Sound card with optical IN and analog OUT

MrPatate

Gawd
Hi,

I haven't been here for a couple of months and lost track of the new hardware available because of crazy hour at work! :(...

I'm searching for a sound card that can have a digital(Optical: DD, DTS, 5.1, etc) input from my PS3 and decode it to analog(5.1) so that I can use my Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 with my PS3 and HDTV.

The sound card will be in a computer next to my television(and will become a HTPC someday). I want to have the sound decoded without having to "use" the computer. By that I mean, not having to change settings, inputs or manually use software...

The last time I had the time to search for this(here and on the web), Auzentech was about to release a new card based on the XFI that MAYBE could do this(no official announcement, only speculations). I can see from a recen post here that the Xonar DX2 might be able to do this?

I'm sorry to post this without searching first, but for the life of me I cannot find the search function anymore here!?!?! :eek: Where is it!??!
EDIT: Ok I've seen the thread about the search function being disable for a while... Feel less stupid!

thanks

I'm searching for a sound card that can have a digital(Optical: DD, DTS, 5.1, etc) input from my PS3 and decode it to analog(5.1) so that I can use my Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 with my PS3 and HDTV.

The sound card will be in a computer next to my television(and will become a HTPC someday). I want to have the sound decoded without having to "use" the computer. By that I mean, not having to change settings, inputs or manually use software...

So you are looking for an "audio device" that has digital inputs, , 5.1 analog ouput, can decode DD/DTS and also does not require the use of any computer?

Hmm... Why don't you just buy an A/V receiver from a local Best Buy near you?

So you are looking for an "audio device" that has digital inputs, , 5.1 analog ouput, can decode DD/DTS and also does not require the use of any computer?

Hmm... Why don't you just buy an A/V receiver from a local Best Buy near you?

I did that, but none of them have pre-amp outputs. And Pre-Amps with signal decoding are only "high" end, so for that price I would simply buy a small home theater(500-700$).
I've also looked up the Creative DDTS-100, but it's all discontinued(and the price on ebay is 3 times the original one...), I've also found similar item made by Klipsch(discontinued) and also a device made by "Jazz" http://jazzspeakers.english.eyp.com.tw/eyp/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=DE007 There's 3 model(The new one DE007 and two older one DE005 and DE006). But I cannot find anywhere to buy it. :eek:

Since in a near futur the computer will become an HTPC, a good sound card is always a good thing to have(currently I still have an old Soundblaster Live! in it).

119 hits and no one knows a parts that could do the job.... :(

If I lower my "demands" and just want a soundcard that can decode a DD, DTS, etc signal via an optical input(even if I have to go in the computer everytimes). I really need a part that could do this... :confused:

I used to have my ps3 connected to my prelude digital in before I got my z-5500. And it worked perfectly fine. Although you do have to keep you pc on and won't get benefits of DD or DTS decoding.. But atleast the prelude now offers DDL, which is better than nothing.. -.-;

I used to have my ps3 connected to my prelude digital in before I got my z-5500. And it worked perfectly fine. Although you do have to keep you pc on and won't get benefits of DD or DTS decoding.. But atleast the prelude now offers DDL, which is better than nothing.. -.-;

THANK YOU for your reply. I assume you're talking about the auzentech Prelude? You were getting 5.1 without problems? Aren't games for the PS3 in DD, DTS or somekind of dolby digital?

What is DDL? Dolby Digital Live? And where is it used mostly?

Creative Extigy (an external sound card that can also function as a standalone unit without being hooked up to a computer) might fit your needs, but it only does Dolby Digital, not DTS.

http://www.digit-life.com/articles/extigy/index.html

I don't understand most of the lingo there but maybe you do. Should run for less than $100 on eBay, but it's also discontinued like the DDTS-100 so don't bother looking for a new one anywhere.

Thank you, that could also be good!

