Sound randomly drops/recovers volume

9mmx19

[H]ard|Gawd
So sometimes the volume will get really quiet for like 5-10 seconds then recover to where it was before. This will happen during games and movies which makes me think its hardware related. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but it didnt help. This just started this past week. Any ideas?

EDIT: Oh this is onboard Realtek audio on my ABIT IP35.

I've got the same problem with my Prelude and the latest RC8 drivers... are you using a Prelude too?

Using standard Realtek onboard sound. Is it a problem with the mobo?

I had the same problem a few years back. Turned out to be my speaker amp. Over a few minutes the sound would get lower then jump back to normal. Really annoying. Might be worth checking to see if its your speakers that are the problem.

Naa, I get the very occasional sound dropout when using digital but its fine otherwise.
I imagine it will remain the same unless it can be improved via a driver update or a different sample rate might help.

Yeah okay I THINK it is my speakers - when I use a headphone in the jack it doesnt seem to cut out. Not completely sure cuz I cant recreate the problem whenever I want.

Back