Space Wallpapers *56k Warning!*

I am here to share some space wallpapers with you guys. I made these with GIMP, I also enjoy requests and pointers.

Link to album on imgur

Link to deviantart

Soft Purple

Impact

Reach Out

Colony

With A Friend In The Sky

Fuzzy Binary

Violet Void

Lonely Out There. .

Light Through The Darkness

First Light

Downtown

The Rig

Last edited:
Nice wallpapers! I'm very fond of night time city shots like the last image in your post.

Nicely done but I cannot use them effectively. My monitors are all in portrait mode instead of landscape. :D

Link don't work anymore...

Can people use these for night time skyboxes in games and 3d renderings?

Thanks for the Catch, yeah Deviant art did not notify that their hosting addresses changed so I had to fix every single one of them.

They need perm links for their Images.

yes anyone can use these as backdrops for 3d etc.

Just let me know which picture you would like, and what resolution would look the best and I can resize them as I still have the original xcf's for use in GIMP.

:D

Any Requests????

Oh I could use all of them someday every planet and space area needs a new skybox.

For SKy boxes for mental ray rendering. as huge as possible resolution is best.

like if you are doing a Space ship render since you are in space that is the only thing going on in the background.

if its for a moon sky same thing pretty much.

For game sky boxes like

You get something like this more or less and you can use the hardware texture compression so huge skyboxe textures are fine.

7E4AA4B41A734E323A7BBE1C9A46D87DE9F11123

a Moon planet surface thingy like ratchet and clank/mass effect thingys is on my list one of these days.

8119_46c56ef0e1548.sssd.jpg

Last edited:
back grounds like these are great for skyboxes for alien planets like this at night time.

SeamlessSkyBoximage.jpg

It's too bad space isn't that beautiful :( I don't mean that sarcastically, I really mean it's a shame that space (at least what we see) is not as beautiful as an artists renditions. Particularly with the gas clouds.

beautiful wallpapers from topic starter:). I always wondered what is beyond our understanding of space and time.

This is wallpaper of quasar (the most destructive phenomenon in the universe)
133633190520fbade075a0.jpg

Back