South Park : The Stick of Truth

I hope that GMG doesn't sell one of the censored European versions. Since they're a UK company there are sometimes some issues on localization and whatnot, in terms of purchase availability (ie For a long time the discount code for 25% didn't work on the US Assassin's Creed IV Gold version, but did on the UK and/or EU "Black EditioN" ). Since the link to GMG doesn't specifically say "US" when you're on the Stick of Truth page, I'd like to confirm it is the right version. Still, GMG really does well with discounts and Steam compliance. I'm considering buying the Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition, and if I do I'll want to get it with the 25% off code (if I can find one that works...?) from GMG

GMG does not sell UK keys to US customers and vice versa.

they sell both to NA/Europe and if you are in the NA you will get an NA key.

They use your ip to determine your location and have different web pages for the different regions.

GMG does not sell UK keys to US customers and vice versa.

they sell both to NA/Europe and if you are in the NA you will get an NA key.

They use your ip to determine your location and have different web pages for the different regions.

Good to know, turn off your EU proxy before buying.

<tries to steer back OT before it gets locked>

So..... how many plan to play KB/Mouse and how many Gamepadders? :p

It doesn't seem like the game is too control-heavy. It looks like it'll play similarly to Paper Mario where there's a mix of platforming and turn-based RPG action.

I'm probably going to go with a controller.

I'm also still hesitant to get this game until reviews are out. I've seen enough "terrible PC port" issues in the past to make me hesitant about the final game's quality. Also with regards to censorship, I thought it was just the console version in Europe that was censored.

It doesn't seem like the game is too control-heavy. It looks like it'll play similarly to Paper Mario where there's a mix of platforming and turn-based RPG action.

I'm probably going to go with a controller.

I'm also still hesitant to get this game until reviews are out. I've seen enough "terrible PC port" issues in the past to make me hesitant about the final game's quality. Also with regards to censorship, I thought it was just the console version in Europe that was censored.

Ya I won't be buying until I've seen some reviews. The fact aside that preordering is a bad idea and encourages bad behaviour in publishers, this is a TV/movie game. The rule is any game made based on a TV show or movie sucks ass. There are very few exceptions to that rule. I'm hoping this is going to be one of them, and so far it is looking good, but I'm still operating under that assumption until I see reviews.

On GAF several reviewers who have played it are hinting at the game being totally awesome. Like seriously awesome.

That said, wait till NDA lifts but be super prepared for this being incredible.

Quick pro-tip to those folks in the US who have trouble buying games from GMG due to their bank flagging it.

1. Purchase game on GMG. Wait for the server to deny the transaction. Wait 10 minutes.
2. Call bank number listed on your card. As for a customer rep.
3. Tell them to allow the GMG transaction from the UK and tell them to permanently allow it (if you buy from them frequently)
4. Wait 30 minutes and try again. The first transaction will not go through since it was denied.

Last edited:
I just found this, apparently Pewdiepie got to play the game early/post footage (Easy advertising).

So far he's posted about 50 minutes from the game:

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yP35-V042c

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSy3cTqKJuc

Part 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnyl15PqsYM

After watching bits of these here and there (I didn't want to spoil it) I have to say, I can not wait for this. This looks to be THE South Park game we've been waiting for.

WOW! *Now Pre-Ordered*

That would require dealing with pewdiepie and that guy annoys the hell out of me :p. I'll just wait for other reviews :D.

That would require dealing with pewdiepie and that guy annoys the hell out of me :p. I'll just wait for other reviews :D.

Glad I'm not the only one. I've managed to last through maybe 5 minutes of a video before I go elsewhere. Most of the time that I watch him trying to understand his appeal I'm out before a minute. He's constantly yammering as if he's afraid of there being any silence and he's swearing constantly. I have nothing against swearing but his incessant swearing for really no reason gets annoying really fast. In the rare instances he's not swearing he's acting like a goof-ball at best and an idiot at worst. He also doesn't appear to be a phenomenal player so I don't think it's his playing prowess that attracts people. I just don't get it. For those that do like him, great he does put out a lot of content so that must be nice.

As for the game I'm definitely interested as South Park can be good at times and Obsidian is one of my favorite developers.

Never heard of the guy clicked on the first link and couldn't make it 12 seconds.

Steam started pre-loading yesterday. Seems like after years of waiting this is really about to happen.

Just purchased this on GameFly.com for $47.99 with code MAR20OFF.

I know it was less expensive on d2p but I just don't trust that website with my personal information lol.

·PitBuLL·;1040667059 said:
Just purchased this on GameFly.com for $47.99 with code MAR20OFF.

