SP3 BSOD Need help uninstall

Redleader

2[H]4U
I installed SP3 via the Windows Update. It downloaded, updated, and restart. After restart it will load then as soon as it starts into windows my mouse pointer shows up then BSOD. So I cant even make it into windows. Tried all the safe modes with no luck. How can I get to a restore point now? Any help is appreciated.

Before the windows boot screen, hit F8 and select Disable the autorestart on bsod option, maybe sp3 is not overclock friendly, or some driver is messing with you

unless you have a backup there is really no way of uninstalling sp3

A lesson to be learned here, going forward, is to always take an image of your PC before a major system change or update. I haven't seen any instructions for uninstalling SP3 as of yet.

A lesson to be learned here, going forward, is to always take an image of your PC before a major system change or update.

Yep, exactly what I did and always do

Never leave home without Ghost or some other imaging software.

If the dandy blue screen is giving this error message:

STOP: c0000139 {Entry Point Not Found}

The procedure entry point GdiGetBitmapBitSize could not be located in the dynamic link library GDI32.dll.

Or,

STOP: c0000139

The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_24 could not be located in the daynamic link library Kernel32.dll.

Try this:

1. Boot from a Windows CD or BartPE.
2. At Welcome to Setup screen, press “R” to start repair option and open up a Recovery Console’s command prompt window.
3. Select the Windows installation to use, normally is C:\Windows and just one option. If so, press “1″ and hit Enter.
4. If prompted for administrator password, enter the password (normally blank) and hit Enter.
5. Make a backup of existing GDI32.dll in system folder with following command:

REN C:\Windows\System32\GDI32.dll C:\Windows\System32\GDI32.dll.orig

Replace “C” of the drive letter of your Windows installation drive if necessary.
6. Then copy backup GDI32.dll from c:\windows\servicepackfiles\i386\gdi32.dll to the system folder with the following commands:

copy C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386\GDI32.dll C:\Windows\System32\GDI32.dll

Replace “C” with your own system drive letter if applicable.
7. Restart computer.

This bug will teach people not to early-adopt service packs. This bug primarily hits people who installed the beta or RC versions of the SP.

Im getting STOP: 0x0000008E which is a RAM issue according to MS. I tried pulling two sticks, changing my settings back to stock, and dropping my OC all with no joy. Need more suggestions.

This bug will teach people not to early-adopt service packs. This bug primarily hits people who installed the beta or RC versions of the SP.

??? SP3 is public release. Get with the times.

Have you tried booting into safe mode and trying system restore? Or you can run a repair with windows sp2 that might help?

Download ERD Commander. It will allow you to perform a system restore.

Back