Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Sound Card $47.99 @ BB

So, this sounds like a really stupid strategy but I just bought one at full price off the BB website for in store pickup. Since it seems to be the only store in stock I'm going to go and pick it up and return it and hope they will have a clearance price when they re-ring it. If not I'll just return it and be done with it :) Stinks though it is pretty far out of my way, probably about 10-15 miles to get there.

I didn't have any in stock at my Best Buy, anyone want to pick me one up? : )

Shipping + extra costs included of course.

I bought two at my local Best Buy for $93 out of the door. Thanks for the heads up!

Ah that's it. Confused me though because it says in stock online but no place for them on the shelf. Employee told me I'm not the only one that has come in looking for one and that its out of stock. Says in stock online though. I think they have them in the back for themselves, not that I can blame them for doing that. Makes me want to do in store pickup and see if I can get a match.

Last edited:
after calling multiple times and dealing with complete morons (damn you geek squad guys that cant do your job but some fine ass girl can) i drove about 30 minutes to get it since they had ONE LEFT and the general manager on duty (thankyousss) was generous enough to give it to me for 50$ after tax although I had to put my foot down as they were trying to charge me 120$ or some stupid price I told them about the deal online and his manager immediatly came once called and hooked it upp!

Only saw the older X-Fi Ti at my nearest BB, which is what I currently have, for $85 or so... Didn't bother asking if they had it in the back, probably a waste of time. Might check the other BB nearby tomorrow.

So, this sounds like a really stupid strategy but I just bought one at full price off the BB website for in store pickup. Since it seems to be the only store in stock I'm going to go and pick it up and return it and hope they will have a clearance price when they re-ring it. If not I'll just return it and be done with it :) Stinks though it is pretty far out of my way, probably about 10-15 miles to get there.
How about returning to a store that had the discounted price. Then buy it again.

i paid $135 back when i bought mine on amazon...worth every penny. very nice sound card.

Btw, I figured out earlier that you can't switch from the headphone jack to the RCA without physically unplugging the headphones, they automatically mute the RCA output when plugged in, kind of a bummer. The Xonar has a much better approach to this imo...

If I were to get the X-Fi Ti HD and leave a extension cord plugged in for switching between headphones and powered speakers, would it make more sense to plug into the RCA out or the headphone jack? I'm guessing the former since the card probably switches audio modes to headphone when that jack is in use.

Keep looking. I seem to recall somebody came up with a software hack for that.

Hmm, from what Earl and others said it's a physical switch done on the card itself... The Xonar actually has actuators controlled in software for switching but the X-Fi Ti HD doesn't. I'd love to find out otherwise tho, but I looked around for a while already, any other clues? You CAN use the headphone out and digital SPDIF out simultaneously tho, or switch between those by muting one or the other, but not between headphone and analog RCA as far as I saw...

Btw, I figured out earlier that you can't switch from the headphone jack to the RCA without physically unplugging the headphones, they automatically mute the RCA output when plugged in, kind of a bummer. The Xonar has a much better approach to this imo...

If I were to get the X-Fi Ti HD and leave a extension cord plugged in for switching between headphones and powered speakers, would it make more sense to plug into the RCA out or the headphone jack? I'm guessing the former since the card probably switches audio modes to headphone when that jack is in use.
There's no way to do that via software from what I've read so far.

I was thinking you could maybe hook up your front panel headphone jack to your X-Fi HD card, so it'll be less pain in the ass to switch in between.

"The Titanium HD offer an industry standard front panel case header for connecting up headphone and microphone connectors found on most modern cases" (guru3d)

after calling multiple times and dealing with complete morons (damn you geek squad guys that cant do your job but some fine ass girl can) i drove about 30 minutes to get it since they had ONE LEFT and the general manager on duty (thankyousss) was generous enough to give it to me for 50$ after tax although I had to put my foot down as they were trying to charge me 120$ or some stupid price I told them about the deal online and his manager immediatly came once called and hooked it upp!

when i was there the website on my phone showed instock for instore pickup but we couldnt find it so i went to the employee and we looked on the computer together and when you ring it up on their internal system (not website) it clearly shows Promotion $47.99

you shouldnt have had to do all that.

