Soundbar alternative: Fluance Ai60

Mad Maxx

Supreme [H]ardness
I hate soundbars and ain't interested in anything like a home theater. Found this Fluance Ai60 powered speaker system and gave it a shot. I'm very pleased with the sound and simplicity.

Fluance Ai60 $299

IMG_20190416_180523.jpg
IMG_20190416_180551.jpg
IMG_20190416_180639.jpg

how do these compare to the KEFs in your sig? or any other speakers you might have experience with?

i'm a huge fan of the Vanatoos (both t0 and t1) but for 300$ if these can compete they are worth looking into...

They've always made nice looking speakers, hard to find reviews of them though. I've talked to 2 guys, one said fluance was a knockoff company, the other guy was in love. Weeelp, that's helpful lol.

Be interesting to hear how they compare.

how do these compare to the KEFs in your sig? or any other speakers you might have experience with?

i'm a huge fan of the Vanatoos (both t0 and t1) but for 300$ if these can compete they are worth looking into...
Well, the KEFs are on an entirely different level in terms of sound and price. I considered the Vanatoo T0 for my laptop, but found iLoud Micro Monitors on sale for $120 less.

Before the Fluance, I had a Yamaha integrated amp + Elac Un iFi UB5 speakers for my TV. I want to get rid of that fugly stand and mount the TV on the wall. I sold the amp and speakers, so the Fluance were perfect for my TV solution. I really like their sound. Very clean and with surprisingly tight bass, though a subwoofer would be required if you want deep, powerful bass.

If I could get some more reviews on these suckers I might consider biting the bullet. They look awesome and I really like the simplicity. Anyone else rocking these?

They've always made nice looking speakers, hard to find reviews of them though.
Audioholics & Soundstage both reviewed the XL7F a while ago. IIRC, Audioholics got okay measurements, recognizing that a pair of 4-driver towers sells for $500. OTOH, Soundstage's NRC results were exceptionally awful. Quality-control issue? Regardless, I hope they can do better with an active speaker in 2019.

Back