I know it was less expensive on d2p but I just don't trust that website with my personal information lol.

Thank you for posting the code! Saved me $12!

Glad I pre ordered this last year, almost forgot then saw it in my gmg library, 32.50 :D (this was back when THQ was publishing it and the base price was 44 bucks or something and GMG had a coupon).

Just hope they send out keys soon so we canplay it tomorrow night when it unlocks.

WAit, since this is ubisoft now is it uplay keys? Gah I hope not.

For a gaming that's coming out so soon, shouldn't we have more reviews available?

After 4+ years working on this game I wouldn't want anyone with an axe to grind to throw my game under the bus right before launch simply to drive up my web site's views.

It makes perfect sense to delay review releases like that. Besides you should wait for peer reviews here before really making your decision.

From any first impressions, does anyone know if the game is of a sufficient amount of length/content to warrant such a price? They're asking $60 even on PC, for a single player title. I'd be interested to know how long it might be and if there's enough to do.

If anyone knows of any GMG 25% or better coupons that will work on The Stick of Truth (and for that matter, Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition), please let us know. Seems the last one doesn't work any longer.

From any first impressions, does anyone know if the game is of a sufficient amount of length/content to warrant such a price? They're asking $60 even on PC, for a single player title. I'd be interested to know how long it might be and if there's enough to do.

If anyone knows of any GMG 25% or better coupons that will work on The Stick of Truth (and for that matter, Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition), please let us know. Seems the last one doesn't work any longer.

It's a total unknown but the creators ( Matt and Trey) were directly involved in development and put a lot of work into it. I think however I'm going to personally wait for reviews/peer impressions on this forum before I get it.

So far the word on the net is roughly 15 hours of gameplay including sidequests.

That is not really that much for a $60 RPG.

True.

I was hoping for at least 25+ hours but then again this isn't a traditional RPG. After watching some of the vids linked earlier I am still happy I have it pre-ordered. Frugal spenders and people who don't care about the show wouldn't get their money's worth thats for sure.

well i broke down and pre-ordered it.:D I hope the whole thing is just as funny as that 15 min gameplay video.

I do certainly want to contribute and reward them for their work (though I'd be even more willing to do so were there a Linux client), but I am not sure 10 or 15 hours is sufficient for such a price. I'm not looking for some 100 hour magnum opus, If it was "Non-grindy JRPG" level of 25 hours+ or so, I'd definitely be in.

Review embargoes are typically a pretty big red flag...but this game looks good so hopefully that doesn't mean anything.

They are pretty normal for a game that gives out press copies. It is to allow all the press to get their stuff done and release at the same time, so you don't have people scrambling to be first, at the expense of quality.

Games that don't have embargoes are usually things with no press copies. Nobody gets an advanced copy, the game just launches and the press gets to pick it up like everyone else. Then reviews come out when they come out. That is usually the bigger warning, at least for a game from a normal publisher, because it tends to mean the publisher didn't want any reviews to be out at or around launch time.

It is pretty normal in any field for there to be an embargo date if advance copies are sent out. Some of it is marketing and timing, but it is also just fairness. Everyone in the press wants to be there on day one and that can be assured by giving people time with something, and letting them know when it is permissible to publish so nobody jumps the gun.

It's also the same reason why there's certain release days in certain countries. Obviously Steam can release to the world at the same time. Also, there's no need for it to at all, once the code is uploaded and checked, it can be made available right away. However that screws over traditional retailers. They need time to distribute the physical copies, and to get it all stocked. Hence, you get "release days". Companies will make everyone hold off until it is distributed and ready on a given day. Then everyone gets to sell it at the same time so nobody gets screwed.

It is important, otherwise you risk companies getting butthurt with you and refusing to do business in the future.

So far, nothing seems out of the ordinary or like any kind of coverup WRT this release. It is pretty normal release cycle. I think people are just watching it more due to the fact it has been so long, and the inherent skepticism because games made on TV licenses tend to suck balls. It doesn't look like anything is being done out of the ordinary to try and pull one over on people.

And of course, if you are skeptical of TV license games, like me, waiting until after it has launched and there are plenty of reviews is a completely legit option. It isn't like they'll run out of copies or anything :)

I watched an early LP of it and it looks interesting, but I want to wait for the full review and feedback from the community before I jump into this game.

Well so far the only real diturent is the play length....15 hours is SHORT. Geez Paper Mario has way more gameplay than that! haha

I don't think 15 hours is too short. If anything longer than 15 hours of southpark would get a bit dull. you can only be so funny for so long.

Back