Spec Ops The Line $7.49, Activates on Steam

really enjoyed the demo, and doubt even xmas steam sale will beat this price (at best prob match it with 75%, but i suspect steam will 66% it since it's kinda new)
So this is good, Thanks a lot!

Activated just fine, for those wanting to dl through steam, click on your order number after buying, or purchase history and look for order details, easy!
Thanks again OP

Fantastic game. Be prepared for a consoly experience, but with no real headaches. The story and voice acting is where it's at.

And from an art direction perspective, it's a great looking game, with an interesting color scheme/pallet: Lots of purple.

I bought it, I'll activate it later. Played the demo, it was alright but didn't seem worth $50 or anywhere near it. I thought that when it gets under $10, I'll try it out. Eh

Third Person View is killing my experience and enjoyment of shooters... consoles have killed Shooters for PC, that's for sure! :(

Use this coupon code:
2GFT82012

Gives 20% off seemingly anything and works for stuff on sale. $6 for Spec Ops is a great deal.

Third Person View is killing my experience and enjoyment of shooters... consoles have killed Shooters for PC, that's for sure! :(

I would tend to agree, although I like the way it's done in this game (showing the character physically wearing down over the course of the story), as well as the way it's functionally implemented in the Dead Space series (life bar, holographic inventory system, etc).

I ended up paying 7.49 because I didn't have the code. I don't mind still a steal.

I've been playing for the past 3 hours and I have to say this game is amazing. This game gives me another reason to want a PS3 even more as the shooting, cover, guns, and storyline are damn good in this game.

I've been playing for the past 3 hours and I have to say this game is amazing. This game gives me another reason to want a PS3 even more as the shooting, cover, guns, and storyline are damn good in this game.

I'm two hours deep and I'm enjoying the storyline so far above all. The gameplay is fairly generic to me. Also very linear. Worth the $6 though!

already bought/beat it. Truthfully, the price is worth it.

WARNING: gameplay wise, it doesn't even compare to COD nor BF (nor most other AAA shooters both first person nor third person. although it does have a couple gems that you may/may not notice on your first playthrough), and the controls are cumbersome. Its a very story driven game and is REALLY awesome for it. Remember, you are not supposed to "have fun" with this one :).

Finished in 4 hours on normal difficulty. Would have been unhappy if I had gotten in on one of the $20-$30 sales but $7.50 is about what the game is worth. It's hella overrated but I had a decent time with it. Just don't expect an AMAZING story...it has a solid story that got overhyped because most games don't bother anymore.

Overall it feels pretty dated. Guns lack impact, no real physics/environment destructibility for the most part, no advanced post-processing, liner corridor shooter, AA doesn't work and can't be forced through normal control panel means, etc. There are a few cool setpieces but the level design is mostly subpar.

It seems like I didn't like it but actually it was worthwhile. I think the short playtime actually works in its favor given the subpar mechanics.

Finished in 4 hours on normal difficulty. Would have been unhappy if I had gotten in on one of the $20-$30 sales but $7.50 is about what the game is worth. It's hella overrated but I had a decent time with it. Just don't expect an AMAZING story...it has a solid story that got overhyped because most games don't bother anymore.

Overall it feels pretty dated. Guns lack impact, no real physics/environment destructibility for the most part, no advanced post-processing, liner corridor shooter, AA doesn't work and can't be forced through normal control panel means, etc. There are a few cool setpieces but the level design is mostly subpar.

It seems like I didn't like it but actually it was worthwhile. I think the short playtime actually works in its favor given the subpar mechanics.

The gameplay actually reminds me a lot of Rainbow Six Las Vegas or w.e its called. I liked the game a lot because the gunplay feels pretty damn good for third person shooter and the storyline trumps the hell out of most of the games being released now a days.

I agree that the maps and gameplay are linear but the gunplay is nice and the storyline excellent in my opinion. This game has convinced me to pick up Sniper Elite V2 as it showed me that third person shooters can be hella fun.

If Sniper Elite V2 is like this game but more open ended with stealth and more strategy I'll love it.

Sniper Elite is fun , especially the sniping part. Level's are more open as well.

So far I'm enjoying the game, I have to say the sound design in this game kicks ass.

Picked it up. Well worth the 7 bucks. Although it's a very linear 3rd person cover based shooter, the thing that shines is the storyline and voice narration.

I've been playing this game a little bit, and its been fun. linear but nice fun

Back