Sort Media Button = Bad

Azhar

Fixing stupid since 1972
Just wanted to make this post to get it out of my system.

When you spend several months ripping 508 DVD's into genre folders and pulling several thousand backdrops and cover art for each DVD folders, the last thing you want to do is accidentally touch the Sort Media button which looks identical to the Configure Share button in the BlackArmor NAS 220 configuration.

Sort Media took every single backdrops and cover art and threw it all in a single Pictures folder and renamed them all to backdrop_xxx.jpg and folder_xxx.png.

I just stared at my screen totally blank in shock after seeing what the stupid configuration panel has done.

*cry*

sigh..

Back to work.

Yeah, stuff like this is why I refuse to touch a NAS or similar device. I haven't had any issues like this with my WHS.

Totally sucks man....

Wow, ouch.

Have you looked into My Movies? Installing that and figuring out what settings you need will be way faster than fixing that mess.

MetaBrowser makes getting meta data, posters and backdrops so much easier. You should give it a shot.

MetaBrowser makes getting meta data, posters and backdrops so much easier. You should give it a shot.

I do use MetaBrowser. I'm using it to get back the backdrop, but I custom made most of my cover designs. I also custom made a lot of backdrops that weren't available on movies or tv databases online, mostly documentaries and classic movies.

I'm almost finished fixing everything. It's easy to fix, but it's so damn tedious.

I sent Seagate an email making requests for their next firmware update to include the following:

1. an undo button for Media Sort <-- an absolute MUST!!
2. when Sorting Media, give us an option to create folders with the same name they originated from. Renaming everything? That's so stupid.
3. give us the ability to hide that button so it doesn't get clicked by accident - or better yet, make clicking the button give us a "are you sure?" prompt.

Their forum has a lot of other people complaining about this Sort Media function. I hope Seagate will listen.

Back