But I'm surprised that no card with optical IN and DTS(and other DD) decoding is available :confused:

well me going to sound stupid. So here it goes.

within the last couple of months I was in the exact Dilemma as you I just couldn't find a sound card that had those options. I also have the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 and love them, but I needed to be able to decode DTS.
To make a long story short to hook up my PS3 and my Sammy LNT-4071 I purchased the Z-5500 speaker system and then I cheated I used the Klipsch speakers and used the Z-5500 sub and controler. Sounds not bad and does what I want. I still want a sound card though.

within the last couple of months I was in the exact Dilemma as you I just couldn't find a sound card that had those options. I also have the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 and love them, but I needed to be able to decode DTS.
To make a long story short to hook up my PS3 and my Sammy LNT-4071 I purchased the Z-5500 speaker system and then I cheated I used the Klipsch speakers and used the Z-5500 sub and controler. Sounds not bad and does what I want. I still want a sound card though.
Well that's freaky... Same console, same speaker and same TV :eek:...Do you hide in the closet and come out only when i'm away from home LOL

Thanks for the suggestion, but instead of buying another computer speaker set, I'll simply buy a home theater system...

There is one that fits your needs... The AuzenTech Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php
I looked for this one, but the DTS, DD, etc decoding drivers is still due for 2008 Q1(soon to be available) but they mention only Vista. I'm still running XP so the card will not be able to decode those signal(correct me if I'm wrong... I sure hope so!)... :(

There's also this one http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/Sondigo_Inferno.php it looks a bit older(it uses the Oxygen processor) but decodes DTS... But no mention if it works under XP/Vista...

DTS Interactive and DTS NEO:pC are versions of DTS especially for PCs, Dolby Digital Live converts a 2 channel analog signal into 5.1 surround. All of the features you want are available now, there's nothing here that will stop you from using your PS3.

The Inferno card has been discontinued for quite some time.

DTS Interactive and DTS NEO:pC are versions of DTS especially for PCs, Dolby Digital Live converts a 2 channel analog signal into 5.1 surround. All of the features you want are available now, there's nothing here that will stop you from using your PS3.

The Inferno card has been discontinued for quite some time.

Thank you for the specification for the DD types. You say the features I want are available now, but like I mentionned in my earlier post, the Prelude is DTS capable but they mention only Vista, nothing about XP. They use drivers made my Creative and to my knowledge the DTS decoding features is disable in XP with X-Fi cards(again correct me if I'm wrong).

I though so for the Inferno, since it looked older....

Thank you for the specification for the DD types. You say the features I want are available now, but like I mentionned in my earlier post, the Prelude is DTS capable but they mention only Vista, nothing about XP. They use drivers made my Creative and to my knowledge the DTS decoding features is disable in XP with X-Fi cards(again correct me if I'm wrong).

I though so for the Inferno, since it looked older....

I don't see why this wouldn't work in XP - there's nothing on the Auzentech website saying it won't (after a quick glance, including reading the manual). I *think* the card handles it automatically, there doesn't appear to be any settings to make the digital/analog decoding happen.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/download/manuals.php

Nobody does Vista-only features unless it's something that is only supported by Vista. All of the money is still made in XP, the majority of support is still based on that platform. If you're interested in the product then perhaps you can call them or send n e-mail, somebody there would be able to answer all of your questions.

I don't see why this wouldn't work in XP - there's nothing on the Auzentech website saying it won't (after a quick glance, including reading the manual). I *think* the card handles it automatically, there doesn't appear to be any settings to make the digital/analog decoding happen.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/download/manuals.php

Nobody does Vista-only features unless it's something that is only supported by Vista. All of the money is still made in XP, the majority of support is still based on that platform. If you're interested in the product then perhaps you can call them or send n e-mail, somebody there would be able to answer all of your questions.

Thanks for the manual(is it me, or I keep saying thanks lol)... I sent them 2 emails, still waiting for an answer(sent a week ago...)

The reason I doubt the compatibility of this feature in XP is because when I was searching for a product that could do this a couple of months ago, the X-FI was out the the feature was disable by Creative Labs(god knows why) and the X-Meridian(and now Prelude) are based on the same processor and share drivers.... So that's why I have doubts about this feature working on XP (if the card would handle it automatically, why on Vista they needed new drivers to handle it!?).

I'll read the manual, do more searching and send a third email(the first two didn't have precise questions, now I've narrrow it down a lot thanks to you).

Edit: In the manual they mention "DD, DTS Pass-Thru", but in page #22 They mention that the "Entertainment Mode" you can control the DD, DTS decoding seting.... That sounds like a winner! And also email sent. I'll post the answer when I'll get it!