Front panel port is too low impedance for my headphones, which is why I asked where would it make more sense to plug an extension cord into.

havingi some problems... i cannot figure out if i need to have it on DTS connect or DDL my LOGITECH Z680 supports both which is the best for gaming? and im also not sure if i should set my speakers to full range(what does it do? pretty sure they supported

havingi some problems... i cannot figure out if i need to have it on DTS connect or DDL my LOGITECH Z680 supports both which is the best for gaming? and im also not sure if i should set my speakers to full range(what does it do? pretty sure they supported

DDL, games do not output sound in a digitally encoded format so you need Dolby Digital Live to convert it to a digital signal. Though when I used it some games I couldn't set to surround because it was a digital output so it was stereo sound upmixed to 5.1. So don't be too disappointed if you can't get true surround.

ugh consfusing lol... so ur saying if i select dolby sometimes its prologic fake 5.1 crap with a 180$ top of the line video card? the speakers are ten years old but support both DTS and DD what gives..

ugh consfusing lol... so ur saying if i select dolby sometimes its prologic fake 5.1 crap with a 180$ top of the line video card? the speakers are ten years old but support both DTS and DD what gives..

DDL has been around for awhile for X-Fi. You should be getting 5.1 in games using it. Try googling it for more info!

well the thing is DTS (which my 5.1 can decode aswell as the soundcard?) sounds better to me?? lol deeper base overall louder or am i nuts?

I'm looking for one. They are all sold out around here in NJ. PM me if you're willing to sell me one.

$107.99 at my local Best Buy fo the Titanium HD :( They would not budge on that price and claimed no one else in the area had it any lower.

sounds better to me?? lol deeper base overall louder or am i nuts?

If you upgraded your s/c, this is exactly what I would expect

For those wanting to switch between headphones, and speakers with a receiver, you could always use the headphone jack off your receiver, and switch your speakers off and on as needed with the receiver's speaker selector switch.

No stock at Coon Rapids/Riverdale, Northtown, or Blaine (Hwy 65) MN stores....

If you upgraded your s/c, this is exactly what I would expect

For those wanting to switch between headphones, and speakers with a receiver, you could always use the headphone jack off your receiver, and switch your speakers off and on as needed with the receiver's speaker selector switch.

No stock at Coon Rapids/Riverdale, Northtown, or Blaine (Hwy 65) MN stores....

That defeats the whole purpose of buying this soundcard and using it's headphone jack. Receiver headphone outputs are generally pretty shitty.

well the thing is DTS (which my 5.1 can decode aswell as the soundcard?) sounds better to me?? lol deeper base overall louder or am i nuts?

... I came to a conclusion that most people who buy this card do not know how to use it let alone know what it's made for.

So the only BB that had in-stock near me didn't really have it. We have now ordered one to be shipped to the store. We'll see about return and rebuy here on Friday. Hope the price lasts.

I have several local BB stores and only one had any of these cards. of course it has to be the store that's the farthest from my house. the website still showed 179 I believe but I called to see what price they are showing in the actual store. all the guy had to do was ring up the sku which came back as $47.99. I had the guy hold two of them for me and picked them up about 30 minutes later.

anyway I have only installed one and will probably just return the other. I just want to give it a few days to make sure the one I installed works perfectly. at the end of the week I will come back and see if someone wants to buy the other one before I return it. you can PM now if you want and I will check back with anybody that does so by Friday.

EDIT: please no more PMs at this time since I have several already

Last edited:
I swung by a local BB and they said somebody right in front of me bought their last two. They called it a "card error" (pricing card I guess) but said they honored the price anyway.

Went to a second BB and they had 2 on the shelf with a $47.99 sale tag below them. Took them up to the cashier and they showed 107.99. I brought the tag to her and they matched it with no problem. It looks like the computer wasn't updated and it was indeed a clearance item. The skew number and model number matched exactly on the $47.99 tag. The tag said the price was good 10/9 - 10/15. Good deal. One for me and one for my brother for X-mas.

