Soo basically 3060s are coming out yet people can't even buy what they released Sept 17th?

Wonder how OEM's are doing and are they getting any inventory, Dell / Alienware , HP et cetera Falcon....all of them..

I bet it is artificial, there is no way that Samsung Fabs cannot crap out enough functional wafers/ dies at 8nm to saturate demand and even with fire at MSI assembly plant there is no way they could not anticipate demand or even fill the channel with products by now with other mfgs. Nvidia in the past has been very keen on pricing products to keep channel inventory flowing while raking in profits. I mean they have had almost a year of production runs to get product ready and most of AMD R&D is going to consoles. Also in regards to Microcenter it looks like they are hoarding RTX 3070s for their prebuilt gaming pc's as they have like 34 in stock in Dallas yet no gpus..... It is also a shame that they play the gouging game on cards that are left... I mean is a rx 580 really worth $250+ ?

I mean is a rx 580 really worth $250+ ?

Well they are selling on eBay for between $150 and $250, so I can see MC not wanting to end up selling to flippers if they can help it. Same reason why EVGA is no longer selling B-stock 1080Ti cards for $250 like they were a couple of months ago.

I work at a store that's like a Fry's or a Micro Center selling. 3060's have been more common than the 3080s and 70s since their launch but we have to remember that it would be so much easier to make a 3060 style card than a 3080 or 70.

The performance of the 3060 is going to be quite easier to build from a technical stand point. Hell, they could probably just take an old GPU like a 2070/2080 and re-work it a bit and release it. Getting similar yields as those would most likely be easier.

However, the 70 and 80s are much more technically difficult as those perform so much better than the previous generation in some ways.

As for the 580 - it's a solid 1080p card but the 5500xt is cheaper and performs better. Edit: but it does only have 4 gigs of ram vs 8. I don't know the exact specs but I bet the 4 gigs is faster ram. For 1080p you don't need 8 gigs though.

Yeah there is no way that this is just simply a supply vs demand issue. I think nvidia is creating the artificial shortage to some degree. How can you just not manufacture a shit ton of cards? Something doesn't seem right. Who cares though. First world problems.

Yeah there is no way that this is just simply a supply vs demand issue. I think nvidia is creating the artificial shortage to some degree. How can you just not manufacture a shit ton of cards? Something doesn't seem right. Who cares though. First world problems.

There's a pandemic going on..

I do get that. No worries. We will all get our cards one day.

What adds to it as well is shipping from all carriers is so backed up right now that "arriving late" seems to be the new normal. And of course the "seasonal help" thievery going on.

For the 1st time I can recall, retail shelves are empty of all the trash cards that never used to sell. More or less the low end cards and the dead stock that accumulates every generation. But it's all gone now, sold, with just a few cards sitting on shelves here or there.

So, that would seem to indicate that although someone like nvidia is stating record sales, it doesn't necessarily mean cards from this gen. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of artificial scarcity.

I do get that. No worries. We will all get our cards one day.

For the 1st time I can recall, retail shelves are empty of all the trash cards that never used to sell. More or less the low end cards and the dead stock that accumulates every generation. But it's all gone now, sold, with just a few cards sitting on shelves here or there.

So, that would seem to indicate that although someone like nvidia is stating record sales, it doesn't necessarily mean cards from this gen. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an element of artificial scarcity.

I've seen shortages and shipping delays in most things.

Electronics
Appliances & parts
Building Supplies
Car Parts
ETC

and jobs

While it might be artificially limited, you are talking about a huge array of industries. So if you are blaming nvidia only.....

Back