Speaker and Headphone Rigs Picture Thread

Just got my new Prodipe Pro 5, they sound great. I switched from my old Creative l-Trigue L3800 :D

prodipe.jpg

prodipe-right.jpg

prodipe-left.jpg

I've got an old Yamaha R-V901 pushing two Sony SS-U311 and a Yamaha YST-SW80. Nothing fancy and I'm planning on upgrading the R-V901 soon.

room.jpg

quad.mount.png

Energy RC-10's had been sitting on my desk for ~1 year taking up a lot of space and having really poor distorted projection. I upgraded my dual monitor arms to quad monitor arms and perched the speakers on top. Viola, far better sound projection, and my desktop is free of clutter. thread here.

Powered by a Sonic Impact T-Amp and a E-MU 0404 USB underneath the desk.

Upgraded the pleather cushions on my M-Audio Studiophile Q40s to the velour cushions from the Beyer DT770. I originally saw this done by warrior05 over on Head-Fi way back, who also suggested that I do it eventually, and I have been meaning to do it for some time now, and finally got around to it. I took some pics of the result :)

One original cushion, and one of the DT770 pads cushions, for comparison:
IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

Complete:
IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

I've been listening to the headphones since I put them on a bit ago, and I love them. They're so much more comfortable now, not to mention they look great. Definitely a nice upgrade. :)

I don't have any pics of my room's audio setup right now. Nothing major, just consists of an old school Technics SA-GX170 receiver hooked up to the X-Fi Platinum card in my PC. For speakes, I've got a pair of Polk R150s, and an 8" Jensen sub. It's a great sounding setup for my room. I may take some pics and post them later.

My very first headphone amp showed up the other day. Its a MAD Ear+ HD Super customized with two EM80 magic eye tubes. The EM80's are currently mis-matched until I can get a replacement.

I've got this paired up with my Grado GS1000i (not pictured).

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

A few minor changes to my PC audio setup. I placed the front L/R speakers horizontally and got some Auralex foam pads to angle them upward. I'm still trying to figure out a way to place that center speaker on top of my desk. It's just too big to place under or in front of the LCD. I've been considering other speakers that might fit better on my desk. The top candidate, so far, is the Energy RC Mini Center channel. Maybe using 3 of them in an L/C/R arrangement would do the trick. I really love the "oomph!" that my x-series pounds out, though. Not sure I could get comparable sound out of those RC Minis.

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

Figured I'd post the home theater pc audio setup before I make some upgrades.

HomeTheater_0835.jpg

HomeTheater_0846.jpg

Energy Veritas i speakers + Denon AVR-3801 + Klipsch 10" Sub.
Using onboard coaxial spdif output.

DSCF0298.jpg

my setup temporarily. Onkyo 5100s i got for $330 shipped not long ago :). i bought some monoprice 12 gauge cable and banana clips, along with a RG6 cable for the subwoofer and to connect the digitial out of my audigy 2zs to my receiver. so far it does sound better, can't say too much, but i can hear a difference. the sound is more fuller and rich i guess is the best way to describe it :D. once i figure out some stands that won't break the bank, plus a way to mount the wires over my doorways (i think i will use some hooks or something) then i will post more update pics :). currently its just in 3.1 :D. i will also wire up my onkyo 990thx's in the living room as well.

something i found out when stripping the wire and cutting it to length, its best to overestimate. i cut the wire short for my 3 front speakers by almost too much, if i have enough left after rerunning the rest with cable, i will redo it :D
yeah, i figured 12 gauge would be thicker. *shrug*
DSCF0319.jpg

i also got a 35 foot RG6 for the subwoofer, it will be routed in the back corner of the rom almost the opposite spot it is now in that picture. :)
DSCF0310.jpg
to the far left, away from the fridge

i will invest in some better speakers if i ever win the lottery ;) but for now, these 2 onkyo sets, which sound better than my 550 thx megaworks, will definitely hold me over :)

Last edited:
i still can't believe how good these sound :). i would have gotten the newer revision but not for $40 :D
these s150's are good for when i dont' wanna use headphones and don't wanna be stuck with the laptop speakers :)

DSCF0320.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

Was using sennheiser hd201's for a while then decided to get something a little bit better :)
SANY0878-1.jpg

The full line-up of my Energy Veritas v2 speakers.
Temporary placement till I finish the home theater remodel.

energy_temp.jpg

Same old speaker & amplifier combo I've had for 5 years now..

Pioneer VSX-D512
Simex Cinema 5.1 (I'm only using 2 speakers and the sub)

dsc00698h.jpg

dsc00642g.jpg

dsc00640q.jpg

Cool, cute and great sounding laptop speakers. They're called Tweakers. You twist the top to pop up the bass modules. The bottoms are magnetized for easy storage in the little carrying bag. The cords retract automatically into each speaker. Charge them with the USB adapter. When the little light turns blue, they're good to go. I've had them going since about 9:00 a.m., still cranking great. I'm quite impressed how much clean audio these little guys pump out. They also work on an iPod, iPhone. I haven't tried them on my BB 8320, yet.