If anyone can pick one up for me and pass the deal on, please let me know. I'd love one for the headphone jack. :D

(OOS in my area)

Would this card be a good alternative?

www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-SB0790...&ie=UTF8&tag=htmlurl-20&qid=1318380569&sr=1-6

It's an X-Fi card, and based on the chart it has most of the same stuff this HD titanium X-FI card has (except maybe hardware acceleration, which is the only noticeable diff between them, no?) I just need a sound card for my headphones in mp3s & light gaming.... oh, and 5.1 audio sound system (through an RCA conversion cable to PC)... the onboard audio doesn't seem to cut it on this biostar board I have here at the moment. Yay or nay?

and its only $35 bucks! :D Fill me in, if you're an audio guru, please! :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Would this card be a good alternative?

www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-SB0790...&ie=UTF8&tag=htmlurl-20&qid=1318380569&sr=1-6

It's an X-Fi card, and based on the chart it has most of the same stuff this HD titanium X-FI card has (except maybe hardware acceleration, which is the only noticeable diff between them, no?) I just need a sound card for my headphones in mp3s & light gaming.... oh, and 5.1 audio sound system (through an RCA conversion cable to PC)... the onboard audio doesn't seem to cut it on this biostar board I have here at the moment. Yay or nay?

and its only $35 bucks! :D Fill me in, if you're an audio guru, please! :)
Not sure if this is the card, but some smaller card some of the X-Fi features are pushed off onto the drivers. This will tax the CPU more.

yeah stay away from the Xtreme Audio sound card because its nothing but a rebranded Audigy SE and does not even use the real X-Fi chip.

Went to a second BB and they had 2 on the shelf with a $47.99 sale tag below them. Took them up to the cashier and they showed 107.99. I brought the tag to her and they matched it with no problem. It looks like the computer wasn't updated and it was indeed a clearance item. The skew number and model number matched exactly on the $47.99 tag. The tag said the price was good 10/9 - 10/15. Good deal. One for me and one for my brother for X-mas.

I got mine like this, but they said that the price tag hadn't been updated and that it wasn't a clearance item. I still got it for the $47.99, though, as it had that tag valid through the 15th. I almost thought I wasn't going to get it. ><

If you post success/failure, please give an idea of what city/state for others looking.

So far no go at Coon Rapids/Riverdale, Northtown, Blaine (Hwy 65), Apple Valley, and Burnsville, all in MN.

Inver Grove Heights is suppose to have a couple, as is Maplewood. I do not know the pricing; the 'system' was showing $107 (?). This is the stock check (RSS) system they use to check their, and other stores stock. I do not know if it rings up differently. I'll be checking some other stores in MN tomorrow.

to the guy asking about the Xtereme audio I had nvidia stereo then went to that (have had it since it came out years ago 2006 to be exact) it was night and day and to be honest (maybe i dont have it setup correctly??) i cant notice the difference between the xtreme audio to the titanium hd obviously their was a huge jump from onboard/nvidia im probably willing to sell it if my brother doesnt want me to throw it back in his rig pm me zip code and pricie your willing to pay shipped or buy it new if u dont want/cant get this BB deal its worth it!

really night and day?

and they are saying it above it only sucks because it uses the CPU (reason its cheaper), but if one has a fast CPU chip (like a intel 2600) than I would NEVER see that small pathetic loss, am I right? it wouldn't even touch the power of most computer CPU these days? :D

I'd rather save money and get better sound... I am not audiophile, just basic sound without static or obvious distortion is all I care about

I'd rather save money and get better sound... I am not audiophile, just basic sound without static or obvious distortion is all I care about

if that's your goal then go with the Xonar DG. i've never personally used either card (the Xtreme Audio or the Xonar DG), but the DG gets universal praise across the internet. start doing some research and you'll come to the same conclusion.

if that's your goal then go with the Xonar DG. i've never personally used either card (the Xtreme Audio or the Xonar DG), but the DG gets universal praise across the internet. start doing some research and you'll come to the same conclusion.

ok, thanks man. I was going to go off the word of someone here to avoid having to do 5-10 minutes of research, but you seem awfully confident, based on your research, so I'll just take your word for it :D

(hey, thats why we ask questions on forums, to get quick answers from tons of people quickly :)

and at only $26 bucks, its even cheaper than my alternative :) ... annnnd my money for the week is SPENT! lol

Back