Soul Calibur VI

• Thread starter Deleted member 83233
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 83233

...releases in ten minutes. Just bought it.

The soul burns, but I can't leave work! :mad:

(There were some other threads for this, but none in this sub-forum. Most were Front Page stuff.)

CD Keys has a pretty good deal, and possibly GMG. (I saw GMG discount for the deluxe version, but not sure about the normal version.)

Edit: Oh, looks like it still has 5 hours to go. Weird. I figured it would hit at 10 like usual. Oh well, I'll be home by then. :D

Am thinking about getting this. I never was very good at the old ones, but then again I'm no longer any good at Tekken either. I think I just like supporting them making the game. Especially with Geralt.
Post your impressions about it once it unlocks. As long as it isn't a bad port I'll probably bite.

Am thinking about getting this. I never was very good at the old ones, but then again I'm no longer any good at Tekken either. I think I just like supporting them making the game. Especially with Geralt.
Post your impressions about it once it unlocks. As long as it isn't a bad port I'll probably bite.

I will definitely post back after I get to play it for a little bit. Honestly I don't see how anything coming from Namco could be a bad port. Tekken 7 was great for one. Even the weird wall-breaking Ridge Racer game that came out a few years ago was excellent from a PC port perspective. I know there have been a few porting odds and ends with the Souls games before, but I feel like that's a lot different than their more arcade-y divisions/studios.

I'll know more tonight though.

system req on steam gave me a wtf moment, minimum GTX 1050 but running a 970. ah crap, hit google, oh good!

SOULCALIBUR VI Minimum System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz or equivalent
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (Legacy GPUs: GeForce GTX 660, 750 Ti, or equivalent)
  • RAM: 6GB
  • OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
  • HDD: 60GB free space
  • DirectX: Version 11
SOULCALIBUR VI Recommended System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5 GHz or equivalent
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1060, or equivalent, or higher
  • RAM: 8GB
  • OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
  • HDD: 60GB free space
  • DirectX: Version 11

edit: 4790k @4.5 16Gb 970 plays this at 1080p/60/max no problem, prob even at 1440p but haven't fiddle with it yet.
edit: and my sig system surprisingly does 1080p/60/high

Last edited:
I play a lot of Tekken, but haven't played a SC game since SoulBlade back in the mid 90s, not really sure how much I would enjoy this but was thinking of picking it up since everyone is speaking so highly of it in the fighter community. Thing that bothers me is some characters have really good long range attacks while the others don't look like they have a good way to punish. So I'm hesitating right now :p

The series peaked with Soul Calibur. Most people gush about the sequel, but that's because that was their first SC game. (Technically, Soul Calibur is the "sequel," with Soul Edge being the original...)

I've been playing VI for about an hour and don't like how dumbed down certain things are (e.g., some moves that used to require combination presses can be done by just mashing one button now, and they even have guard impacts or breaks added in...).

Last edited:
The series peaked with Soul Calibur. Most people gush about the sequel, but that's because that was their first SC game. (Technically, Soul Calibur is the "sequel," with Soul Edge being the o

I've been playing VI for about an hour and don't like how dumbed down certain things are (e.g., some moves that used to require combination presses can be done by just mashing one button now, and they even have guard impacts or breaks added in...).

My first one was Soul Edge. I still like 2 the best.

I don't have a ton of experience with the series, but I watched the mini tournament at So Cal Regionals and it felt somewhat simplistic. I'm not educated enough to notice the details, but it looked like players were just mixing up 2-3 things. I definitely recall seeing more variety in older tournaments from the 00's. The super moves felt overly powerful. Sonic Fox ended up nearly winning the event with Geralt and he isn't even a serious SC player. I think that could actually benefit me since I barely played the older ones.

Unfortunately I only had time to get it installed last night. Had to wrap up a project. However, I shall be playing this tonight, so I'll get some feedback up here.

As far as mashing one button for combos, maybe that's configurable? The later Street Fighter games allow some combo button assignments, but they're by no means mandatory. You can still input the real combos. I wonder if SCVI allows for that? Either way though, mashing is a choice! :p Nobody has to mash.

I just want a single player story mode like the original's to come back.

I'll nab this when it hits 40% off. I'm glad it got a PC port, but it feels too expensive for what it is.

It's 30% off at CD Keys. Pretty close.

I think the Deluxe is like $70 something. Still feels like too much. I got Tekken Deluxe for close to $60. That's about right, for me. Also, I'm not going to even play the thing for a week or more. I'm not even getting RDR2 right away.

I think the Deluxe is like $70 something. Still feels like too much. I got Tekken Deluxe for close to $60. That's about right, for me. Also, I'm not going to even play the thing for a week or more. I'm not even getting RDR2 right away.

Yeah, $60 does seem better for a "complete" fighting game.

I just bought the standard version, and added the one extra character they have right now. I guess I just felt like being nickel and/or dimed today. :D I figured I'd wait and see what they actually do with the Season Pass before I jump on any extras. It was just listed as "Playable Character A, B, and C" :D

Big fan of Soul Edge on the arcades back in the day & Soul Calibur on the Gamecube. Might have to check this one out.

Back