Soundbar alternative: Fluance Ai60

Commander Shepard

Supreme [H]ardness
I hate soundbars and ain't interested in anything like a home theater. Found this Fluance Ai60 powered speaker system and gave it a shot. I'm very pleased with the sound and simplicity.

Fluance Ai60 $299

IMG_20190416_180523.jpg
IMG_20190416_180551.jpg
IMG_20190416_180639.jpg

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Limp Gawd
how do these compare to the KEFs in your sig? or any other speakers you might have experience with?

i'm a huge fan of the Vanatoos (both t0 and t1) but for 300$ if these can compete they are worth looking into...

Verge

Supreme [H]ardness
They've always made nice looking speakers, hard to find reviews of them though. I've talked to 2 guys, one said fluance was a knockoff company, the other guy was in love. Weeelp, that's helpful lol.

Be interesting to hear how they compare.

Commander Shepard

Supreme [H]ardness
how do these compare to the KEFs in your sig? or any other speakers you might have experience with?

i'm a huge fan of the Vanatoos (both t0 and t1) but for 300$ if these can compete they are worth looking into...
Well, the KEFs are on an entirely different level in terms of sound and price. I considered the Vanatoo T0 for my laptop, but found iLoud Micro Monitors on sale for $120 less.

Before the Fluance, I had a Yamaha integrated amp + Elac Un iFi UB5 speakers for my TV. I want to get rid of that fugly stand and mount the TV on the wall. I sold the amp and speakers, so the Fluance were perfect for my TV solution. I really like their sound. Very clean and with surprisingly tight bass, though a subwoofer would be required if you want deep, powerful bass.

If I could get some more reviews on these suckers I might consider biting the bullet. They look awesome and I really like the simplicity. Anyone else rocking these?

HammerSandwich

[H]ard|Gawd
They've always made nice looking speakers, hard to find reviews of them though.
Audioholics & Soundstage both reviewed the XL7F a while ago. IIRC, Audioholics got okay measurements, recognizing that a pair of 4-driver towers sells for $500. OTOH, Soundstage's NRC results were exceptionally awful. Quality-control issue? Regardless, I hope they can do better with an active speaker in 2019.