Sony Xperia Z Ultra...no camera flash? Seriously?

JoeUser

2[H]4U
Was just looking at the just released Xperia Z Ultra and noticed something MOST disturbing...the flagship 6.5 inch 1080p Snapdragon 800 powered BEAST from Sony...has no flash.

Nothing.

What the fuck. I mean, seriously. How are you going to release a phone like this with no flash. Why? Honestly was going to get one but this is a solid deal breaker for me. No LED flash = no buy for me. Poor night time photos, no back up flashlight, no nothing...might as well have not even put a camera on it FFS!

Ridiculous...who ever decided this was a good idea needs to be fired.

They are probably trying to sell that DSLR accessory...

But to its defense, I've hardly used flash on my HTC One.

Either they intentionally cut it to try to differentiate its product line more (7" tablets don't have flash either IIRC) or they sacrificed it for the thinness war.

Well that phone is "only" 5" hehe but if they come out with a tablet version of the ultra id consider it.

I haven't seen any reviews of the Ultra outside of PocketNow's so far and they had some bad touch screen issues with their review unit. It kept freaking out on them and being either too sensitive or not sensitive enough. They said a factory reset fixes it temporarily, but it kept coming back. Hopefully it was just a bad review unit, because that'll totally ruin a product.

Got mine today, I never used flash on my old phones (xperia z, note 2) unless it was a night time shot and the picture still came out shit anyway. loving the phone, its a monster!!, lack of led flash is no loss to me.

I really want to pick up this phone. Not bothered by no flash but it also wouldn't be my phone for taking photos (1020 for that). I am waiting for the LTE version though.

I use the flash on my phone as a flashlight more than for pictures. I would find it extremely annoying not having it.

Was just looking at the just released Xperia Z Ultra and noticed something MOST disturbing...the flagship 6.5 inch 1080p Snapdragon 800 powered BEAST from Sony...has no flash.

Nothing.

What the fuck. I mean, seriously. How are you going to release a phone like this with no flash. Why? Honestly was going to get one but this is a solid deal breaker for me. No LED flash = no buy for me. Poor night time photos, no back up flashlight, no nothing...might as well have not even put a camera on it FFS!

Ridiculous...who ever decided this was a good idea needs to be fired.

So this is what I gathered from your rant;

1) You have no intentions on buying this phone, flash or no flash.
2) You have not seen any photos low light/daylight taken with this phone.
3) You think people should lose their job because of a choice made about a phone.
4) You think a camera flash is end all be all to a phones desire to the public.

You're coming off as a douche big time and you're ranting about something you don't even know about.

Yeah you're so right, this camera is just rubbish oh my god whatever will I do to update my facebook or instagram or whatever it is you children use these days. edited; forgot to add :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.engadget.com/gallery/son...roduction-sample-photos/482888/#!slide=482894

I use the flash on my phone as a flashlight more than for pictures. I would find it extremely annoying not having it.

I used to do this to, but because no phone I have seen/herd of has a dedicated flashlight function (would kill for that) I actually now just turn my phone on and its good enough to rummage through crap in the dark.

I used to do this to, but because no phone I have seen/herd of has a dedicated flashlight function (would kill for that) I actually now just turn my phone on and its good enough to rummage through crap in the dark.

The screen is that big and bright that when its on it lights up a room anyway! Problem solved!

The screen is that big and bright that when its on it lights up a room anyway! Problem solved!

My phone is a 3.5 inch.....still lights up a room and I have a dark background/wallpaper too lol.

Back