Sort by Date

Retardo

Gawd
Just switched from 2kpro to XP and i like my music sorted by date. Is there a way to do this is XP? I dont see a 'sort by date' option.

DrewDru-untitled.JPG

dont have modified...tried 'year' doesnt work

are you talking abt in "explorer" ??? just view as detail and click on the date tab

Hmm, your sort by is much different than mine. Yours seems very music-centric, so I'm wondering if you have something enabled in XP that I don't. I think yours sorts each song by Year according to their ID3 tags or something.

eeyrjmr's suggestion might work.

DrewDru-sadf.JPG

it doesnt work...i did 'view>details' i go to other folders and i can c the sort by modified. So its just my 'my music' folder so i changed the name of it to 'music' but that dint work...dont kno what else to do...

Right click on the bar in that pic and it will give you a menu of columns you can include. Check off Date Modified, Date Created or whatever else you want to have shown then you can sort by that column.

Yeah windows has some special folder setting files that control if its displays images as thumbnails or whatever, just move your music files to another folder, delete my music (or display operating system files and delete the setting file think its folder.htt or desktop.ini, you will know it when you see it) and recreate the folder, should be a normal folder then.

you dont have to move to a new folder just go to folder properties > customize and in the kind of folder setting say regular not music or picture or other stuff.

Back