SP2004 vs Prime95 v24.14

Lukano

Limp Gawd
I just don't get it.

As per the specs in my sig, I've currently got my Opty 165 at 289x9 and have tried anything from 1.275-1.350v for vcore - and always the same results.

Running SP2004 at any priority (1 through 10) will make it a full 12hrs stable without erroring out.

But running two instances of Prime95 24.14 will error out within 3 to 6 hrs.

Both have been properly configured to use one core apeice, and both should be using as much process priority as possible (assuming SP2004 on Priority 10) so as to stress the CPU and RAM as much as possible.

Why does Prime95 error like that, when SP2004 does not? Which is the 'standard' benchmark tool (A lot of people I've seen screenshotting results for Opty's and other current gen chips seem to use SP2004 the majority of the time).

Which one is 'most' correct?

Is there a known issue with the current version of Prime95? Am I even USING the current version, or did I accidentally grab an older copy?

edit - actually there's a chance I was running Large FTT's for ram stress in the Prime95 proper and Small FTT's in SP2004 (the labelling text was different and somehow that confused my already addled brain). I'm going to try Prime95 on Small FTT's at the same settings that were causing errors before and see if it goes away - if it does it may mean I'm giving my ram too much voltage.

Back