SOYO 24" DYLM24D6 Official Thread

and it is outstanding. No dead pixels - no backlight bleed - just a really solid monitor for cheap. My OfficeMax had four on the shelf. I went with the 2 year protection plan as well - $380 with tax out the door.

My wife works from home a good deal of the time and will use it all day tomorrow, she's pumped.

Now if I could only turn down the brightness on the blue LED...

Well, I bought one tonight and the backlighting was horribly uneven. The second one I got had two stuck pixels. Third time is the charm? Going to trade again tomorrow. I refuse to stop trading until I get the perfect monitor!

I refuse to stop trading until I get the perfect monitor!

The Soyo way! It's a good monitor, if you get one that checks out. That means, run the snot out of the monitor for the first 2 weeks, so you can take it back in the case of failure. If it survives, chances are you will be alright.

i almost feel about about how much money i'm costing officemax though

also, every one i have gotten so far is a 2007.11... does anyone know anything about november models?

also does everyone else get a weird flicker distortion pattern on the right side when you try to do 1080P? 1920x1200 works fine but it gets 1080P and it just says no

These monitors don't do scaling. Feed them friendly resolutions. This monitor is not Xbox friendly.

As well, don't feel bad for OM. they will RMA them to Soyo, and soyo will eat it for their shoddy QC.

Are you sure? I did this to best buy before and they just marked them all as open box and lost like 15% on all of them :p i suppose they probably don't LOSE money on open box though.
After I went through 4 samsung 204B's, the best buy guy offered to sell me one of the ones i brought back for open box price, which i thought was hilarious.

Edit: OH WOW you weren't kidding about no xbox friendly. THERE'S NO SOURCE BUTTON! The lack of a source button might force me to take it back after all :[

the OM I went to had really good customer service. they offered to open and test in store to mak sure I got a good one, but I figured the store was too noisy and I wouldn't hear any noise anyway so it wasn't worth troubling them.

maybe the buzzing will go away, I'm hoping.

Can this montor be wall mounted?

If so, recommendations that would work well, and be adjustable?

thanks guys

Yup, sure can.......:D. As for a good wall mount, I haven't a clue, never used one before...........:eek:

I've been looking at several different desk/wall mounts here lately as well, just haven't decided on one to get, if any...........:eek:

I've been looking at several different desk/wall mounts here lately as well, just haven't decided on one to get, if any...........:eek:

Are you looking for a mount for my Soyo too..Let me know if you find one please.

There are a lot fo them out there, and have various options\issues with them..So I never know which one will work best..

I assume that the Soyo has the screw holes already?

Yup, there are the standard mount holes on the back, not sure of the size though.........:eek: I haven't measured them............:D

Just got through all 19 pages. My eyes hurt.

My OM is about 20 mins away each way. Does it make sense to buy 2 then return one within 14 days? It could save me a few trips...

In my opinion, you should start with one - mine was perfect right out of the box. If you get two, you're guaranteeing yourself two trips.

I'm interested in a cheap but solid desk mounting option too...I've looked around and haven't found one yet.

In my opinion, you should start with one - mine was perfect right out of the box. If you get two, you're guaranteeing yourself two trips.

I'm interested in a cheap but solid desk mounting option too...I've looked around and haven't found one yet.

I haven't seen/found anything what I would call cheap as of yet.........:eek: At least nothing that will support a 24" display.

This is the wall mount I'm using with my Soyo.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082802&p_id=3323&seq=1&format=2

33231.jpg

Only about $20 shipped and it does a good job of supporting this lightweight monitor. It's not the highest quality mount, but it does the job.

My third Soyo seems to be flawless barring any kind of failure in the next 14 days.

What I would really like is a typical desk stand with height/tilt/pivot like my old monitor had. Are there any good cheap third party ones?

My third one still has dead pixels.

I can't get away from them.

Help me guys.

Also, they take like five minutes to form. They aren't there when I first start using the monitor.

Mine is a november 07.

Has anyone measured the input lag? I would REALLY like to know. If anyone has a capable camera and a CRT, please check.

I can detect some definite ghosting on mine. It's not a HUGE bother given the better colors but it is still annoying on occasion.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The last two I've had have been November panels.

I don't know what month the first one I had was from.

Awesome monitors except for the stuck/dead pixels.

This one is green, and it's different than the rest of them.
It goes away if I leave the monitor off for a while, but it comes back if something blue goes over where it is.

I'd rather have dead pixels, because almost everything on my computer has a black background.

I can detect some definite ghosting on mine. It's not a HUGE bother given the better colors but it is still annoying on occasion.

Are you using the stock DVI cable?

Try a new cable, I had ghosting/tearing until I grabbed a new DVI cable from monoprice... I used to think DVI cables didn't make a difference but the one that's included with the Soyo is pretty terrible quality... and 1ft shorter than all my other DVI/VGA cables so it barely fits in my system...

