Speaker and Headphone Rigs Picture Thread

img00400201204071644.jpg

img00404201204071725.jpg

img00401201204071645.jpg

Those studio 2s are gorgeous! I want a pair of those so bad for music listening.

Give me a set of those Studio 2s, 2x Mcintosh MC2301 amps, 1x Mcintosh c2300 preamp and 1x Technics SL1200 MK2.

That is what I want for my vinyl listening!

Those studio 2s are gorgeous! I want a pair of those so bad for music listening.

Give me a set of those Studio 2s, 2x Mcintosh MC2301 amps, 1x Mcintosh c2300 preamp and 1x Technics SL1200 MK2.

That is what I want for my vinyl listening!

Mac's for the top end, and PassLabs for the bottom end :)

THEN we have a nice setup..

Are those studo 2's bi-amp able ?

Here is a setup i got to play & listen to a few years ago, WAY over $200k in gear.

EPSN0005.jpg

EPSN0007.jpg

Creative Inspire T3130 - Great little speaker system for small rooms and dorms. Also got them for only 25 bucks.
41HmWVr967L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A better pic of my GameCom 377 headset. Still in love with it.
003xo.jpg

And finally Sony sony digital cinema sound - cinema studio ex.
005vqz.jpg

Very nice.
What is the rest of the gear pictured?

Maybe your next purchase should be a center channel and a TV stand! :p

Not a big room so I don't intend to pick up a center channel yet...of course dropping another 8k on a speaker gives me a bit of pause :)

I don't have a long chain of gear, just powering the speakers with a Yamaha RX-Z11 receiver.

Rest of the stuff is just my video game consoles, Oppo BDP-93, and Belkin PF60, nothing fancy. I am not the type who obsesses over electronics (not "that" kind of audiophile), for me I focus on the speakers.

Just bought some Beyerdynamic 990DT PRO's for 162.00 shipped on amazon. Can't wait to listen to them.

this is my computer desk audio ATM

I have a ZonarDG which is connected to a FiiO E9 which is then connected (Line OUT) to the above

Pioneer SX-780 and Polk Audio RTi4 bookshelf speakers.... it is sounding rather AWESOME

under the SX-780 is A Pioneer SA-410 integrated amplifier which is actually not hooked up to anything ATM..but is still kinda awesome indeed.

Mac's for the top end, and PassLabs for the bottom end :)

THEN we have a nice setup..

Are those studo 2's bi-amp able ?

Here is a setup i got to play & listen to a few years ago, WAY over $200k in gear.

EPSN0005.jpg

EPSN0007.jpg

do those QRDs adhere to the Barker Code modulation for normal and inverse panels? as you increase the periodcity, the diffraction lobes become more specular. you can utilize an inverse quadratic residue diffuser with modulation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barker_code) to even out the polar response.

do those QRDs adhere to the Barker Code modulation for normal and inverse panels? as you increase the periodcity, the diffraction lobes become more specular. you can utilize an inverse quadratic residue diffuser with modulation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barker_code) to even out the polar response.

Was what you said a real thing? Please pardon my ignorance; that is a lot of esoteric and technical jargon right there...

I just placed an order for BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio headphones based off of the Fischer Audio FA-003. Supposed to be the king of neutral which is what I love for listening to classical music.

Can't wait to get them.

I just placed an order for BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio headphones based off of the Fischer Audio FA-003. Supposed to be the king of neutral which is what I love for listening to classical music.

Can't wait to get them.

Once you have them and take a picture it may be a more appropriate time to post in a "picture" thread.

Here's part of my headphone rig, Beyer Tesla T1s and a SPL Phonitor amp. I have an Asus Essence One USB DAC sending signal to the amp and a pair of Sennheiser HD650s too.

photoajgj.jpg

Here's part of my headphone rig, Beyer Tesla T1s and a SPL Phonitor amp. I have an Asus Essence One USB DAC sending signal to the amp and a pair of Sennheiser HD650s too.

photoajgj.jpg

God I'm jelly , I hear that amp is simply amazing. Too bad it costs over $2000. :cool:

God I'm jelly , I hear that amp is simply amazing. Too bad it costs over $2000. :cool:

I love it, I got it for quite a bit less than that though :cool: Theres always the SPL Auditor for $1000 less too, it's the same thing as the Phonitor without the crossfeed circuitry.

so this is basically my done (for now computer desk audio set up)

blah blah

XonarDG /FiiO E9 / Pioneer SA-710 (intergrated amplifier) / Pioneer SX-780 receiver / Polk T15s to sides of monitors (for listening at desk) and Polk RTi4s on other side (for listening in the room)

Headphones JVC RX-700 and Audiotechnia ATH-AD700

and oh yeah a hella cheap from G/W Yamaha CDC-501 cd changer

a couple pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

short video of the SA-710 in action (sound kind sucks on video ..sorry my god **** Flip mino ate poo so had to use my dig camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqODwet8yKI

Just got my BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitors. They sound nice, I'm letting them burn in while stretching the head band a bit. Clamping pressure was high when I got them but my artificial head is making it much better.

20120428_134422.jpg

20120428_173727.jpg

20120428_173823.jpg

Nice headphones
I also like the Rotel integrated amp, tuner and the Sony ES SACD player.
What models are those Rotels and what speakers are connected?

Nice headphones
I also like the Rotel integrated amp, tuner and the Sony ES SACD player.
What models are those Rotels and what speakers are connected?

I have a VPI turntable. The integrated amp is the Rotel RA-1062 and the turner is the RT-1080. The Sony CD changer is the SCD-C333ES.

The speakers are Arcam Alto.

Just got my Lawton Audio Angle Pads in today after ordering them the first week of February. They're pretty sizable compared to the stock pads and they're almost an even match for my LCD-2 pads! The soundstage opened up more than I expected with these and the bass is still plentiful so I'm overall pretty happy.

d7knewpadsvslcd2.jpg

Just got these in today from a guy on Head-Fi that said that one of the drivers might be dead and he gave me an absolutely killer deal. Turns out it was a bad solder point on the 1/4" connector :D:D:D

So I present to you my practically brand new Martin Custom Audio Magnum v2.5 Woodies :cool: Aluminum gimbals, dark-stained cocobolo cups and rodblocks and a custom cable, that I quite like the look of, from Martin.

EDIT: Just found the album link for them from Martin's Flickr here.

magnumv25.jpg

magnumv25close.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my music setup. This runs to a pair of Sony floorstanding speakers, and then I have a 5.1 setup on my PC running over S/PDIF to my Asus Xonar D2x.

ttes2012.4.png

Nothing like spinning vinyl..sometimes I think we are going in the wrong direction

Here's my music setup. This runs to a pair of Sony floorstanding speakers, and then I have a 5.1 setup on my PC running over S/PDIF to my Asus Xonar D2x.
Very nice looking set up, I love those older Sony ES lines.
The Technics TT looks like it works well, I think it would look nice with a rosewood plinth to match the side panels on your ES receiver. :)

Germany brought me a wonderful present today by proxy. My brand new Violectric HPA V200 Headphone Amplifier! I got the ICEE myself :cool:

v200.jpg

Back