SpaceX Successfully Launches Dragon Mission to ISS

monkeymagick

[H]News
SpaceX has successfully launched its CRS-12 mission with the Dragon spacecraft carrying 6,400 pounds of supplies and equipment for the International Space Station. The Commercial Resupply Services (CRS) will be the last flight the company contracted with NASA for this particular program. This marks the 11th Falcon 9 mission done this year. Yesterday's launch is the first of three other planned launches by other organizations from the Eastern Range launch site this month.

Previously reported, the resupply includes an HP supercomputer.

Check out the launch and landing.

The return of the main booster is just amazing....and dead center...like watching a video game!!!!!

This is by far the best footage yet of a launch-to-landing. Even the running commentary wasn't annoying. Usually it is just vapid chatter. This was actually informative.

yep quality stuff. I'm really curious as to the camera used to track them. man they must have some big bucks in those tele lenses! And i often wonder is the tracking done by a human or electro-mechanically tracked. Must. Know! lol

yep quality stuff. I'm really curious as to the camera used to track them. man they must have some big bucks in those tele lenses! And i often wonder is the tracking done by a human or electro-mechanically tracked. Must. Know! lol
I'm pretty sure it's human, because I was thinking the same thing when the first stage entered the clouds on its decent. They obviously lost it in camera. I'd think computer-based tracking wouldn't have lost it so easily, because the math is there to give a constant track on the way down.

Yeah i noticed the vis loss a time or two and thought "shit, if thats a person tracking that they are doing bloody good, i'd have lost it long before now". Went through some clouds and kept tracking... which made me go right back to the middle of either-or undecided. lol

I was surprised at how fast the stage was descending, that ground was getting awfully close pretty quick.
Awesome video.

Back