Source for Koolance LIQ-702CL-B Clear coolant

kamikazi

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been collecting additional parts to add a second radiator and GPU block into my loop. I noticed when I started a couple of months ago that Koolance LIQ-720CL-B didn't seem to be in stock anywhere, but I figured it would be back by now. I was wrong. My guess is there is a shipment sitting in a container on a ship floating somewhere off the coast of California. I think it's made in Korea. I've been running that coolant for over a year now with no issues and don't want to switch to something else unless completely necessary. I have a little left in my original bottle and I have another unopened bottle (700ml). However, I have no idea if that will be enough. It took less than the full bottle to fill my current setup with an EK/Lian-Li Distroplate, 55mm thick 360 rad and EK CPU block. I'm adding an EK 3080 block and a 55mm thick 240 rad plus additional tubing to support it. I'd guess that I have a total of 850 ml between the two bottles and I think that's iffy. Frozencpu shows that this coolant is orderable with a date of 1-18 days, but it's said that for a while. It's just out of stock everywhere else that I know of. Any place I should look?

youre probably very close to having enough. if not, id just top up the little needed with distilled water.
oh and koolance' site says oos til oct 19, so i wouldnt expect it to show up anywhere until then.

youre probably very close to having enough. if not, id just top up the little needed with distilled water.
oh and koolance' site says oos til oct 19, so i wouldnt expect it to show up anywhere until then.
I was also toying with the idea of saving a little of the coolant I drain to top it off if need be. I think koolance's site was showing OOS until early September last time I checked. I think it's a moving target. There is some availability of the colored varieties out there. You can find yellow pretty much everywhere, probably because no one wants their loop looking like a urinal. I guess I could buy some blue if I had to.

I went ahead and backordered 2 bottles from Koolance directly. I probably won't get to the project before that date anyway and if that date is just a placeholder as I expect, I'll be covered for whenever it does show up. Shipping cost was the same for 1 bottle as 2. I didn't check to see if you could get 3 for the same price or not. It said 60 available for backorder, but I think that is just a placeholder as that number didn't change after I placed my backorder.

Now updated to expected November 24, 2021. Probably bobbing up and down off the California coast or sitting in a container with the thousands of others no one can get to.

Now updated to expected November 24, 2021. Probably bobbing up and down off the California coast or sitting in a container with the thousands of others no one can get to.
December 6, 2021 now.

Yeah I'd probably just go with 705 in your shoes. Going by the MSDS, they're both propylene glycol and water based coolants. The 705 has a couple extra corrosion inhibitors and antimicrobial additives. I doubt there'd be any issues mixing them. Just maybe they can't guarantee the low conductivity that 705 is supposed to have.

Or buy the 5L jug https://koolance.com/liq-702-liquid-coolant-high-performance-5000ml-clear

Yeah I'd probably just go with 705 in your shoes. Going by the MSDS, they're both propylene glycol and water based coolants. The 705 has a couple extra corrosion inhibitors and antimicrobial additives. I doubt there'd be any issues mixing them. Just maybe they can't guarantee the low conductivity that 705 is supposed to have.

Or buy the 5L jug https://koolance.com/liq-702-liquid-coolant-high-performance-5000ml-clear
I hadn't actually checked the bulk. That would be a lifetime supply. Shipping would be $21.54 though.

ETA: I YOLO'd. Lifetime supply.

Last edited:
What's funny is that 3 days after I ordered the 5 liter jug, Koolance said my backorder is ready for the 2 bottles. Oh well. Still shows backorder status on the website.

Back