Get them here: http://grandmax.com/

They come in black and red.

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing compared to some of the setups here, but I am easy to please.

Audio Technica ATH-M40fs
M-Audio AV30s
BB cMoy Headphone Amp (OPA2227)
Onboard Realtek Sound (Xonar DX on the way)

dsc0156zdx.jpg

dsc0153dpu.jpg

This is a work in progress. Until I get a new desk the whole setup looks overly cramped. I'm currently shopping for a house and don't know what kind of room all this will be going in, so the new desk has been put on hold. Still, this will give you an idea:

Eventually I'd like to wall mount the 30's, slide the rack under / next to the desk... or build it into a false wall, and add some serious media storage. For now this will have to work. Just got the speakers, so they're still breaking in. I'll have more input on them after the sub shows up and they've all had a couple days of pink noise. The blank spot in the rack will house a media server I'm still building. Not remotely high-end, but it beats the crap out of my old Logitech Z-5500's. :D Feedback and suggestions are welcomed!

The computer specs are in my sig, but the audio setup is as follows:

Receiver: Marantz SR5003
Blu-Ray: Sony BDP-S301
HD-DVD: Toshiba HD-A30 (cuz I got it dirt cheap off ebay, lol)
Fronts: Axiom M22's
Center: Axiom VP-100
Surrounds: Axiom QS8's
(rears only for now, will add sides after moving into house)
Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK3 (in transit)
Line Conditioner: APC H15
HD Antena: Winegard SS-2000

2a5y9a0.jpg

2a5wzg6.jpg

Polk RTi4's and PSW10
Harman Kardon AVR 146
Technics SL-1300 w/ Ortofon Concorde 20 and TC-750
PC-as-source

Thinking of moving to some speakers with a... beefier(?) sound, but I have to stick to bookshelves due to my need for expansive desk space -- not sure if it is worth it.

New speakers and audio interface... nothing nearly as elaborate as others here but still a big step up from the Logitech set I had.

My+Desk+-+June+2009.jpg

Description + Zoom

New set of toys to play with.
STAX Lambda Pros and SRM-1/MK-2. About 20 years old, but sound fantastic.
So crisp and clear. My first electostatic cans.

3685068428_7b6bc60576.jpg

3684257793_fd6d1e3b19.jpg

3684257409_fc2285ca80.jpg

3685069544_a45725e8f4.jpg

Need to buy new pads as the foam inserts have simply disintegrated over time.

Last edited:
This is my setup currently:
HDTV: Panasonic LX700 120Hz 32" | Speakers: Polk RTi6 | Subwoofer: HSU STF-1 | A/V: Onkyo TX-SR506 | Console: PS3

P1010157.jpg

what do u guys think? might return those speakers tho

Yay first post on these forums.

So I'm back at home for the summer and in my old room again, this is how its setup.

deskvuv.jpg

Note-able things are...
24" wide screen HP monitor
Zero DAC and headphone amp (It uses 220V so I have a power transformer under my desk) Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros
Logitech 5.1 Speakers
PC is a Intel 6420 overclocked to 3Ghz with a Geforce 8800 GT

xboxd.jpg

Here is my Xbox 360 hooked up to an old HP CRT with really bad color and Altec Lansing speakers with a blown sub woofer.

tables.jpg

SL 1210MK2 turntables
DXM06 mixer
Toshiba SA-420 receiver
some Yamaha bookshelf speakers
Crappy Motorola digital cable receiver that I don't actually even use anymore. (I still get all the same channels just not the nifty menu)

workstation.jpg

workstation2.jpg

MB Quart QLC104 Bookshelves
B&K AVR-307 Receiver

I need to get some stands and a subwoofer eventually.

Hmm, computer audio, an interesting field to say the least.

Built some new desktop speakers in between projects + an amp to go with them that I can use as my monitor stand. DAC mounted behind and under the desk unfortunately :(

Fairly simple TL's designed for a shallow roll-off down to 50hz to meet the sub in the making (bah, got to find time to build that now :( )

As always, my photo quality is shyte :D

psa113.jpg

Slightly changed speaker position since, due to a few degree misalignment in my tweeter position

Were a tad larger than planned :p Replacing my previous nEar 05 ESI monitors.

image209u.jpg

Decent monitors for their size, just needed a bit of stuffing and a slight trim on the port length.

My Vintage Polk Audio set-up.

1x Samsung Plasma HPT4254 42 inch HDTV (720p/1080i)

2x Polk RT2000i (black) Left/Right Floor standing speakers with built in subs

1x Polk CS400i (black) for the center

2x Polk fx/500i (black) Surround (not pictured.)

