Sound issues using hardware audio in games

Not sure which forums I should have posted this in but...

I recently got a new sound card, an audigy gamer, so now I can play games with hardware sound enabled. I have tried it on 2 games, UT2004 and Call of Duty. When ever I try to play these games with hardware audio or hardware audio W/ EAX enabled I get great sound but some of the sounds are missing or very quiet. I have checked to make sure all of my drivers are up to date, which they are so I have no idea what else it could be.

P4 1.8
Geforce FX5200
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer
512MB
XP home

EDIT: Wow, sorry I completly missed the audio forum when looking at the forums.
happysad.gif

trail_boss2, welcome to the [H]. :)

Please have a look around the main forum page and you'll see we have numerous forums for various subjects.

General [H]ardware is for hardware topics which don't fit into another more specific forum. Computer Audio is where the sound card threads go. :cool:

EDIT: LOL! And I completely missed your edit while I was replying after moving this thread. :D

When ever I try to play these games with hardware audio or hardware audio W/ EAX enabled I get great sound but some of the sounds are missing or very quiet. I have checked to make sure all of my drivers are up to date, which they are so I have no idea what else it could be.

That is how pretty much how EAX works.
Lets take footsteps as an example. You don't hear them when EAX is enabled unless you look at the ground or walk next to an object.
To learn more about this I suggest you visit http://eax.creative.com/
:)

haha its alright, I just had one of many dumbass moments.
Seems like you are not the only one. :p

I know that some sounds are supposed to be like that, but I dont even hear my gun shooting in front of me. My dad has an audigy2 with klipsch pro-media 5.1's but I only have the audigy1 with klipsch pro-media 4.1's, and I made sure to have my seetings seton 4/4.1 speakers, but would it really make that much of a difference that I cant hear my gun or other sounds that im pretty sure I should be hearing?

That's weird, sounds like the problems I was having with WDM drivers on 98SE. Have you tried all the different driver updates available on Creative's web site?

Okay, I got it to work. I uninstalled the latest drivers that I got from the creative website and reinstalled the original ones off the cd, they didnt even give me any sound whatsoever at any point so I installed the latest ones again and now it works very well. The sounds in games now are friggin awesome. Its kind of weird that it works now because I just did a complete format last week. Oh well.

That is one heck of a lot of work to go through just to enable to enable CMMS. ;)

CMSS is Creative's patended 3D upmixing technology. Depending on which one you use (CMSS 1 or CMSS 2), you find different blends in the way it upmixes stereo sound. Personally, I'd rather not use any of them, and use the Stereo Surround option they include in the ZS series.

Back