Speaker and Headphone Rigs Picture Thread

Threads in this forum get un stickied whenever new review stickies get posted I think.

Awesome set-up.

Who decided to unsticky this thread? Sometimes I tell myself the only reason why I lurk on the computer audio section is to get updated on this thread. Every set-up I've seen thus far gives me new ideas to incorporate into my future upgrade,

Thanks very much for the kind remark :)
If ya don't mind me asking what is your favorite aspect about it?

Gallo Acoustics Reference Strada from a MacBook Air 13 2011 with iTunes + Amarra in a college apartment double. Roommate's desk starts at the edge of the right speaker:

P1000186.jpg

Have an SVS SB12-Plus in the living room that I need to sell..

Love this setup! Did you get the MMGs yet? Cant wait to see a pic of the current setup.

I went down to Minneapolis for a couple of days this week with my girlfriend for back to school stuff. While there I stopped at a hi-fi shop called Audio Perfection. They're the only show room in the world to have Magnepan's available for demo. I'd been there a couple months previous looking at some speakers and they told me to not even consider the MMGs and go straight to the MG12s. I was absolutely floored by the soundstage and detail the MG12s offered. I didn't listen to the MMGs that day, and always wondered what they sounded like. I listened to them and was equally as floored as I was with the MG12s. I decided at that instant that these were the speakers I must have. Unfortunately, they are priced at $600 which is currently beyond my budget (and they don't make any money on them so they couldn't give me a discount). I'm going to save for a few more weeks and pick up the MMGs. In the meantime I wanted to be able to listen to music, so I picked up a pair of Insignia speakers at Best Buy (where I work) for half off retail (my discount on these). They have 6.5" carbon fiber drivers and are made very well. They're light on bass and aren't real detailed, but they'll do for a couple weeks. I also got some Ultimate speaker stands and filled them up with sand. I added all Monster interconnects and speaker wires with banana plugs (I get a good discount on these). Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to work on the acoustics in my room as well (throw rugs, treatments on the walls, etc.). Here's my setup as it looks now (please note we're having a power issue at my house so I'm running an extension cord from one end of my room to the other. It's a brand new house...):

IMG_6574.jpg

I feel as if my sonic prowess is a bit under some of you ;)

Anyway, my little setup:

IMG_0385.jpg

2x Tannoy 501a
1x Allison AL10

Currently the 360 has been replaced by a PS3. Also, since the crossover in the sub is a bit too noisy for my tastes I have an active crossover on the way.

Logitech G35's for headphones, and a Yamaha RX-V867 Receiver mated to Altec Lansing and Polk Audio RM8 satellites with a Polk PSW-10 Sub. The Altec's are assigned as presence speakers and I they really do help out. Not as nice as some of the setups in this thread, but as good as I can do for the space I have :)

IMG_1908.jpg
IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg
IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg
IMG_1939.jpg

My simple setup, specs 4th line in sig.

audidio.jpg

P.S. - Holy Lack of Cable Management Batman! :eek:

picked up the Audioengine A2's this week along with a pair of M-Audio AV40's

my office is getting renovated plus i'm getting a new table coming in very soon hence the weird stacking of speakers lol... dun freak out, they are just waiting there out of the way for now until the table arrives lol, will post again when everything is properly set up

6366305993_7f3b16ba6d_b.jpg

The link in my post links to an LDraw model with the steps mapped out, and there is also a bill of materials.

They won't, they're gone. He just updated the site a few days when I complained about how the PDFs looked like crap and that there was no model for the 2.5 version. You really wouldn't be able to build it with the PDF anyway, as it showed the same exact angle for every step, and with most of the steps you weren't able to see where the parts are added. You'll need to get LDraw and go through the steps manually.

picked up the Audioengine A2's this week along with a pair of M-Audio AV40's

my office is getting renovated plus i'm getting a new table coming in very soon hence the weird stacking of speakers lol... dun freak out, they are just waiting there out of the way for now until the table arrives lol, will post again when everything is properly set up

6366305993_7f3b16ba6d_b.jpg

Are those B&W's worth the price?

Are those B&W's worth the price?
not at all... i got them as a gift so didn't pay for them but... they sound good but, most i'd pay for them is maybe $150? max

the audioengine A2s tbh sound just as good and i got them on sale for like $160

6433583803_b56de92989_b.jpg

u can actually see i moved them to my secondary rig and barely use them now unless i am watching sumfin on my macbook pro

why are u using both the E9 and wooaudio 2:confused:.Aren't both headphone amplifiers?

Tube amps have a different sound signature so its all about variety. The Woo Audio 2 pulls back the treble and enhances the mids a bit while delivering a larger soundstage than the E9. To me the HD800s sound best with the WA2 and the Fostex Orthos sound better with the E9.

Decided to get the WooStand. I can finally use my banana stands for hanging bananas...
600x323px-LL-bbe2d950_HPSTand4.png

MBA via USB with Amarra 2.3 or desktop via optical → Nova → Gallo Strada + SB12-Plus, JH13 Pro or HF-2

I wish my desk was anodized black aluminum or steel but then I'd wish my sub was too.
MyDesk.jpg

I posted this recently in a different thread, but thought it was something y'all might want to see.

IMG_0249.JPG

Amiga 1200 computer
JVC broadcast monitor (hooked to the Amiga via a custom RGB cable I built)
M-Audio AV40 monitors (new version that lacks the bass boast switch)

I listen to more music on this machine than on my pc (laptop, off frame to the left). ProTracker running on it when I took this picture.

350x263px-LL-81bec626_O2.jpeg

Where'd u get that headphone amp? I looked for objective 2 amp but could't find one with the same housing.

Back