Sound vanishing on system sleep?

Ididar

Gawd
This is on a fairly new system build, Gigabyte H77 motherboard, 660 Ti video card, running Windows 8. The sound/video is leaving the video card via HDMI to an 8000 series Samsung but passes through a Yamaha soundbar along the way (simply because I ran out of HDMI on the TV ... too much stuff). Occasionally when the computer goes into sleep mode and comes back on the sound has vanished. I cycle the TV/soundbar but that doesn't appear to be the issue as I can switch those inputs to something else and it plays sound fine. The only solution that has worked thus far is rebooting the computer. Every time the computer is shut down fully and starts back up the sound seems ok. The only time I notice the issue is when it goes into sleep mode and then comes back up via USB input. The volume indications on the computer register sound playing (the green indication goes up and down like gangbusters) but they don't seem to be leaving the HDMI port on the video card to the computer after a sleep cycle.

Thoughts?

Do you have:

Current motherboard BIOS?
Current video driver?

Those are the easiest and most likely fixes. Let us know if you have those.

It was a brand new build so the only video card drivers on the thing were installed less than a week ago. I didn't update the motherboard BIOS, though, no.

Back