Sparkletts water dispenser as res.

SpoogeMonkey

2[H]4U
I have yet to install my apex kit (waiting on dfi mobo), but I thought of getting a used water bottle dispenser that i see at yard sales for cheap. It should be fairly easy to put some adapters on the 2 water spigots and use the 5 gal water bottle as a big ass res.
I think it would be pretty cool to freak out some friends next time I have company, to see the water dispenser full of glowing "anti-freeze" with tubes going into the back of my computer.
The only problem I see, would be a bigger pump to be able to push that 5 gal of water.

You wouldn't have to get a bigger pump: the reservoir would just give the pump more water to work with, and a higher equilibrium. The biggest problem is if you ever have to move your computer and loop, as I know from experience having previously used a 5 gallon bucket as a reservoir (only filled enough to submerge the pump) and taking that loop to a lan :p

This setup would never be moved, as there is NO lan parties at all in this little ass town. Hell, until this weekend I thought I was the only person in town that knew anything about oc'ing/wc'ing, till I met a fellow [H]'er.

I'm just concered about the back pressure of the 5 gal of water on the inlet side. Might be something to play with in a couple of weeks.

SpoogeMonkey said:
This setup would never be moved, as there is NO lan parties at all in this little ass town. Hell, until this weekend I thought I was the only person in town that knew anything about oc'ing/wc'ing, till I met a fellow [H]'er.

I'm just concered about the back pressure of the 5 gal of water on the inlet side. Might be something to play with in a couple of weeks.

What do you mean when you say backpressure? The water is going in a loop, there will be no gravity effect on the pump. For the same reason, you shou8ldn't necessarily need a larger pump, unless you're going to be drastically increasing your overall tubing length or loop restriction somehow.

Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much, but both in/out would be on the bottom of the 5 gal bottle. 5 gal of water =~35lbs, now wouldn't the return line going INTO the bottle have to fight this pressure, or since it's still a closed loop this would have no effect?

Back