SP35P2 Pro - Pictures and Initial Impressions

Try using my settings to see if this works.

FSB 333MHz
Memory Multiplier: 667 (CPU:MEM 2:3)
RAM Settings: 5-5-5-15 manually set

With this your RAM will be running at 333/2*3*2 = 1000MHz an should be CPU and memory safe settings. Set your RAM voltage to what spec requires, and under-clock your CPUs multiplier just to be sure you're only troubleshooting 1 problem at a time (if you get it to work, then work on CPU multiplier).

It may be that the SP35P2 doesn't like 4 sticks of RAM, anyone else running 4 sticks? I went and got the g.skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 5-5-5-15 kit myself in order to avoid this kind of problem.

Still no luck, at this point I'm nearly convinced I just happened to get 4 bad sticks, I'm running XP Pro, if I decide to abandon this ram, what would be your recomendation for a replacement? I was thinking of 2GB of 1066MHz. Dominator, or should I stick with 800MHz.?

Another noobie question, I didn't realize you could run 2GB sticks on a 32 bit system. I'll order them today.

Oh, umm, no. Didn't you already have a 4GB kit? I assumed you were looking for 4GB replacement based on your old kit. No matter what, you will not see more than 2.3-3.2GB when using 4GB in any 32bit OS. I am running Vista 64, so I get all 4GB. Size of the physical sticks 1gb, 2gb or 4gb doesn't matter, only the total matters to the OS.

If you are just looking for a 2x1GB kit for XP, then there are a lot more choices out there. Did you end up returning the Shuttle? Returning the RAM? Do you have an older PCIE or PCI graphics card you can try in the system? (I had trouble with one of my 8800GTX cards, wouldn't boot properly... swapped in a second GTX I had and it works just fine). Did you try that RAM in any other systems? If not, how can you be sure its bad?

The 2x2GB kit will work well. I knew there was some sort of limit to the amount of ram you could use in a 32bit system. Definitely sucks that in a 4x1GB setup you only get 20% of the forth stick. The rest of the setup works great, the only issue was the OCZ ram, I've been limping along with a 512MB stick of PC-667 Kingston Value Select. Eventually I need to cut a clearance notch in the GTS fan shroud, and I only get 2 channels on the optical out, but other than that everything works really well. I still need to find someone locally with a computer capable of testing the ram. Thanks Again.

OP: Please please please post Crysis demo benchmarks. I'm looking for a setup like this as well.

The SP35P2 also has a 1x mini-PCIe slot under the motherboard.

Anyone know if this will fit?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=36_172&products_id=2567
fan60to80_t_LRG.jpg

Where the 70mm ICE fan mounts? I want to replace the 70mm ICE fan with an 80mm Artic Cooling PWM fan.

I like the pictures of the fan's :) The Model AD0912UX-A7BGL is probably from AddaUsa. So via the pictueres I could compare them immediately with the fan I exchanged in my current shuttle (different) to get it more quiet... And look it up for the spec's:
http://www.addausa.com/model_index.pdf .... so it's low noise
http://www.addausa.com/ppt/hypro.pdf .... type of bearing

You feel it coming..... I'm interested in de SP35P2 but since my old shuttle has a few problems that I don't wan't in this to be the same with this model:

This model caught my attention because of the differtent powersupply. My current shuttle has a powersupply with a very small fan with an annoying sound (nagging). How is the sound of the SP35P2 when it's the only device on in a totally quiet room? I guess you can hear it.... but how good or bad is it? As quiet as a Compaq Evo (small desktop PC). If there are fan's that are more quiet I wan't to use other fan's from the start. Anyone has an idea?

Then the optical output was not compatible with my Yamaha receiver? I never got it fixed with new drivers or something. Always "clicks" overrulling the sound (receiver is o.k.). Has anyone experience with using the optical output?

Best regards,

Stefan

canislupy-

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I eventually got 2 sticks of 1GB PC8500 Corsair Dominator (which only clear the Power Supply by 5mm when installed) which has been running stable at 5-5-5-15 2.10v @ 1040MHz for several days now, the processor is running at 345x9 without a hitch as far as I can tell. I must say this thing is an absolute screamer, running FSX smoothly at 3200x1200 on 2 Samsung 20.1"s is a sight to behold. On another note, what is the best temp monitoring software you can recommend?

Do any of you guys are using the eSATA port? I can't seem to get it detected in Windows Vista. I know it is enabled by default because at system boot, it shows that it is enabled. However, I can't get it to be detected in Vista.

How's the onboard audio? I'd like to use an xfi but it's not possible with a dual slot vidcard like the 8800gtx.

well its realtek so it's not going to be the greatest but it does have all the right connectors, a headphone and mic port on the front, and sounds great in Crysis so there isn't much reason to go for a X-Fi especially if you don't have the room for it. However there are always external soundcards.

Do any of you guys are using the eSATA port? I can't seem to get it detected in Windows Vista. I know it is enabled by default because at system boot, it shows that it is enabled. However, I can't get it to be detected in Vista.

What eSATA enclosure are you using and are you using the eSATA cable that came with it? I had the same problem with my SD39P2. The only way the eSATA drive could be detected was if I used the eSATA cable that came with the eSATA enclosure.

What eSATA enclosure are you using and are you using the eSATA cable that came with it? I had the same problem with my SD39P2. The only way the eSATA drive could be detected was if I used the eSATA cable that came with the eSATA enclosure.

Yes, I am using the eSATA cable that came with my external hard disk case.

The Asus EN7300 Silent won't fit into the shuttle due to the cooling ribbon which is on both sides of the card. I had to modify the cooler by sawing off the backside and screw it back on so that it is pointing into the shuttle. I wanted to post some pictures. But I need to put them on a website first.

I tried the newest BIOS version. Herewith I have a standby problem. It doesn't come out of.. Fans go back on when pressing a key. But no image on the screen.
SP35S10N: no standby problem
SP35S10O: I have a standby problem

I notified it to shuttle.eu and they go with it to headquarted in Taiwan.

The Asus EN7300 Silent won't fit into the shuttle due to the cooling ribbon which is on both sides of the card. I had to modify the cooler by sawing off the backside and screw it back on so that it is pointing into the shuttle. I wanted to post some pictures. But I can't get the link right.. but these should be correct (anyone knows how to do this?).

EN7300silent03_resize.JPG

EN7300silent04_resize.JPG

I tried the newest BIOS version: SP35S10O. With this version I have a standby problem. It doesn't come out of.. Fans go back on when pressing a key. But no image on the screen. Only way.. power button > 4 seconds for off and on again.
SP35S10N: no standby problem
SP35S10O: I have a standby problem

I notified it to shuttle.eu and they go with it to headquarters in Taiwan.

Also the button of the shuttle which presses the button of the DVD player inside will be modified. In my case the button of the DVD player was not strong enough to depress the shuttle button. So I added a spring out of a ballpoint.

Does anyone have a picture of t he G5 and P2 chassis next to each other for a size comparison?

Back