SpaceX Plans Jan. 8 Launch After Completing Failure Investigation

HardOCP News

[H] News
Now that Elon Musk and the SpaceX team have figured out why the Falcon 9 rocket exploded back in September (aliens), the company will resume the boom on January 8th.

In its statement, SpaceX said that investigators did not find a single, most likely cause of the failure, but all the potential causes were similar. “The investigation team identified several credible causes for the COPV failure, all of which involve accumulation of super chilled [liquid oxygen] or [solid oxygen] in buckles under the overwrap,” the company stated.

Hard to believe that's the best video evidence they have. Hopefully, for future prep, they'll add oodles of high resolution, high frame rate cameras monitoring a great number of zones of the rocket.

i am curious to know when these rockets will feature auto pilot so i can hide when one launches!

I heard if you aren't in bed with trump and then billionaires this is what happens

My favorite conspiracy so far is a UFO caused it.

That one was pretty lame....at best.

I liked the one with Flight 29 being destroyed by a directed energy weapon by the United Launch Alliance (which Lockhead Martin has already demonstrated they can do). This also just happen to be soon after SpaceX has secured the rights to the very lucrative Defense department launches, which currently only ULA is allowed to do. The particular payload for Flight 29 was AMOS-6 which was an Israeli owned satellite company, which the US government is known for using to send military traffic through.

See....THAT'S a conspiracy theory!

SpaceX has won an $82.7 million contract from the U.S. Air Force to launch a next-generation GPS satellite aboard its Falcon 9 rocket in May 2018, the first of nine launch contracts the Defense Department plans to put out for bid over the next three years.

United Launch Alliance, which for the past decade has launched nearly every U.S. national security satellite, said in November it did not submit a bid for the 2018 GPS-3 launch in part because at the time it did not expect to have an Atlas 5 rocket available for the mission. The company also cited problems certifying its accounting system and concerns about how the Air Force would weigh price versus reliability, schedule certainty, technical capability and past performance in choosing a launch provider.

The win gives SpaceX a foothold in a national security launch market it’s been eager to crack for years.

The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) is leveraging the satellite capacity of Spacecom, operator of the AMOS satellite fleet, through a relationship with a major U.S. systems integrator in order to secure, reliable satellite communications in Europe and the Middle East, and soon in Africa.

Back