SpaceX Will Fly 2 Private Passengers Around the Moon

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Back in February of 2017, SpaceX promised it would send 2 "anonymous" passengers around the moon in 2018. That didn't really pan out, as the rocket SpaceX wanted to use was never certified for human space travel. But SpaceX is now saying that it signed on 2 passengers to go around the moon in the Big Falcon Rocket, otherwise known as the "BFR." More details about the flight, including the space tourists' names, will be revealed on September 17.

Only 24 humans have been to the Moon in history. No one has visited since the last Apollo mission in 1972.

Back in February of 2017, SpaceX promised it would send 2 "anonymous" passengers around the moon in 2018. That didn't really pan out, as the rocket SpaceX wanted to use was never certified for human space travel. But SpaceX is now saying that it signed on 2 passengers to go around the moon in the Big Falcon Rocket, otherwise known as the "BFR." More details about the flight, including the space tourists' names, will be revealed on September 17.

Only 24 humans have been to the Moon in history. No one has visited since the last Apollo mission in 1972.
They better bring a couple video cameras, a dozen sd cards, and a Polaroid so that we might sate some of those conspiracy theorists.

Flat earthers are the last people on earth I would want given the opportunity of a lifetime. I firmly believe that stupidity shouldn't be actively rewarded.

Heard a report there was a cancellation - only 1 passenger is going to the moon. Not confirmed if the passenger is Alice.

So have they actually flown said rocket around the Moon yet ? Has Space X in any way gone beyond LEO? People signing up for this must have a lot of faith in them, but some how I feel like these are the Uber & Amazon drivers of the space age, least qualified people available.

Roger Waters and David Gilmour should be the first 2 passengers. I'm sure they could afford to boot.

They better bring a couple video cameras, a dozen sd cards, and a Polaroid so that we might sate some of those conspiracy theorists.

I don't think you can ever convince a conspiracy theorist short of sticking that person in the moon and leaving said person there.

Off Topic Devil's Advocate: If they just go to the moon again, all the questions / doubts will be answered right? Considering a modern smart phone probably has more computing horsepower than all the Crays that NASA had back in 1969, it should be a walk in the park right? <- That's the part that makes me wonder whether the conspiracy theorists have a point (or not).

Best of luck to them. It's a huge distance, plus dangerous. Something I would still love to do regardless.

Lol such a crock of bs. No one is going anywhere.

Let me know how you plan to get through the Van Allen radiation belts first.

Roger Waters and David Gilmour should be the first 2 passengers. I'm sure they could afford to boot.
Not sure sticking those two in a confined space together would work out so well.

Oh and theres no dark side of the moon really. In fact it's all dark.

Off Topic Devil's Advocate: If they just go to the moon again, all the questions / doubts will be answered right? Considering a modern smart phone probably has more computing horsepower than all the Crays that NASA had back in 1969, it should be a walk in the park right? <- That's the part that makes me wonder whether the conspiracy theorists have a point (or not).

I always think, once a conspiracy theorists, always a conspiracy theorists, they will concoct other explanation despite the contrary.

I always think, once a conspiracy theorists, always a conspiracy theorists, they will concoct other explanation despite the contrary.

Depends on the conspiracy theorist, but some of them will hold onto their beliefs despite contradicting evidence right in the face. I have ran into some that don't even believe in satellites, despite the fact you can see the ISS with a backyard telescope, for example. Of course, every now and then the conspiracy nuts happen to be correct. For example, a few years ago a theory broke out that the President of a notable developed country was under the control of a weird shaman-cult. Usual tin-foil stuff. Until some more evidence leaked out and it turned out to completely true; South Korea ended up impeaching said president over it.

Back