The X-Meridian is based on the Oxygen HD chipset I believe, and not the X-Fi chipset. Also, as far as I can tell, no Oxygen HD card is capable of decoding DTS/DDL (from an external source anyway, PC DVD software is supported), only encoding. This might be the case with the Prelude as well on its future implementations, but I can't say for sure.

As for the X-Fi not doing decoding in XP, it doesn't have anything to do with the OS. The card actually checks for the presence of the front panel bay and only enables decoding if it's there. This is largely useless anyway for you, as it requires processing time and it'll be out of sync - only useful for recording, not playing.

Thanks for the manual(is it me, or I keep saying thanks lol)... I sent them 2 emails, still waiting for an answer(sent a week ago...)

The reason I doubt the compatibility of this feature in XP is because when I was searching for a product that could do this a couple of months ago, the X-FI was out the the feature was disable by Creative Labs(god knows why) and the X-Meridian(and now Prelude) are based on the same processor and share drivers.... So that's why I have doubts about this feature working on XP (if the card would handle it automatically, why on Vista they needed new drivers to handle it!?).

I'll read the manual, do more searching and send a third email(the first two didn't have precise questions, now I've narrrow it down a lot thanks to you).

It wouldn't surprise me if Creative makes hardware that just doesn't support it. Creative has no interest in the high-end, they make all of their money selling cheap $50 cards, where an extra D/A converter is far too expensive. So technically the X-FI supports it, but Creative hasn't implemented it. Someone like Auzentech is free to, and since the high(er)-end is their niche then they do. Would anyone create third party X-FI cards if Creative was telling them "Yeah it's on the spec sheet, but we couldn't bother putting it in the driver"?

The card actually checks for the presence of the front panel bay and only enables decoding if it's there. This is largely useless anyway for you, as it requires processing time and it'll be out of sync - only useful for recording, not playing.

You are scaring me with the out of sync thing.... Are you talking only about the X-FI or the Prelude will also take to much processing time and making the sound out of sync with the video?

If so that would totally end my hopes in this project... :(

You are scaring me with the out of sync thing.... Are you talking only about the X-FI or the Prelude will also take to much processing time and making the sound out of sync with the video?

If so that would totally end my hopes in this project... :(

Processing time... You aren't still running a PII, are you? Any recent processor can handle audio without even thinking about it. Not to mention that any card that cost more than $40 does processing onboard - audio doesn't need much, even 7.1 DTS.

Processing time... You aren't still running a PII, are you? Any recent processor can handle audio without even thinking about it. Not to mention that any card that cost more than $40 does processing onboard - audio doesn't need much, even 7.1 DTS.

That's pretty much what I've thought.... But I've never done something like this, so when Trombe wrote about processing time I got a bit worried... :eek:

I wish I had a clue what the hell the X-Fi is doing with the input, but the sync issues are true, at least with the PS3 I have here that I tested. Check the Creative forums too if you want, there's a bunch of people that say the same thing ;/

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board?board.id=soundblaster

After looking around there a bit more, it seems the problem lies with Creative's shittastic drivers. Big surprise there -_-
Some mention that kX audio drivers will fix these issues, but they're not for X-Fi, you'll have to go back to the Audigy 2 cards, which is fine if you don't care about EAX and whatnot from the X-Fi. IIRC the Audigy 2 ZS has a way of tricking it into thinking the front panel I/O is there too by jumping some pins so you don't have to bother buying it, and just using the flexijack instead, heh.

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

Check out this post http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1264899&page=3

Looks like I'm going to have to drop $200.00

You wanted to show us a review or is there something I missed concerning my issue?

The dilemma isn't about the quality of the card itself, but if it can decode incoming DTS from the optical input and output it via analog w/o being out of sync...

Thanks for the review, just confirms I really hope the card can do what I want!

Got an answer. The card doesn't decode the signal.. :(
I've sent them a reply because the answer isn't responding to all the questions I've sent.

Their answer:
"Dear ------------,

Thank you for contacting Auzentech.

- The Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 is encoding the signal, not decoding.
- The Beta driver including DTS Interactive & NEO:pC will be in April.
- When you connect the PS3 into SPDIF Input port with optical cable, the signal is upmixed to 5.1 and comes out as DDL sound.

