best games of the last couple years.

Remember the news feed that streamed along the bottom of the Deus Ex Human Revolution menu!?
Yes, the one that announced "Watch for the special item to be released at xxx GMT Deusex.com.
Well, that time converted to 10PM PST. So at 9:55 PM on August 28 I launched the game and stared at the news feed and at 10 PM it changed! Along the bottom and remaining for a short period of time was a readable message DIFFERENT and it instructed me to go to "Deusex.com ...(to read the news).

I did and here it is the special item, it is very impressive
Enjoy!
http://deusex.com/news/Eyeborg-Documentary

Remember the news feed that streamed along the bottom of the Deus Ex Human Revolution menu!?
Yes, the one that announced "Watch for the special item to be released at xxx GMT Deusex.com.
Well, that time converted to 10PM PST. So at 9:55 PM on August 28 I launched the game and stared at the news feed and at 10 PM it changed! Along the bottom and remaining for a short period of time was a readable message DIFFERENT and it instructed me to go to "Deusex.com ...(to read the news).

I did and here it is the special item, it is very impressive
Enjoy!
http://deusex.com/news/Eyeborg-Documentary

This is a load of crap. That article was posted on the 26th, and the vid doc is in the Augmented Edition...and has been on youtube for quite some time...

Some clarification is needed because I am unable to Edit my reply to make the correction.

First, 2200 GMT does not convert to 10 PM PST, perhaps the time 2200 GMT may have been the time at which the original stream was created

Second, at 10 PM PST time I did see a different stream of text appear and I am sorry that I did not capture a screenshot to show you. That new stream of text was not the current undecipherable string we are now seeing and it did instruct of to go to "deusex.com". I did so and found the reference to the Eyeborg documentary appearing on the opening page of deusex.com.

Perhaps I can redeem myself by posting something relevant here.
The original message read "Special Message Incoming / Be Ready / 2200 GMT 29 Aug."
That time converts to 0500 PST 30 August which is 3.5 hours away from the time I am now posting.

If anyone is awake at that time launch the game and see if the stream again changes. Thanks.

I am speculating one of, or a combination, of three things.

1) Enabling soda machines. Delicious orange soda.
2) Headgun.
3) ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU

At my present time and at the very time I am submitting this message it reads:

"Welcome to Deus Ex: Human Revolution. For information and updates, visit Deus Ex.com or connect to the Internet."

This message just happens to be identical to the one I was trying to explain I read two nights ago.

My present time is:

Tuesday, 30 August 10:00 AM
(GMT + 0:00)
3:00 AM Pacific Standard Time

Can the mods please fix my privileges?
As it is now I can neither edit my messages or post screenshots.

My posting rules are: