sorry guys no 9800 GTX for now

Arnge

Limp Gawd
there will be no high end cards in november.

IDF 2007: New codename scheme, again

We wrote about D8E in June and you can read about it here. It is a mainstream card that Nvidia plans to reveal in November. The high end part won't be codenamed G92 and it will be known as D8E where D stands for Desktop, 8 for the eight generation and finally E as an Enthusiast.

D8E and D8V where V stands for Value comes in November while the high end part will be pushed in early 2008.

The cards support Display Port, PCIe 2.0 and DirectX 10.1 and it is the 65 nanometre part.

source ;

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3197&Itemid=1

Not sure whether to "LOL", or say "Good Find". I think I'll go with option "A" for now!

No 'high" end cards from NVIDIA. ATI might have a trick up their sleeve, but I have yet to see it first hand.

I won't believe it until I see it from a reputable source like the Inquirer. :p

Edit: with Kyle's comment, I think that LOL is going to go to OMG!11!! pretty fast. Who thought Nvidia was going to come out and try to kick their own ass in the high end?

Frankly, I don't believe it.

I really do think NVidia is going to release something that will increase the performance of their already impressive lineup.

Now, will it be some groundbreaking next gen card? I doubt it. But... will it be faster? Yes.

Although they are in a spot where they are not required to in order to keep up, they still realize the potential to monopolize the market place and more or less create ownership.

The only question I have is, will the increase in performance be worth the upfront cost?

Personally, I don't think so.

God damnit. Is this actually confirmed or is it just another random article with no real sources at all?

this is what they have been saying the WHOLE time, but people didnt want to beleive it, NVIDIA from the start said they would not have a high end card but mid range only.

this is what they have been saying the WHOLE time, but people didnt want to beleive it, NVIDIA from the start said they would not have a high end card but mid range only.

I thought that they had originally told their investors that a high end chip would be out by the end of the year though.

God damnit. Is this actually confirmed or is it just another random article with no real sources at all?

Just more baseless rambling. Ignore it and move on. When we see benchmarks we've got something. Until then? Nothing. Remember that the 2900 XT looks a hell of a lot better on paper than iin practice. Even if Nvidia shows crazy on paper specs I'll be waiting for real benchmarks.

Not that I believe any of it, but mid-range meaning what?

x19xx mid-range or,
above 8800gts or below ultra range?

someone read this again and tell me if you don't notice a major typo:
"D8E and D8V where V stands for Value comes in November while the high end part will be pushed in early 2008."

Anybody?

Would nvidia lie to its investors? Lets see...

"D8E and D8V where V stands for Value comes in November while the high end part will be pushed in early 2008."

Anybody?

Not a typo in the usual sense so much as bad grammar.

Anybody?

Would nvidia lie to its investors? Lets see...

As said above... it's FUD. Would you expect better :p?

I'm glad this came from a reliable source. :rolleyes:
But i can't same I'm surprised. If ATI gave some completion there would be a card. Same thing goes for Intel, if they where worried we would already have a new chip. I hope it starts to pick up and we get back to a 6 month cycle of refreshes and not this 12-18 crap.

I'm glad this came from a reliable source. :rolleyes:
But i can't same I'm surprised. If ATI gave some completion there would be a card. Same thing goes for Intel, if they where worried we would already have a new chip. I hope it starts to pick up and we get back to a 6 month cycle of refreshes and not this 12-18 crap.

best way to make that happen is to invest in AMD/ATI (same company right?).

I thought that they had originally told their investors that a high end chip would be out by the end of the year though.
If Nvidia releases an 8000 series variant that can own the $100-250 market, they'll make a whole lot more money for their investors than by cannibalizing 8800 sales with an 8900 or 9800.

He said the 8800GTX was a fixed pipeline design a month before it came out, I believe.

I honestly don't believe there will be a new high end this November, but whatever nvidia IS doing, its more likely than not, going to be worth it.

He said the 8800GTX was a fixed pipeline design a month before it came out, I believe.

I honestly don't believe there will be a new high end this November, but whatever nvidia IS doing, its more likely than not, going to be worth it.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;).

Its more bullshat.
These articles, the people who post them, and the people who believe them and jump on the panic wagon are an embarrassment to the mature and fact-based members here at [H].

So, why is everyone suddenly putting credit into Fuad (the main guy purveying junk on the Inq with his own site now)? LOL.

I'm looking at this.

I think he would know.

I've never known [H] to engage in disinformation.

I doubt he would say anything he knows for real... NDA's and all that stuff ;). Also, just because it's not a $700 card doesn't mean it won't be a $500 card that outperforms the 8800GTX by a mile. nVidia themselves said in an investors' call that they'll be putting out a highend part in November, as have many people "in the know". If I'm wrong though, I'd love to see a flat-out statement that is non-ambiguous regarding nVidia's part(s) for November though :). As-is, there's a lot of room for interpretation/misunderstanding/simply-can't-share-info-yet/etc.

Really, who knows at this point... I too hope their info was accurate. I don't see why nVidia would...

A) BS their investors about the ETA of a new part,

B) Break their "12-month" cycle due to a small market condition,

C) Break their roadmap they have planned years in advance for a small market condition (AMD/ATI's card not being up-to-par this time),

D) Miss out on the holiday season which means big cash, and...

E) Not increase their lead over AMD/ATI even further.

For those reasons, I think (and hope as well) that there will be a nice, shiny new high-end part come November.

Non-disclosure agreement
the exclusions from what must be kept confidential. Typically, the restrictions on use of the confidential data will be invalid if
the recipient had prior knowledge of the materials;
the recipient gained subsequent knowledge of the materials from another source;
the materials are generally available to the public;

NDA means you say nothing. It doesn't mean you try to mislead people that nothing is coming out when in fact something is coming out.

I bet EVGA wishes he would just say nothing. That dudes like E.F. Hutton. All those people lining up to buy 88's knowing they get to step up in November just went :eek:

That MSI ultra starting to look good although I vowed never to by 8800.

Come on AMD/ATI although I think that Do You Dare ad is for Black Box version of CPU from the line saying that AMD has a "Dark Side".

BAH!!!

NDA means you say nothing. It doesn't mean you try to mislead people that nothing is coming out when in fact something is coming out.

BAH!!!

Exactly, it means you say nothing. Meaning, he's not under an NDA. Therefore, we can assume there's either A) nothing to have an NDA for, or B) he was not informed about the part yet, and its NDA hasn't been issued. Again, I say B is more likely for the reasons I had listed in previous posts. Considering those, and the fact that a few people with "track records" on unreleased parts are hinting at a new release, I still believe there is going to be one.

Re-read what exclusions are listed. Even if under a NDA, if information is gained elsewhere commenting on that information does not break the NDA.

Re-read what exclusions are listed. Even if under a NDA, if information is gained elsewhere commenting on that information does not break the NDA.

A random wikipedia quote is not supreme governance for all NDA's in existence ;). For many NDA's, it is in fact breaking it to comment even if some knowledge was known previously and is explicitly stated as such to agree to be privy to the information.

Sorry, don't have time to play. I have to work on my day off in about four hours. :p

A random wikipedia quote is not supreme governance for all NDA's in existence ;). For many NDA's, it is in fact breaking it to comment even if some knowledge was known previously and is explicitly stated as such to agree to be privy to the information.

Digs up signed NDA contracts... holy crap, you're right.

Fortunatly for me, nobody wants to know what I know. :D:D:D

How are we supposed to play Crysis on very high settings if there is no new cards? I didn't take part in the MP beta but I have read that people are having trouble hitting constant 60 fps on 1280 even with oc'ed GTX.

No new cards, no high/verh high settings for people with 24+ inchers.

How are we supposed to play Crysis on very high settings if there is no new cards? I didn't take part in the MP beta but I have read that people are having trouble hitting constant 60 fps on 1280 even with oc'ed GTX.

No new cards, no high/verh high settings for people with 24+ inchers.

Now imagine how great will that game work with GF7600 or X1950Pro :eek::mad::confused::rolleyes:

lol crysis is made to be beyond us atm. we know that. now if I can just get quad sli working right....

jk it does suck that there is probably nothing better than the 8800gtx coming out but I guess I can hold on a bit longer. It is tough but I am a man after all lol.

Back