speakers for ipod? what to buy

johnnq

[H]ard|Gawd
i've always got my ipod out and people always want to hear some music...but i don't have headphones for everybody. are there any decent quality speakers out there that aren't overprice? i have logitech x-530s. is there a connector i could buy to hook the ipod up straight to the speakers?? or the tv? i'm no expert in this area :\

i've always got my ipod out and people always want to hear some music...but i don't have headphones for everybody. are there any decent quality speakers out there that aren't overprice? i have logitech x-530s. is there a connector i could buy to hook the ipod up straight to the speakers?? or the tv? i'm no expert in this area :\
Check the Klipsch clearance section. Get the ProMedia 2.0 Ultras if you don't need bass below 50hz and you want GREAT sound for $50-$59. Otherwise they are $100 new. You might be able to find the ProMedia 2.1's for $89-$119 refurbed as well. I use the refurbed ProMedia 2.0 Ultras at work and they are awesome. They play loud and clear and have a balanced sound not too unlike the ProMedia 5.1 Ultras. I ran them side by side and the 2.0s held up quite nicely. Again, you might miss that deep bass but what the 2.0's do output is awesome!

The headphone jack type. I forget what the measurements are. The specs are on the site.

Take the green connector cable that you have connected to your computer from the x530 and connect that directly to your iPod. The cable is 1/8" and so is the jack on the iPod. Should work.:D

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doesn't come out in 5.1 though. try a different connector? i have no idea what each color really is...don't want to fry my ipod.

just get a headphone splitter that has as many female jacks as your speaker system has (my z-560 speakers had 2 connectors, so i used a 2-way splitter)

then plug all the speaker connectors into the female connectors on the splitter, and the male end of the splitter into your ipod and you are all set.

good luck

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doesn't come out in 5.1 though. try a different connector? i have no idea what each color really is...don't want to fry my ipod.

the music files are only 2 channel. Even if you can get something which would matrix it to make it come out of more speakers the original source is meant for 2 speakers and is usually considered the ideal way of listening to it.

ah. are there any reasonably priced/somewhat good speakers that i could carry with me? just the 2 x-530 speakers and not the sub would be great...

Are you talking about just walking around outside where you'd need the ipod to power them or something that would draw power from a socket?

something with portable batteries that i could take in the car with me (i know all about the car connectors).

Back