Soon to be New to PSP gaming..

IndyJoe

2[H]4U
Recommend me some good RPG titles...

Currently have only one definite game on my list..

Gran Turismo 4 Mobile

Dude, I bought one, and you should save yourself some money and get a DS if you want to play games on the go.

I appreciate your comments but I didn't state that I wanted to be swayed to buy a DS I have made the decision to go with a PSP already. I just want people's opinions on some good PSP games.

Thanks
Joe

Right now there isn't alot to choose from. Lumines is fun if you like puzzle games. GTA is fun. Personally I'm waiting to buy one until GT comes out.

Right now there isn't alot to choose from

That is what I meant when I said "get a DS if you want to play games on the go".

The thing has a pretty sweet music and video playback ability, but I have never seen a gaming system with so few games, and even less good games at that.

I know you don't want to be swayed into getting a DS, but you would definately be dissapointed to buy a $250 machine to play games on when the best games are GTA rehashes and Tetra clones.

Hopefully there will be some good games coming soon, like the Megaman games, or maybe a contra.. you know, something other than Mercury or Namco Museum.

Lumines is fun if you like puzzle games

He is right, Lumines is addictive, but I doubt you are buying a PSP to play that sort of game, no matter how addictive it may be.

I had a very fun time with WipeOut Pure... the gameplay is damn good, and it's CHALLENGING. I am incapable of winning races at the fifth speed level, it's simply rediculous. Oh, and they keep adding packs to the game for free, giving new levels, cars, and skins. That's money well spent IMO.

Burnout legends is pretty addictive too. THPS is also great... a pretty decent port. Haven't played GTA:LCS yet, but i'm sure it's a keeper.

I hated MG: Acid and lumines wasn't so hot. Not my types.

The reason I wanted a PSP is because I never got a PS2 and wanted some good PS2 re-hashes. My Buddy has GTA for it may borrow it from him. I see that there is some good stuff coming out so I guess I'll make some mediocre titles fill my time until then.

Yeah I am getting wipe out with it.

Do you want a traditional RPG like Final Fantasy, or more action oriented RPGs. If the former, there's nothing, though Legend of Heroes: Tears of Vermillion is due tomorrow. Then Popolocrois next month, and a port of Ys: Ark of Napishtim next year.

Otherwise, there is a port of X-Men Legends 2

Lumines, Untold Legends, Wipeout pure, THPS, Midnight Club, and GTA:LCS are the games i have and they are all really good. The new untold legends and Y's are games i'm really looking forward to.

Untold legends is fun for about 3 hours up until you realize that the gameplay doesn't change past then. I don't reccomend. But then again i'm quite pessimistic.

I don't recommend Untold legends either... Just not that fun of a game, you might like it if you think dungeon siege is the best game ever.

The reason I wanted a PSP is because I never got a PS2 and wanted some good PS2 re-hashes

Well, that is one of the reasons I got it "for" my fiance. I got rid of my PS2 when the Xbox came out, so I missed a lot of good games too. The problem is, how long has the PSP been out and there are still no decent games worth mentioning? (at least not more than a handful)

MGS 3

GTA

I have only played them on ps2 but i bet they would be fun on psp

Thanks for the input guys ... I appreciate it.. Looks like I will be waiting for some stellar titles but will probably pick up some other stuff to hold me over...Looks like some Tiger Woods for me...

metal gear acid
lord of the ring tactics

there is about4-5 new rpg psp games coming out soon.

Untold Legends is fun, it just gets knocked by RPG nuts who like to watch numbers scroll up when they hit something, and endless text reading. If you like Diablo or Dungeon Siege then you will like UL. I also have Wipeout Pure and NAMCO Classics (great conversions!)

Friend of mine has HotShots golf and he highly recommends it. XPlay trounced Tiger on the PSP and said HS Golf is better.

Also if you got a Tivo2 networked, you can rip shows to your PSP fairly easy now. I can get 6 hours of shows onto a gig mem stick.

N64 rehashes and cutesy games get a DS (oh look puppies!)
PSP if you want versatility for your $$

PSP RPG's in the works:

The Legend of Heroes (releases Tomorrow, in stores Wednesday)
Kingdom of Paradise (releases Tomorrow as well)
Popolocrois (releases 12/6)
Untold Legends 2 (scheduled for 2/1/06)
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (scheduled for 3/1/06)
Crisis Core: FFVII (scheduled for 6/1/06)

Don't forget the prospect of emulating old-school nintendo, sega, and even game boy advance games!

With the new exploit for firmware 2.5 found, it's only a matter of time till we can downgrade the stock 2.5 fw on the new PSP's to 1.5's. Get one now before they start shipping higher firmwares... which seems to be soon, another update is just roun'd the corner.

Non-RPG PSP titles releasing Tomorrow:

Infected
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Tomb Raider: Legend

IndyJoe said:
Thanks for the input guys ... I appreciate it.. Looks like I will be waiting for some stellar titles but will probably pick up some other stuff to hold me over...Looks like some Tiger Woods for me...
++

get the new one, load times on the old one are way to long, and it feels like they happen a lot.

AARGH! said:
N64 rehashes and cutesy games get a DS (oh look puppies!)
PSP if you want versatility for your $$
Again, as previously stated, he is already SET on getting a PSP, so even though your comment was pro-+SP it didnt have to be negative-DS

My favorite PSP games

Twisted Metal: Head-On
Burnout
Lumines
GTA:LCS
Ridge Racer
Wipeout
Mercury
Hot Shots Golf
MLB

I never understood why people say the PSP has a weak game lineup. I've never been at a point where I havent been able to find a good PSP game to play. Seems like everytime I beat one, theres another great one coming out.

Back