Soo Star VR is going to show Updated Hardware at Siggraph this Tuesday

Something in 4K would be nice. So far nothing really. I thought the Pimax 8K was supposed to be done already?

The headset is looking pretty nice
https://www.techradar.com/news/starvr-one-is-the-most-powerful-vr-headset-yet-and-you-cant-have-one

"
The headset produces viewing angles wider than any other at 210 degrees horizontally and 130 degrees vertically, which StarVR claims is a “nearly 100% human viewing angle.”

These nigh lifelike viewing angles can be, well, viewed through the headset’s two 4.77-inch AMOLED displays each pumping 1,830 x 1,464 pixels worth of resolution for a total resolution of 1,830 x 2,928 pixels. These displays refresh images at the industry rate of 90Hz."

Foveated rendering is a BIG DEAL. it essentially allows you to give the player full detail at half the rendering cost. If this could become a standard VR feature, your rig's VR resolution capability would double.

I do like that the min video card is 1080. That gives hope that it will be good since it won't have to cater to slower video cards.

The cost is going to be the kicker. I would not touch the Vive at the price they have it, but if this unit is around that price, that is a different story.
I really do not care about the wire as it does not bother me. I just want better visuals.

Back