South Park and WoW!!!

Cartman as a raid leader reminded me of a raid leader I had. The episode was great.

"Where is this sword now?"

"Selznick has it. He's in Accounting."

That cracked me up.

I think there's some sublimonal messages from this episode. A few of my non-wow playing friends (I used to play it) came to me and asked if I still had the free trial for a friend thing. I just laughed at them :p

sorry to bring this back up, but i will. This was a funny episode, clearly they took the MMORPG sterotype and ran with it.

AthlonXP said:
sorry to bring this back up, but i will. This was a funny episode, clearly they took the MMORPG sterotype and ran with it.

Most people I know that play this game play it for hours, almost days straight.

WOW! Litraly, just whatched it, amazing..........almost makes me want to start playing.......or not even touch it! lol

After watching part of it again, I'm curious how they did all the ingame parts of the show. :confused:

After watching part of it again, I'm curious how they did all the ingame parts of the show.

Well, they make the whole show on 3D workstations, using the latest software... it only looks like its paper cut-outs.

Its possible that they recreated everything on their workstations, but its much more likely that they dumped all the textures and models out of the game, and imported it into whatever software they use. Since Blizzard supposedly cooperated on this episode, perhaps Blizzard sent them a DVD with all of the data to use as a starting point?

I don't think Blizzard encrypts thier game data... I seem to remember pulling WAV files out WC3.

Tantrix said:
I watched a South Park episode one time. I want that 30 minutes of my life back. Something about short badly drawn cartoon figures talking like something is in their ass just isn't funny at age 26. Probably would have been awesome back when I was 15 though. :cool:

LOL.. speaking of "something is in their ass"...

First episode I ever saw (about 5 years ago)... was the episode where Cartman was abducted by aliens and had an anal probe installed (huge radar dish came outta his butt... as well as flames everytime he farted). It was 1am, as we crawled into bed... wife turned on the TV and started cackling like a hen. I was beat and just wanted a few hours of sleep before I had to get up for work. She INSISTED I wake up to watch this cartoon. I said... "Honey, I'm tired... I probably wouldn't wake up to have sex... are you offering sex?" She said... this cartoon is rude, crude, and f*cking hillarious! I had to wake up and watch... been hooked on it ever since. I was 36 at the time, and my wife was 40. Age has nothing to do with it... as a matter of fact, there's a reason it's on at the time that it's on. Unlike the cartoons on FOX, it wasn't made for PRIME TIME and a pre-pubescent audience. Although I do have to admit, I'm a big Stewart fan. :p
Missed this episode... guess I'll have to watch the re-run this weekend.

P.S. I do have to admit... Terrance and Phillip are idiotic, but Mr. Hankey, Towlie, Satan & Sadaam, Mr/s. Garrison, gay animals and Timmay!... how can you NOT like SP?????? ;)

Just watched the episode on Google...

LMAO!

"When Hitler rose to power there were a lot of people who just stopped playing... You know who those people were? The French. Are you French Clyde?"

LMFAO!

great episode!

that was awesome, the bad guys characters, dance was great, also anyone notice his mouse?

"these kids obviously have ....

no life"

"we can't trust the sword of a thousand truths with a noob!"

"cursor over him, left click .... NOW RIGHT CLICK! AAAAAAHHH!!"

i dont watch SP, always found is annoying but since i played wow in the past I could appreciate the humor, funny funny stuff, and I'm sure the depiction of the newb ganker fat slob no-lifer was pretty accurate :p

I never LMAOed so hard when the scene where Cartman called his mom becuase he had diarreah and he took a dump right there

and not nearly the amount of +sta

but that is hilarious they decided to put it in, I heared something about plans of putting in a buriza (YES D2 MOMENTS) for hunters

I thought this was one of the most awesome South Park episodes, along with the Chipokomon one.
I never really played WoW, because it's really not my type of game, but among my friends and colleagues, I have quite a few that do play it and although they are not fat like what they show in this episode, everything else is true. They spend way too much time playing the game and their conversations in RL are...about the game.

Anyway, this is a very quotable episode, but one of the lines I remember the most is Cartman's:

"What do you say guys ? You can just...you can just hang out side in the sun all day, tossing a ball around...or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters!"

Priceless!

"I thought this was one of the most awesome South Park episodes, along with the Chipokomon one."

Same here.... :D

yeah, that was one of the best episodes ever.

mind you, nothing like wow. all the hand gestures (well 90% of em): impossible. but it was awsome. they shoulda been horde tho.

Horde FTW

dragon said:
"I thought this was one of the most awesome South Park episodes, along with the Chipokomon one."

Same here.... :D

LOL! QFT!

"Collect em all! Peekachu! Squertental! Shoe!"

Back