South Korean Live-Fire Exercise Video

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Planes, tanks, missiles, bombs, explosions, oh my! Check out this 10-minute vid of the South Korean military testing some toys out. Pretty cool soundtrack, too.

we've been giving away/gifting/selling hardware to all sorts of countries for decades.

I know - Israel entire military is hand me downs. I'm also an idiot - those were probably US owned aircraft as it is integrated...

Okay... I guess.

But I'd say the fact that they went to such lengths to produce a flashy video speaks to a whole lot of tiny dick syndrome going on in those parts.

I know - Israel entire military is hand me downs. I'm also an idiot - those were probably US owned aircraft as it is integrated...

Not really. They do use a lot of US equipment, but the Israelis also use a lot of their own stuff. The Tavor, Desert Eagle, Uzi, Galil, Merkava tank, and metal storm anti missile system are all Israeli inventions.

Not really. They do use a lot of US equipment, but the Israelis also use a lot of their own stuff. The Tavor, Desert Eagle, Uzi, Galil, Merkava tank, and metal storm anti missile system are all Israeli inventions.

The Desert Eagle is not an Israeli invention. They were only a manufacturing contractor for two separate periods of time.

Okay... I guess.

But I'd say the fact that they went to such lengths to produce a flashy video speaks to a whole lot of tiny dick syndrome going on in those parts.

I'd say it's more of a show of force than tiny dick syndrome. There is a lot of tension on the DMZ lately and releasing this is a "look what I can do." It will probably be blocked from the 5% of DPRK citizens with internet access...

Who cares who manufactures the weapons? Noone should.

And they showing it off like some dick measuring contest.

Yeah, after all DPRK has been making those hilariously bad threat videos for a while, S. Korea probably figured it was time for a response.

I love the A-10. I remember hearing it fire for the first time at NTC. I asked my plt sgt WTF was that?? I've been in love ever since.:eek:

That bbbrrrrrrrr envokes the same reaction every time. Sounds medieval and badass. Were you visiting or opfor?

Been to Korea and the DMZ (not in military, but wife is Korean). Very freaky place.

What's the name of that simulation?
Nice, smooth graphics. No tearing. Fluid framerate. This setup running SLI??

:D

Zarathustra[H];1041824735 said:
I wonder what it takes to keep a fleet of late 50s supersonic jet fighters operational :p
$4K per flying hour. An F-22 is about $70K per flying hour.

$4K per flying hour. An F-22 is about $70K per flying hour.

Interesting.

I would have thought keeping an old airframe alive would - at some point - wind up being more expensive than a newer model, die to older parts requiring more maintenance and parts being in shorter supply.

where were they in Iraq from 2003-2009
was there 3 times

I guess I'm not sure what this means. Why would S Korea join a middle eastern war that has nothing to do with them when they have their own mess to monitor?

These aren't even their most effective weapons. If the starving North Koreans were to invade again, the south could station all their cooks on the front line and the war would be over after dinner. :p

Okay... I guess.

Everyone does things like this, we used to call them a CALFEX (combined arms live fire exercise) this ones a bit flashier than the ones I have been to, as it is supplying a message to the north as well as being a training event.

Usually when we did one, it was the "main event" of a training exercise to practice working together between all the elements on the battlefield. Its actually a rare thing to have the air, artillery Armor and infantry all having live fire all at the same time. You have to practice this sort of thing to get used to the idea of coordinating different branches of the services together. For instance, air strikes must be carefully coordinated with Artillery fire missions as you don't want your jets getting hit by rounds coming in on target at the same time an aircraft is passing through that area. lots of things like that.

That, and it's cool as hell to watch :D

Back