Speaker Suggestion: JBL

Z(+)DIAC

2[H]4U
Seeing as I just fnished completion on my pc I am in the market for some clean, simple, 2.1 channel speakers. I have been keeping my eye very much on JBL's Creature II Speakers. I was just curious if anyone may own these if they could tell me some Pros and Cons of this set.

Pro: They look stylish.

Con: They sound bad.

Honestly. What's your speaker budget? What is your idea of clean and simple?

the klipsch promedia gmx 2.1 set, or the logitech z-2300 set. both have great sound and power.

TSS Modder said:
the klipsch promedia gmx 2.1 set, or the logitech z-2300 set. both have great sound and power.

well for buget speakers they arn't bad, but anything apart from games they sound like arse, however if the budget is less than $200 then i suppose they'll have to do....

stu

stuman said:
well for buget speakers they arn't bad, but anything apart from games they sound like arse, however if the budget is less than $200 then i suppose they'll have to do....

stu

even for games they arent bad, but theyre the best ones you can get for sub200$.

I don't need anything fancy, just to listen to the occassional music and maybe even dvd. I use my pair of Bose headphones for gaming.

Your better off with a pair of Cambridge soundworks buck for buck than you are with the JBL Creatures.

I had a $80 CSW setup that was pretty decent. I heard some decent things about the new Klipsch 2.0 system as well, and that's only $100.

Z(+)DIAC said:
I don't need anything fancy, just to listen to the occassional music and maybe even dvd. I use my pair of Bose headphones for gaming.

majority (if not all) of the music you listen to is 2.1 compatible, but most movies are 5.1 compatible. depending on what you budget is will determine what you need.

if you listen to a lot of music, just get the z-2300s. if you watch more movies than listening to music, id recommend a 5.1 setup. the logitech z-5300e set is your best bet.

Back