We appreciate your support and patience.

Sincerely, "

My reply:
" Thank you for your answer.

About the fact that the card isn't decoding an incoming DTS signal. In page 22 of the manual for the Entertainment Mode the last sentence is "Configure Dolby® and DTS® decoding settings." Is there an error in the manual or am I misinterpreting the sentence?

About the new drivers in April. You mention DTS Interactive, is it simple DTS with a new name or a complete different thing? Will they enable DTS decoding from the optical input? And are the new drivers with DTS only for Vista or will they be also for XP? Because on your website you only mention Vista.

And the last thing "When you connect the PS3 into SPDIF Input port with optical cable, the signal is upmixed to 5.1 and comes out as DDL sound." The signal outputted by the PS3 is already 5.1, do you mean the card will detect only the 2 front channels and "create" the surround effect from does two?

Thank You"

But for now, plan is busted... :(

I need to do exactly what your are trying to do except I am using Logitech G51 5.1 speakers system. I also have a ps3 connected to my HDTV via hdmi. My tv does have optical out and the option for Dolby pass through. I was thinking of purchasing the Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty with the i/o drive.

From the user manual:
------
If you have an external Dolby Digital/DTS DVD player, you can use your X-Fi I/O Drive* or X-Fi I/O Console* to decode Dolby Digital or DTS signals.

To enable this function, select the Use Built-in Decoder option in Audio Console, or the Off (Built-in Decoder) option in Entertainment Mode or Audio Creation Mode. For more information, refer to their online Help.
*A photo of the optical connection from a DVD external player to the i/o drive is displayed.
------
I assumed the i/o drive would hand this since the option is "Built-in Decoder". I too was wondering what happens to the data via the optical. Does it get decoded and go through my G51 analog speakers? How much does the software get involved besides just settings the initial parameters (Use Built-in Decoder option in Audio Console) per user manual instructions. Or do I have to have the entertainment console running and minimized on the PC.

I think this may work at least for me. I may give it a shot and let you know unless you are sure this isn't what I think it is.

I need to do exactly what your are trying to do except I am using Logitech G51 5.1 speakers system. I also have a ps3 connected to my HDTV via hdmi. My tv does have optical out and the option for Dolby pass through. I was thinking of purchasing the Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty with the i/o drive.

From the user manual:
------
If you have an external Dolby Digital/DTS DVD player, you can use your X-Fi I/O Drive* or X-Fi I/O Console* to decode Dolby Digital or DTS signals.

To enable this function, select the Use Built-in Decoder option in Audio Console, or the Off (Built-in Decoder) option in Entertainment Mode or Audio Creation Mode. For more information, refer to their online Help.
*A photo of the optical connection from a DVD external player to the i/o drive is displayed.
------
I assumed the i/o drive would hand this since the option is "Built-in Decoder". I too was wondering what happens to the data via the optical. Does it get decoded and go through my G51 analog speakers? How much does the software get involved besides just settings the initial parameters (Use Built-in Decoder option in Audio Console) per user manual instructions. Or do I have to have the entertainment console running and minimized on the PC.

I think this may work at least for me. I may give it a shot and let you know unless you are sure this isn't what I think it is.

I'd be glad if you let me know if it works or not. We want the same thing, the only difference is that you'll go through the TV. My PS3 is connected via HDMI to and my tv has an optical out to, but you can enable the optical out even if you use HDMI on the PS3. So i won't go trough the TV.

Well I got a reply to my email:

"Dear MrPatate,

Thank you for contacting Auzentech and we apologize for the delay.

The Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 has SPDIF Input port and it accepts stereo or PCM format only.
However, we are planning to develop the Auzen X-Tension HDMI1.3 and it will be compatible with Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1.
The HDMI Input port on the extension board should accept the LPCM format.
The exact specification has not been settled yet.
We keep our website as up-to-date as possible and hope you keep your eyes open on our product line.

We appreciate your support and kind interest in our product line.

Sincerely"

It's still only half an answer. I'll check out more what PCM and LPCM are exactly to be sure of the info...

Well I got a reply to my email:

"Dear MrPatate,

Thank you for contacting Auzentech and we apologize for the delay.

The Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 has SPDIF Input port and it accepts stereo or PCM format only.
However, we are planning to develop the Auzen X-Tension HDMI1.3 and it will be compatible with Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1.
The HDMI Input port on the extension board should accept the LPCM format.
The exact specification has not been settled yet.
We keep our website as up-to-date as possible and hope you keep your eyes open on our product line.

We appreciate your support and kind interest in our product line.

Sincerely"

It's still only half an answer. I'll check out more what PCM and LPCM are exactly to be sure of the info...

Nope, it's a whole answer - whoever wrote this e-mail is confusing you with jargon.

What he's saying is that it accepts a stereo input (analog or digital) then uses DDL or equivalent for surround (I saw that in the previous e-mail). PCM (pulse code modulation) is the standard for digital transmission of audio, and typically is only two channels. LPCM is essentially the same thing except it supports more than two channels, which is why the HDMI extension board is such a big deal.

I guess it's nice to know that they're making the product that you want available in the future, but it doesn't do you much good now. I guess you could get a Prelude and do DDL or DTS:pC and wait for the HDMI board for it to do what you really want.

Nope, it's a whole answer - whoever wrote this e-mail is confusing you with jargon.

What he's saying is that it accepts a stereo input (analog or digital) then uses DDL or equivalent for surround (I saw that in the previous e-mail). PCM (pulse code modulation) is the standard for digital transmission of audio, and typically is only two channels. LPCM is essentially the same thing except it supports more than two channels, which is why the HDMI extension board is such a big deal.

I guess it's nice to know that they're making the product that you want available in the future, but it doesn't do you much good now. I guess you could get a Prelude and do DDL or DTS:pC and wait for the HDMI board for it to do what you really want.

oh..... Thank you for the explanation!
Can a LPCM signal be DTS or is LPCM a format on it own like DTS, DD, etc. Or is it just a way to transmit a sound signal that could be in different format(DTS, DD, etc)?
I'm surprised that no product on the market right now can do what I want. :(

idk if this helps but im running an x-fi xtreme music , with live drive i have my 360 hooked up thru optical and it will either play 1 of 3 outputs my (ba 735d hooked up thru coax / bose triports thru front head phone jack / and my logitech z-640's in 5.1 hooked up thru the rear).
also had to set up the sb console for dolby dts decode pass thru.

i know im gettin 5.1, i tested it with opening seqence from saving private ryan . also i tested with cod 4 and grenades at each corner and i clearly hear the grenade go off in different area's

idk if that helps but it was worth a shot

My first post, been lurker for a while, finally taking the plunge:)

Do you know if the Auzen X-Tension HDMI1.3 will, provide I feed it HDMI (audio + video)
1) grab the LPCM audio convert to analog and output on the analog output (3.5mm jacks) on the X-Fi Prelude?
2) Pass-through the HDMI video signal to the HDMI out?

I am trying something like the OP (e.g. Xbox360 in HTPC to use sound card for klipsch 5.1)

Thanks for your help!:)

oh..... Thank you for the explanation!
Can a LPCM signal be DTS or is LPCM a format on it own like DTS, DD, etc. Or is it just a way to transmit a sound signal that could be in different format(DTS, DD, etc)?
I'm surprised that no product on the market right now can do what I want. :(

I'm surprised too... You'd think this would be a relatively common request, but I guess it isn't.

Yes, since LPCM supports more than two channels it can be DTS. LPCM doesn't actually care what kind of content is in it's signal as long as it's digital - it's up to the decoding software to deal with it. If the software supports DTS then it's absolutely no problem.

My first post, been lurker for a while, finally taking the plunge:)

Do you know if the Auzen X-Tension HDMI1.3 will, provide I feed it HDMI (audio + video)
1) grab the LPCM audio convert to analog and output on the analog output (3.5mm jacks) on the X-Fi Prelude?
2) Pass-through the HDMI video signal to the HDMI out?

I am trying something like the OP (e.g. Xbox360 in HTPC to use sound card for klipsch 5.1)

Thanks for your help!:)

This is an unreleased product, which seems still to be in the planning stages so I can't really answer these questions. However, this is the Internet so I will speculate... :p

The first question makes perfect sense, the second e-mail that the OP received states that will be the case. I don't know about the second question, but again a pass-through would make sense. I would think that people would connect the HDMI out on their video cards into the sound card and then from the card to their TV/PC monitor. This wouldn't work without a pass-through. I also expect you'd also be able to connect in via an optical or coax connection, which would be perfect for game consoles.