1x Sony STR-DB940 Receiver

1x Halo 3 LE Xbox 360 (20gb hdd)

1x Premium Xbox 360 (Falcon / 120gb hdd)

2x 40gb Ceramic White Japanese PS Triples

My sub finally showed up (after a month :rolleyes: ). The two computers, Fire and Ice, are in my sig but the rest of the system goes like this:

Receiver: Marantz SR-5003
Front Speakers: Axiom M22 v2's
Center Speaker: Axiom VP100
Surround Speakers: Axiom QS8 v2's
Subwoofer: Velodyne DEQ-12R
Blu-Ray: Sony BDP-S301
HD-DVD: Toshiba HD-A30
Line Conditioner: APC H15
A/V Rack: Middle Atlantic BRK14 with laser cut faceplates

A new desk will eventually join all this, but after I get a house bought so I know what kind of space I'll be dealing with.

The Axioms were an experiment for me, I had never heard them before and purchased based on review. They image very well and seem to have decent detail but I'm a little disappointed in the mid-bass. The Velodyne on the other hand is a delightful piece of work. Though I sit entirely too close to it to enjoy a fully developed wave, it is enough of an over-kill to get the job done, lol. And it will slide into a future HT rather nicely. I'm still tinkering and fine tuning, but for the most part I'm happy with it all. It beats my old Logitech Z5500's to an assimilated pulp. ;) Input is welcome.

...just posting for new speaker stands. They're crap but they get the speakers off the desk and the soundstage is a bit better now.

Description + Zoom

My new toys in 2009. Sierra1 LR + Rythmik F15 subwoofer. Replacing Axiom M2 fronts and Hsu stf2
seirra2.jpg

seirra1.jpg

F15pic1.jpg

F15vsSTF2.jpg

The stf2 looks like a midget compare to the F15
Next upgrade will be a Sierra center i guess. Then ..probably a new HDTV, the 37westie is getting a little old.

Sorry for the horrible shots, just took them on my Crackberrycam:

img00070200908061345.jpg

img00071200908061345.jpg

img00072200908061345.jpg

img00074200908061346.jpg

As you can see, I am no photographer.

Here's my set-up now. I'm trying to find a smaller desk so I can position my speakers better but so far I've had no luck. Sounds great but I definitely wish my room were bigger. :eek: Still deciding on a sub.

Grills on:

DSC_3954.jpg

Grills off:

Untitled_Panorama4.jpg

My new audio equipment for 2009:

Marantz SR8001 Receiver
PSB B25 Bookshelves
SVS PB10-NSD Subwoofer

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

I know, I know... the cables suck. Feel free to stop by and clean them up for me. :p

Last edited:
first pic is my boston acoustics xb-6 subwoofer.second pic you can see my main speakers klipsch synergy series 3 model b2.third pic you can see the audio rack,and part of a klipsch sw-10 sub.last pic is just a closeup of the equipment in the audio rack.which is a chase technologies rlc1 and a kenwood ka-3700 integrated amp.

Picture.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Ok, I just posted it in the HTPC gallery, so might as well put it here as well.

Very nice setups I see here, so here is my chance to show mine. I said I was going to post before, but I was in the process of moving to a new apartment, and we just got internet yesterday. I apologize for the white spots in the pictures, but my sister took my camera (Panasonic TZ5) to the beach and parties with smokers, and now the lens is dirty from within. :(

Rocking the Westy 37".:D
left_mid.jpg

[Click for Full-Size]

I need to replace that lamp, it doesn't match. And the stool too, I can't feel my ass after a while.:p
front_mid.jpg

[Click for Full-Size]

I removed the closet door, and put a black curtain instead. Looks way better.
right_mid.jpg

[Click for Full-Size]

Gran Turismo Prologue and Unreal Tournament 3 sound specially good in 7.1, VERY directional.
back_mid.jpg

[Click for Full-Size]

Cool angle shot.:)
angle_mid.jpg

[Click for Full-Size]

Another cool shot from above.
top_mid.jpg

[Click for Full-Size]

Yep, I sleep here. I hide the pillow and blanket inside the curtain closet tho'.
futon-bed_mid.jpg

[Click for Full-Size]

Banana plugs are nice looking, and so convenient. (green wall = old house)
banana-plug_mid.jpg

[Click for Full-Size]

So there you have it guys, there's my setup. It's actually VERY dark in person, the flash just makes it look way brighter. Maybe I'll upgrade the subwoofer around Christmas. Oh man, that's the upgrade virus kicking in. As soon as I get something, I want something better, lol.

Ok, enjoy.

IMG_6549.jpg

IMG_6553.jpg

New amp: Onix SP3 MKII Integrated Amplifier with 6L6GC SED and Mullard 12AX7 tubes.

Still awaiting my new speakers...

Back