SP2 "File Download - Security Warning" ARGG Disable!?

djoye

2[H]4U
I upgraded to SP2 and when I try to download audio and video files I get this dialogue:
xpsuck2.gif

This dialogue blocks the other open/save dialogue so the only option is to save to disk when I friggin wanna just open the file directly without saving and clicking. :mad: I've searched this site and the rest of the net to find out how to disable this junk but no luck. I've disabled all of the crap..err Security Center "features" and I've even disabled the Security Center service.

What else is there? HELPPPPPPPPPPP ARRRRRRRFGD@#$!@#$

I've been using Firefox but I'd like to just go back to IE because I'm wierd.

Back to IE!? :p

It doesn't have anything to do with Security Center, it's actually a part of Internet Explorer. I looked in the custom security options and saw nothing to disable it. Maybe it can't be disabled?

Is there something wrong with your media player? Do you have the DivX codec installed? I'm not familiar with the way IE deals with files with no handlers, but it looks like that dialog is telling you there isn't one. :confused:

Yeah I have everything installed like it should be. IE was cool until SP2 and now they have all of this security stuff to keep ignorant folks from running junk they just click yes to when the box pops up.

this and the "disabled popup blocker...but still blocks executibles" thing is what drove me to Mozilla FireFox. It's unfortunate...but I don't have such problems anymore. :-/

Back