I also expect you'd also be able to connect in via an optical or coax connection, .

This my friend, is exactly what I am looking for! I currently have the X-Fi Prelude and I can confirm that it only accepts 2-channel in from the optical input. I believe this is the case because sound only comes through on my speakers if I select 2-channel from xbox.

My setup: xbox360 ---(optical)--> X Fi Prelude --(analog)--> Powered speakers.

I am only able to get stereo sound, if i select any other output type from the xbox360 no sound comes out from the powered speakers.

Let's cross our fingers.:D

idk if this helps but im running an x-fi xtreme music , with live drive i have my 360 hooked up thru optical and it will either play 1 of 3 outputs my (ba 735d hooked up thru coax / bose triports thru front head phone jack / and my logitech z-640's in 5.1 hooked up thru the rear).
also had to set up the sb console for dolby dts decode pass thru.

i know im gettin 5.1, i tested it with opening seqence from saving private ryan . also i tested with cod 4 and grenades at each corner and i clearly hear the grenade go off in different area's

idk if that helps but it was worth a shot

This my friend, is exactly what I am looking for! I currently have the X-Fi Prelude and I can confirm that it only accepts 2-channel in from the optical input. I believe this is the case because sound only comes through on my speakers if I select 2-channel from xbox.

My setup: xbox360 ---(optical)--> X Fi Prelude --(analog)--> Powered speakers.

I am only able to get stereo sound, if i select any other output type from the xbox360 no sound comes out from the powered speakers.

Let's cross our fingers.:D

Uhm.... For one of you it's possible and the other one it isnt?!?! That's weird! Mikey976 could you explain a bit more in depth your setup so EvolutionIV and me can find our why for you it's working?

I'll send another email to Auzentech about the new X-Tention HDMI1.3 about video pass-trough and if the card will be HDCP(a must for any PS3/Blu-Ray owner).

Uhm.... For one of you it's possible and the other one it isnt?!?! That's weird! Mikey976 could you explain a bit more in depth your setup so EvolutionIV and me can find our why for you it's working?

I'll send another email to Auzentech about the new X-Tention HDMI1.3 about video pass-trough and if the card will be HDCP(a must for any PS3/Blu-Ray owner).

Isn't HDCP compatibility part of the native HDMI standard in the first place? If the card is HDMI 1.3 compliant, as Auzentech has claimed it will be, this should not be an issue.

Isn't HDCP compatibility part of the native HDMI standard in the first place? If the card is HDMI 1.3 compliant, as Auzentech has claimed it will be, this should not be an issue.

HDCP isn't obligatory to comply to the standard. Sadly...

I made a mixup, the last reply was for another email I've sent them. So here's the actual reply they sent me:

" Dear MrPatate,

- We appreciate your support. We need to fix the sentence in the English manual. The Auzen X-Fi Prelude supports encoding function.
- DTS function will be supported in Windows Vista only.
- The SPDIF Input accept PCM and stereo sound only. The sound from PS3 is up-mixed to 5.1ch DDL sound."

that pretty much sums up what you explained to me.

I've sent them this about the X-Tention HDMI1.3:

"Thank you for your answers.

Will the X-Tension be video pass-through? So the HDMI from the PS3(or other HDMI audio/video sources) will be connected directly to the X-Tension&Prelude. The cards decode the incoming DTS signal and output via analog the sound and via HDMI the video to the TV?

Will it will be HDCP(a must for PS3 ans Blu-Ray owner)?

Do you know when it will be available also?

Thank You"

Will see what they reply in a few days...

The answer:

" Dear MrPatate,

The Auzen X-Tension HDMI1.3 accept the Blu-ray and HD Audio/Video format (from PS3 as well) through HDMI 1.3 Input.
Then, Output the high-resolution signal through HDMI 1.3 Output.
It will encode the signal and HDMI 1.3 receiver or other supported device decoding the signal.

We project that it will be available in May."

Does this mean the audio signal will be decoded... I'm not sure!?

Back