Sony Xperia 1 iii

Supersnake

[H]ard|Gawd

Sony Xperia 1 iii

Display
4K HDR, 120 HZ OLED panel
1644 X 3840 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~643 ppi density)
6.5 inch (~84.2% screen-to-body ratio)
Fully flat screen, no curves
No notch, no pinhole, no cutout of any type

Biometric Authentication
Side-Mounted Capacitive Fingerprint Sensor

Notification Indicator
LED RGB Notification Light

Media/Memory Card Slot
MicroSD card slot (1 TB maximum), no tools needed to access

Sim Card Slots
1 x Nano SIM
1 x Nano SIM (shared with memory card slot)

Processor and Memory
Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
12GB RAM 256 GB, 12 GB RAM 512 GB

Sound
3.5 mm headphone jack
24-bit/192kHz audio
Stereo Speakers, Both are Front Facing
Dolby Atmos, 360 Spatial Sound
VoLTE over AT&T and T-Mobile

Battery
Li-Po 4500 mAh
Fast charging 30W, 50% in 30 min (advertised)
Charger is supplied
Wireless charging
Reverse wireless charging

Main Camera
12 MP, f/1.7, 24mm (wide)
12 MP, f/2.3, 70mm/105mm, 3x/4.4x optical zoom (telephoto)
12 MP, f/2.2, 124˚, 16mm (ultrawide)
0.3 MP, TOF 3D, (depth)

Selfie Camera
8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide)

Last edited:
I had been looking at the 5 III and this 1 III but the carriers in Canada won't enable VoLTE so I had to drop the idea.

It's a shame because despite the weirdly long aspect ratio, the phones have all the features I want.

I appreciate Sony's devotion to high-end phones, but at the same time... I wish it would stop hanging all its hopes on phones costing $1,300 or more. Sony: stop obsessing over 4K screens and give us more phones with 1080p or 1440p panels that still offer high-end features. Not that I'm about to rush to buy one (I just got an iPhone 13 Pro), but it's hard to even consider them when the baseline makes most high-end iPhones/Galaxies/Pixels seem like bargains.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Sony knows how to make a top quality flagship phone. I almost bought this one, but good sense prevailed. Why spend $1300+ when the Pixel 6 does everything I need for less than half the price?

Sony knows how to make a top quality flagship phone. I almost bought this one, but good sense prevailed. Why spend $1300+ when the Pixel 6 does everything I need for less than half the price?
But it's lighter, has a 3.5mm and microsd slot! I kid but it's the reality now that those just aren't available elsewhere.

Received the Android 13 update two days ago, to my Xperia 1 iii via T Mobile. Was pleasantly surprised to discover that the side placed fingerprint sensor is now responding instantaneously and with no misreadings.

Back