Spam Filter for Exchange Server (Recommendations)

zacdl

[H]ard|Gawd
A few of our people have ongoing problems with spam.
I would really just like to install spam filtering at the server level- so it never reaches their inboxes.

NOD32 is great anti-virus, now what is great anti-spam?

Barracuda all the way. I have yet to find anything that works better on a consistent basis and I have test almost all of the major products.

Barracuda all the way. I have yet to find anything that works better on a consistent basis and I have test almost all of the major products.

QFMFT.

It's a shame that at my current place they are using Postini (hosted spam filter)
They are OK, but I much rather have a Barracuda.

When our contract is up, i think we'll be moving back to Barracudas.

You using Exchange 2K3? The built in IMF does a decent job. For our clients on budgets..we're also having good luck combining the IMF...with using Endian as their firewall, as Endian does transparent proxy scanning of traffic for viruses, worms..as well as SPAM. And recently introduced malware (ad/spy) in their latest release.

Combine IMF with Endian..and you have a fairly effective zero cost solution. If you have a firewall that you cannot replace with Endian....we've had Endian just work as an SMTP gateway behind the clients primary firewall.

Since you're using NOD32...keep your eye out for their filter for Exchange Server...coming in a bit. ;) Their current version already does a great job with phishing mail in the XMON.

You using Exchange 2K3? The built in IMF does a decent job. For our clients on budgets..we're also having good luck combining the IMF...with using Endian as their firewall, as Endian does transparent proxy scanning of traffic for viruses, worms..as well as SPAM. And recently introduced malware (ad/spy) in their latest release.

Combine IMF with Endian..and you have a fairly effective zero cost solution. If you have a firewall that you cannot replace with Endian....we've had Endian just work as an SMTP gateway behind the clients primary firewall.

Since you're using NOD32...keep your eye out for their filter for Exchange Server...coming in a bit. ;) Their current version already does a great job with phishing mail in the XMON.

Agreed. The built in IMF with Exchange is a decent, no cost solution. To aid in administration, we purchased IMFTune which give us a much better interface to customize the IMF filters.

Didn't know Exchange had IMF included. I'll give it a shot- thanks.

The built-in IMF in exchange does work pretty decent. But I also vouch for a barracuda!

Back