Sophos SG310 Hardware Appliance

obviouslytom

Fully [H]
I received, from a friend a Sophos SG310 firewall to use and learn at home. The only thing being is that I had to reinstall the OS on it. I have gone to their site at https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/115879 and downloaded the most recent software for it. Got the iso, put it on a thumb drive and started it up to do the install. The problem that I am running into is that I get it to boot from the drive, it goes thru its formatting and then comes up and says "install.tar wasn't found on the installation media". I can go thru the drive and find exactly what its looking for.

Does anyone on here have any experience with something like this and what can I do to get around this problem?

Flash the drive with a different flashing tool and see if that helps. Use a different USB drive, perhaps USB 2 if you have one.

I didn't have much luck getting Sophos to boot on my generic x86 appliance box...

Tried that too and didn't get it to work. I even tried Putty to get in via the console and that wouldn't work either. I am going to a friends house tomorrow to see what else can be done. I would love to have this here at home

I got it to work. I had to put the ISO of UTM 9.7 on a thumb drive AND a CD. Once I did that, it booted of the thumb drive and then did the install off the CD. Weird but it worked.

I have had a login with Sophos for a few years now because I was using a free version of their firewall on a PC that I had here at home. I went to their site to delete that license and make a new one for this device. Once I did that I uploaded it to the unit and it kicked back saying that it wasn't allowed on the SG310. I have emailed Sophos to see if there is a free license that I can use for it.

Back