SOYO 24" DYLM24D6 Official Thread

I wouldn't mind getting another one as well, mine is still doing fine after over a week of non stop use, I guess I got a fairly good one.............:D

I got mine.

Has a stuck pixel, red on black, and can't seem to unstick it.
Good display otherwise (could have a better dot pitch, but I'm not complaining here)

Dead/stuck pixels drive me insane.
So I think I'll return it to Walmart, and possibly get an exchange if possible...is Officemax's website ever going to list them again?

Does anyone have a comment on Soyo's RMA process??
Just hypothetically assuming I get an RMA #, how long do you think they'd take to RMA it??

I wish I was someone who could ignore it...because for the past four years I just can't seem to get a monitor that's any good, and now I finally get one that I like, and bam, dead pixel.

Isn't that just the way? : (

I have had mine for about 5 months now, and have had no issues at all...Great monitor...

I'm trying to decide if the buzzing from my soyo is normal or not.

could someone please do this:

1) make your room as quiet as possible.

2) turn your brightness control to 100%.

3) listen close to the monitor as you turn down the brightness to 0. do you start to hear a buzzing/humming sound coming out of the monitor as your brightness goes below a certain point?

tthanks

I'm trying to decide if the buzzing from my soyo is normal or not.

could someone please do this:

1) make your room as quiet as possible.

2) turn your brightness control to 100%.

3) listen close to the monitor as you turn down the brightness to 0. do you start to hear a buzzing/humming sound coming out of the monitor as your brightness goes below a certain point?

tthanks

My brightness is always on 35 or 24 and I hear nothing. None of the other settings emit any sound either.

And no, I am not deaf. :)

My brightness is always on 35 or 24 and I hear nothing. None of the other settings emit any sound either.

And no, I am not deaf. :)

No buzzing here either, wouldn't say it's normal... but again it doesn't guarentee it's defective... could just be a side effect, who knows... but office-max has a good return policy :)

On sale again (Jan 13-19) @ Officemax

SOYO 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor
SAVE $100

$299.99
(Reg. $399.99)

Link please?????????????

I mean, I search through their site, and I can't find the monitor.

Using links from google, I find the page for the product, but there's no button to add it to the cart.

Tough website. : (

It'll more than likely be in their flier on the front page sale section, after mid-night, right now they are still showing this past weeks specials......;) .That's where it was the last time.

So I dont feel like reading through 17 pages but for the summary, is this monitor worth it? Does it have good picture etc? Or should I spend a hundred extra bucks and get a more well-known brand?

It has a good picture.

I'd say it's worth every penny, mine had a dead pixel, so I'm looking to get money back and a replacement.
I feel like I almost have OCD about dead pixels. It's just driving me crazy.

I'm also looking at the Viewsonic something or other, which I'll edit my post with in just a second.

I was digging around a bunch of sites over in China and there are several brands that are selling this exact display...........:eek: The point of this post is that they are all listing it as being made with a M24E14 Samsung S-PVA panel. So in that respect, I would think that this is a fairly good display............I'm still liking mine alot................:D

I was digging around a bunch of sites over in China and there are several brands that are selling this exact display...........:eek: The point of this post is that they are all listing it as being made with a M24E14 Samsung S-PVA panel. So in that respect, I would think that this is a fairly good display............I'm still liking mine alot................:D
i still like mine alot too :D. trying to justify getting a second one. this time i'd have my laptop to test for dead pixels which i didn't last time. oh someone tell me why i need a second one :D

You need a second for "just because" ............:D, I'm still trying to come up with the extra cash to get a second one as well..................:eek: Dual 24", what a dream............:cool:

You need a second for "just because" ............:D, I'm still trying to come up with the extra cash to get a second one as well..................:eek: Dual 24", what a dream............:cool:
well i already have a westy 37 to go along with the 24 inch soyo. triple monitor dream for me :D

LOL..I'm looking at the Westy for my main TV up in the living room.............:D I don't need anything to large up there as I'm not up their all that often.............:D

Picked one of these up at OM. Pretty nice for the price. Not perfect, but I wasn't expecting that. Still tinkering with colors. Looks much better than my Hanns-G 19". 1 stuck pixel (red) that I got rid of. Good buy overall.

I just exchanged mine b/c of a buzzing/humming noise, and this one is just the same, possibly even louder. It sounds almost like there's a little motor running in there.

too bad, really, because there's no dead pixel or other issues. It's a good display, except for the ergonomic -- no height adjustment. and no USB. and why oh why did they feel it necessary to put speakers on there? they could've saved a few bucks and left out something virtually no one buying a 24" display would want.

Yea, I tried that and no luck.

I tried just about everything I could read about or find. : (

Oh well.

I still can't manage to add this monitor to my cart at officemax.com

I guess I'll have to find some way to buy it at the store.
Hopefully they'll sell it for $300 like the site says it should be.

I just exchanged mine b/c of a buzzing/humming noise, and this one is just the same, possibly even louder. It sounds almost like there's a little motor running in there.

too bad, really, because there's no dead pixel or other issues. It's a good display, except for the ergonomic -- no height adjustment. and no USB. and why oh why did they feel it necessary to put speakers on there? they could've saved a few bucks and left out something virtually no one buying a 24" display would want.

The monitor does have height adjustment, just not very much. I agree with the speakers.

it does? can I make it lower? how?

The way I do it is grab the bottom and top of the bezel and tilt it up/down. It feels like it isn't going to budge but it does. Still, be careful. I also believe it is in the booklet that comes with the monitor.

Would it be easy to mount this on a wall?

Yes, it is mountable. Think VESA.

i picked one of these up today
so far so good, and did i mention its MASSIVE?
it makes my 1800fp seem so tiny

Monitor #3 is holding up nicely thus far (coming up on a month since I got it via RMA). I think I need to actually tweak the display settings, though, since it seems to be a bit darker than its predecessors out of the box...

I returned my original one for a full refund, bought it cheaper at officemax on sale.

Before I had no dead pixels, and one stuck pixel.

Now I have two dead pixels, and one stuck pixel in the middle of the screen.

: (

I hate my luck.
This is the perfect monitor for me (price included in that judgement) and I can't seem to get one that has no pixel problems.
Watch, my next one will be fine, and have the buzzing problem.

: (

The way I do it is grab the bottom and top of the bezel and tilt it up/down. It feels like it isn't going to budge but it does. Still, be careful. I also believe it is in the booklet that comes with the monitor..

I think you mean titlt adjustment right?

I was asking about height adjustment -- raising it up or down (down in my case).

I can't speak for certain, but it's probably already low enough. You'd probably want to raise it instead in my opinion.

I think you mean titlt adjustment right?

I was asking about height adjustment -- raising it up or down (down in my case).

Ahh yes, you are correct in the sense there is no height adjustment.

Back