I got one and hooked it up last night, no dead pixels... I am using the powercord and DVI cable from my Samsung 19" LCD. I was surprised the power cord on the Soyo was about 2 ft shorter than the Samsungs..

Picked one up yesterday. I'm not big into the technical aspects of displays, so I don't know the difference between my ass and a hole in the ground when it comes to different panels, and dot pitches.

However, as a ignorant consumer who enjoys video games this thing is pretty awesome. For one it's downright humongous. Games, movies, and just browsing the web looks fantastically cool compared to a 19inch. I was about to buy a 22" but it didn't seem to have the "wow" factor as the 24 did. Glad I bought it. No bells and whistles - but like I care. And no dead pixels. Pretty happy guy.

7 days straight running 24 hours a day still PERFECT.

Is there a break in process? I thought I read someone mention something like that on this forum... right now I left mine on today mid game of COD4. As long as some terrorist didn't kill me I've got a nice changing scene going on...

the OM I went to had really good customer service. they offered to open and test in store to mak sure I got a good one, but I figured the store was too noisy and I wouldn't hear any noise anyway so it wasn't worth troubling them.

maybe the buzzing will go away, I'm hoping.

The buzzing you hear is coming from the built in speakers. Mine was automatically set to full volume. Go into the OBD and turn the speaker volume down all the way to 0. That will help a lot, but wont get rid of the buzz all the way. See if that helps.

Are you using the stock DVI cable?

Try a new cable, I had ghosting/tearing until I grabbed a new DVI cable from monoprice... I used to think DVI cables didn't make a difference but the one that's included with the Soyo is pretty terrible quality... and 1ft shorter than all my other DVI/VGA cables so it barely fits in my system...

I'm using the DVI cable from my old Samsung monitor. I'm pretty sure the ghosting is a property of the monitor

Is there a break in process? I thought I read someone mention something like that on this forum... right now I left mine on today mid game of COD4. As long as some terrorist didn't kill me I've got a nice changing scene going on...

The break in process is = you use it as much as you can before your possible return date.

just turn off the speaker sound completely and the buzzing noise would go away.

The buzzing you hear is coming from the built in speakers. Mine was automatically set to full volume. Go into the OBD and turn the speaker volume down all the way to 0. That will help a lot, but wont get rid of the buzz all the way. See if that helps.

yeah that was the first thing I thought of but that isn't it. volume is at zero, no effect on buzzing.

I think it's the backlight. I set windows to turn monitor off after 5mins idle. As soon as screen goes blank the buzzing stops, then buzzing comes back briefly as the screen says "no signal", then goes off again as the monitor goes into standby and LED turns red. when I moves the mouse and screen comes back so does the buzzing.

yeah that was the first thing I thought of but that isn't it. volume is at zero, no effect on buzzing.

I think it's the backlight. I set windows to turn monitor off after 5mins idle. As soon as screen goes blank the buzzing stops, then buzzing comes back briefly as the screen says "no signal", then goes off again as the monitor goes into standby and LED turns red. when I moves the mouse and screen comes back so does the buzzing.

I have more of a ticking then a buzzing sound. Kinda like what a car sounds like when its cooling off from a recent drive. Funny thing is that my 2407wfp has it also, but its like 1/5th as loud...I think its just the heat shields cooling?

I hate annoying noises.

i am getting sick of all the flickering going on. This LCD fails miserably in the "Lagom" Flickering tests. The voltages are badly mis-adjusted and even while browsing I can see slight waves of pixel motion. Now I can understand why Soyo has priced them so low, the panel is awesome but Soyo's engineering is pathetic.

i am getting sick of all the flickering going on. This LCD fails miserably in the "Lagom" Flickering tests. The voltages are badly mis-adjusted and even while browsing I can see slight waves of pixel motion. Now I can understand why Soyo has priced them so low, the panel is awesome but Soyo's engineering is pathetic.

I hate to tell yu this, but Soyo didn't build nor design this display, its simply a rebadged OEM product form a large Chinese OEM builder.............:D

BTW, my display passes the "flicker" test just fine............;)

Some experiences about the buzzing:
When I use the panel at school, there is very little electronic noise. When I use it at home, there is the same quiet electronic noise, but also a 60Hz (not exactly sure if it was 60, don't have it with me) buzzing. Sometimes quiet, and sometimes very loud. I've never had any issues with the power in this house, and it's only about 20 years old. Don't know what is going on with harmonics or resonance or whatnot. I don't have a UPS to test it with which might have an interesting result. Anyone got any theories?

PS. the speakers do make a hissing sound if not at 0 volume, but I have physically disconnected them. None of this noise if from the speakers.

I returned mine today for a full refund because of the stupid flickering. My eyes were getting too tired and personally I want my eyes to remain healthy over more vibrant colors.

Back