South Park : The Stick of Truth

Besides being a good game, I hope the humor is better than the last 3-4 seasons of the show. It's gone way downhill.

Looking forward to getting this too! I was disappointed when they delayed it last year.

I'm psyched. Unlike a lot of projects like this, it seems like Matt and Trey were very much involved with every step of the process.

Besides being a good game, I hope the humor is better than the last 3-4 seasons of the show. It's gone way downhill.

Couldn't disagree more. South park is one of the only shows that has stayed on top of its game throughout the entire series. Maybe your just getting old and don't apreciate the juvenile humor anymore ;).

Now, the Simpsons on the other hand...

South Park transitioned from shock humor in the early years to being more relevant and topical. The fact that they can produce an episode in less than 2 days allows them to comment on something in the news up to the minute.
They still have throw away episodes that are just for laughs, but at least 1/2 of the episodes being made these days are much better (or at least mature) than the old episodes.

The less said about the Simpsons the better. They went from brilliant, to average, to trying to be topical about subjects that were relevant last year...when they actually started making the episode. They still have occasional funny moments and even whole segments, but the show has been in a downward spiral for a while. Dana Gould kickstarted the bad years and they're still going more than a decade later.

I am extremely excited for this game. It's going to be a trip playing in the world of South Park, it doesn't even really look like a game, it looks like the show.

I still think South Park is one of the funnier shows on TV, the potty humor STILL gives me the chuckles and lulz on a routine basis.

Couldn't disagree more. South park is one of the only shows that has stayed on top of its game throughout the entire series. Maybe your just getting old and don't apreciate the juvenile humor anymore ;).

Now, the Simpsons on the other hand...
Nah, I don't think that's it. Glad you guys still love the show. It definitely still has its moments. The first Game of Thrones episode from this season was great, but by the third it was really played out. I don't think there's been a truly great episode since the Medicinal KFC/Butters Bottom Bitch episodes. I am indeed a fan of the older material though. My favorite seasons are 3-7 and my favorite episode is probably either Christian Rock Hard or Awesome-o.

Yeah, the less said about the Simpsons the better. It stopped being funny around Season 9. I kept watching through 12, but I could tell it wasn't getting any better and gave up. I did like the movie though.

Anyone know how many hours of gameplay this has? Do you think asking $60 is a bit steep?

Anyone know how many hours of gameplay this has? Do you think asking $60 is a bit steep?
Yeah, $60 is kinda surprising to me. I'll wait for some discount codes, but definitely plan on buying unless the reviews are bad.

I don't think so. It appears to me that the production value of this game is top notch. Everything is authentic - it looks like Matt and Trey were there every single step of the way. I personally cannot wait for this game. If the reviews are positive upon its release I will gladly pay the $60.

Nah, I don't think that's it. Glad you guys still love the show. It definitely still has its moments. The first Game of Thrones episode from this season was great, but by the third it was really played out. I don't think there's been a truly great episode since the Medicinal KFC/Butters Bottom Bitch episodes. I am indeed a fan of the older material though. My favorite seasons are 3-7 and my favorite episode is probably either Christian Rock Hard or Awesome-o.

Yeah, the less said about the Simpsons the better. It stopped being funny around Season 9. I kept watching through 12, but I could tell it wasn't getting any better and gave up. I did like the movie though.
boooo drako, boooo

I have zero dout that this game will be funny and entertaining from a writing/script standpoint because from what I've read, Matt and Trey were really involved and I always love their work.

I don't know who did the remaining game aspects but even if it's mediocre, I will be on board. I think I'll have to wait a few months, $60 is a bit much and the only game I'll be buying upon release is The Witcher 3 and Dragon Aage.

the gameplay for this is done by Obsidian Entertainment.

Their notable work:
Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic 2
Neverwinter Knights 2 and all expansions
Fallout: New Vegas

They tend to make pretty solid games, with only occasional hiccups. I'm thinking this is going to be a good game in it's own right. Maybe not great, but good. and with amazing attention to detail for fans of the show.

Considering the amount of development time , $60 is perfectly fair. Been looking forward to this game myself for quite a long time.

While I hope this game is good, i have a fear it will be absolutely terrible gameplay with a hilarious story.

I'll be waiting to see any review because I'm a huge south park fan. I'm hoping the game is worth it!

Considering the amount of development time , $60 is perfectly fair. Been looking forward to this game myself for quite a long time.

the development time wasn't that long, it just seemed long cause THQ got bought by ubisoft and they had an argument about some details on the game / legal stuff.

from what I understand steam is required for this game. So I'm probably not gonna buy it.

Granted this was a while ago, but originally they claimed the game would be pretty massive and it would encompass the whole South Park "universe" (aka. Jefferson, Denver, and Park Counties in CO).

I just want the 6 inch Cartman wizard figure from the collectors set. :)

It would look great on my desk at work.

I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm glad it is actually finally coming out.

No, it's definitely gone downhill. It didn't used to be entirely about "how disgusting can we make this"...it also tended to have relevance to current events with wacky things thrown in.

Admittedly, some of the latest episodes have kind of gone back to that, but overall the later seasons have really not been the same as when the show started.

Essentially, the show has gone too far up its own ass. Family Guy suffers from the same decline.

No, it's definitely gone downhill. It didn't used to be entirely about "how disgusting can we make this"...it also tended to have relevance to current events with wacky things thrown in.

Admittedly, some of the latest episodes have kind of gone back to that, but overall the later seasons have really not been the same as when the show started.

Essentially, the show has gone too far up its own ass. Family Guy suffers from the same decline.

South Park has had a solid showing since it's inception and that says something.

60 bucks......
You can get it for 20% off at GMG using a code (3MCRLE-CG7AF1-G7T08U). I used a 25% off one this past weekend to place my order.

Though, I'm thinking the normal price will be $40 soon enough. But, I want some South Park gaming goodness and the trailers so far amuse the hell out of me. :D

Bah, screw it. Preordered the game. Been following it all along and I need something to mess with when my FFXIV partners arent around.

Here's hoping!

Gone gold, embargo lifting soon i think. Some journalist have tweeted vaguely that its a pretty awesome game.

Im srsly, i need this game

So is it like and RPG or what? I did not see anything relating to gameplay style.

It's kind of funny that despite all of the great RPG franchises that Obsidian has had the opportunity to work on, South Park ends up being the first one they are given the time to actually properly finish (hopefully).

Back