Speaker and Headphone Rigs Picture Thread

nice to see some activity in here again.

here is my main system in it's current state, spinning some Billy Idol vinyl.

cd77kr28n8000n5fa.jpg

Great thread. I'm using Polk's new Monitor line for my computer rig and my turntable rig.

35b's on stands for the computer, paired with an 8" sub. I had to drill the stands for spikes but it was worth it because they're a lot more stable.

65t towers for the turntable rig driven by a Sony ES unit which I also use for headphone listening, (Denon AH-D2000's) and so far i'm quite pleased with Polk.

workstation2013.2.png

hifi2013.PNG

$1100 embody chair? Fuck.

I purchased my chair locally from an authorized Herman Miller dealer and only paid 800$.

Nobody tells you these chairs come fully assembled, guy dropped this thing off on a full-sized semi trailer. :eek:

Little known HM fact, they have semiannual 15% (most common) to 25% sales. And yes, from most, but not all, places they come fully assembled.

Great thread. I'm using Polk's new Monitor line for my computer rig and my turntable rig.

35b's on stands for the computer, paired with an 8" sub. I had to drill the stands for spikes but it was worth it because they're a lot more stable.

65t towers for the turntable rig driven by a Sony ES unit which I also use for headphone listening, (Denon AH-D2000's) and so far i'm quite pleased with Polk.

workstation2013.2.png

hifi2013.PNG

Seen that on audiokarma, nice setup man!!

I have the receiver hooked to my "daily" rig via optical... but I am using the HD-A2 a lot more for real listening now that I found out it's got a good dac in it.. The Sony X10s are I think very underrated headphones, they have a lot of bass but it's silky smooth and the precision + sound stage is pretty amazing.

Onkyo TX-8050
Toshiba HD-A2 (has Wolfson WM8740 DAC)
Sony MDR-X10
Boston Acoustics A25
Velodyne Impact-10

IMG_0692_zps21f47246.jpg

IMG_0697_zpsa184ebfd.jpg

IMG_0695_zpsc89a7cec.jpg

IMG_0694_zps3a16d012.jpg

I know they're up pretty high but these little A25's are very forgiving with room placement... they sound amazing in my chair, even more so if I stand at the back of the room..

this is the first time I have had my setup like this... I spent a while deciding if this was the right way to set the room up and I am glad I did this orientation. It's especially great for rain storms.. I love watching the rain while I am working and surfing, etc.... but on clear mornings the sun is going right in my eyes so I have to put a black storage tote top in the window (temp solution that worked so well I just kept using it). So I don't have to have the shade down and I don't have to wear sun glasses. :eek: :cool:

It's especially great for rain storms.. I love watching the rain while I am working and surfing, etc...

THIS!

I used to live in NW Indiana and I have a great memory of:

1. Doom 3
2. Massive window w/ nothing but grass and trees
3. INSANE storm
4. Cat jumping on my shoulder

AZ is comparatively boring.

^^ sounds like a good memory. :)

the A25's are breaking in and sound buttery smooth now. very happy with them.

dragonhawke, how did you manage to get that? They don't actually sell them with the ribbon tweeters. Custom order?

Yeah it's a $800 upgrade, just call or email Ascend and they will do it for you.

It was going to be a product that Ascend was going to sell last year on their website, but the price was too close to the stock Sierra Tower, so Ascend decided with designing a more affordable upgrade called Sierra-2, which some speculate will be using a cheaper RAAL tweeter, maybe the 70-10.

@Zanza, a pair of speakers for each computer?
i enjoy headphones a lot so i have several diff sets but for primary day to day stuff i use those Denon AH-D7000s... not ultra expensive but sound great, especially when used with a good micro DAC/amp combo like you see there

for the speakers, there are 3 sets cuz off to the right there is another 27" iMac i use for some media work and watching Youtube and stuff as i am working... it is kinda a weird setup to people looking at it but if you sit down and give it a try, it's kinda cool haha

I wouldn't call that modest, you're just being modest. :p

What exactly are you running there?

I wouldn't call that modest, you're just being modest. :p

What exactly are you running there?

Nah, in the world of audio that's about as budget as it gets for separate components. :eek:

Just a very basic Sony receiver (TOSLINK from onboard) into a pair of Polk Monitor 40s and a pair of BIC H100s.

The DD-10 in the pic I referenced above is worth more than double what all of my gear cost combined :D

Yeah, thats the tube that came with the unit. Can't wait to try other tubes in the future, but for now, i'm perfectly fine with the current tube.

Headphones are RS2i! Love the grado sound

Me too! I had some 325i's that were stolen. :(

I'm currently looking for that sound signature in an IEM. A head-fier put the Vsonic GR07 MKII above his Allesandro MS-2's, so I'm trying those out today...sent me the bass edition though. My head feels like it's going to explode! But the mids are pretty lively...

Have fun w/ ur setup!

Yeah, thats the tube that came with the unit. Can't wait to try other tubes in the future, but for now, i'm perfectly fine with the current tube.

Headphones are RS2i! Love the grado sound

I hear great things about that Hybrid tube amp / DAC you have in that picture.

Seriously considering auditioning one.

New HT front end:

Moiwx1X.jpg

Speakers are DIY with AE TD10M woofers, SEOS12 Waveguides, DNA-360 compression drivers. Nice dynamics and clarity.

Nah, in the world of audio that's about as budget as it gets for separate components. :eek:

Just a very basic Sony receiver (TOSLINK from onboard) into a pair of Polk Monitor 40s and a pair of BIC H100s.

The DD-10 in the pic I referenced above is worth more than double what all of my gear cost combined :D

sony str-dh500 ? looks like my old receiver kinda. That's a lot of bass... must thump nice. :) monitor 40s are pretty nice for a budget speaker also.

Oh I definitely understand what you mean :D my Essence STX nearly cost me as much as the gear I am using at my desk.

I paid $100 for the Denon and Mission 5.1 setup with some extras included and $150 for the Paradigm DSP-3100 sub.

Are you splitting the signal from the Sub out or are you running one sub per channel via speaker line in?

Back