soundcard features through USB headphones?

I'm the Dude man

[H]ard|Gawd
Is this even possible? I've got an X-fi now and it appears only basic sound comes out of the USB headphones. It is looking for headphons which are plugged into the soundcard, of course. Is there special configuration I can use to get, for example, the surround sound feature for headphones, to work with USB headphone/mic? Or do I now need headphones that plug directly into the card, along with a mic as well?

The only way to make the USB phones work with the X-fi is to remove the USB part and connect them as "standard headphones".

What does that mean exactly? Replace them with headphones that have a normal mini plug on them? Use a converter?

this is a little OT, but I've seen several posts about the X-Fi over the past few weeks from users, however I've yet to be able to find one for sale on PW or newegg. How/where are you getting this item? Is it listed under a different name than X-fi?

mikelz85 said:
this is a little OT, but I've seen several posts about the X-Fi over the past few weeks from users, however I've yet to be able to find one for sale on PW or newegg. How/where are you getting this item? Is it listed under a different name than X-fi?

so far only Bestbuy has them

I'm the Dude said:
What does that mean exactly?
That means unless you remove the USB part they won't work with your X-fi. ;)
(when I say remove the USB part I mean just that.... take the phones apart remove the USB dac and rewire them as conventional headphones)

I'm the Dude said:
Replace them with headphones that have a normal mini plug on them?
Yea that will work.

I'm the Dude said:
Use a converter?
What convertor?

Back