'Spam King' Sentenced To 2.5 Years

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though the "Spam King" will be sitting on a throne in federal prison for the next two and a half years. The courts also ordered the guy to pay more than $310,000 in restitution but, considering he hasn't paid the $1B in default judgments against him so far, I doubt he'll start paying up now.

Sanford Wallace, the self-proclaimed "spam king" who has bedeviled Web users since the dawn of the public Internet two decades ago, has been sentenced to 30 months in prison and ordered to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in restitution for bombarding Facebook users, according to court records. Wallace, 47 — also known as "Spamford" and the handle he preferred himself, "the Spam King" — pleaded guilty in August to electronic mail fraud and to criminal contempt of court.

Doesn't seem like the amount of SPAM email I get has gone down since he was caught. In fact, I am pretty sure that I get more and more SPAM.

Wasn't he already in jail or was I just not paying attention, geez.

looks like someone has taken his place.I get bombarted with spam every day and it doesn't look like it will be letting up any time soom

Of course the volume of spam hasn't gone down. Just like everything else America invents, the Chinese do it 10x more for 100x less.

I hope he gets gang-raped in prison. Every day. Twice on Tuesdays.

Spammers, people who develop malware and especially those who develop ransomware...death penalty, no chance for appeal.

*Swipes sweat off of forehead* For a second there, I thought this might be more than a pirate's sentence. Good to know they still got the reason to only give him 2.5 years and 100k.

Drag him through the streets behind a truck, only fitting sentence.

Last edited:
Back