Speakers with single RCA out to a pos/neg terminals on a receiver...

threedd97

Limp Gawd
Is it in any way possible to cut the jack off of the RCA cable that goes into the receiver and splice in a normal speaker wire to run into the terminals on the receiver. It's a pre-existing Bose setup in a house, and the new owner wants to keep the speakers, but doesn't have the receiver. She bought a new one, but it doesn't have the connections on the back for the single RCAs coming out of each speaker. How can I get this to work?

Is it in any way possible to cut the jack off of the RCA cable that goes into the receiver and splice in a normal speaker wire to run into the terminals on the receiver.

Sure.
Start by cutting the wires so the splices are not located right next to each other.

Like this---->

Code:
             splice                  
+    --------/////////////------------------------------------------
                                           splice
-    -----------------------------------////////////////------------

Now all you have to do is remove the insulation from the wires, make sure the polarity is correct and then twist the exposed ends of the wires together, solder them so they can't come apart, insulate the exposed conductors with tape or heatshrink and move along to the next wire.

Alternately you can save yourself some effort by taking a trip to you local radioshack store to buy some RCA plugs.
Simply solder the speaker wires to those new plugs and you will have a much better solution to your problem

Well, I just realized the receiver does in fact have 6 RCA hookups in the rear for Rear L, Rear R, Front L, Front R, Center and Subwoofer. So I'm pretty sure those will work. Going to find out tomorrow evening.

Bah, they are line in to hook a DVD player up to the receiver if you don't use optical. I am going to have to splice them. I'm not buying this lady stuff from radio shack to hook it up.

Back