Sony Vita handheld, buy or pass on it?

I am in the UK, vita games are priced on par with all major releases, which I think is plain silly. Check how much Resistance on vita cost on PSN, it should be more than 45 dollars.

That's not just silly its fucking retarded. Why on Earth does Sony think a PS Vita game is worth the same as a full fledged console game? I would never buy a Vita purely for that reason alone.

Sony really has gone "full" retard on that.

I sold my vita... Needs more rpgs... gravity rush was like the only game i ended up playing a lot. That and wipeout every once in awhile and i had 9 games for the system. Just dosesnt have and great and amazing games. Uncharted didnt even capture me like its ps3 ones did.. I thought they did a horrible job on it.

I picked up a practically brand new one with accessories for about $50 on eBay. And the lack of games has started to make me regret even paying that little for one. I love the system, but Sony really dropped the ball by not having a lot more titles available at launch and throughout the rest of the year.

I picked up a practically brand new one with accessories for about $50 on eBay. And the lack of games has started to make me regret even paying that little for one. I love the system, but Sony really dropped the ball by not having a lot more titles available at launch and throughout the rest of the year.

A lot more available at launch? Wtf?!!

A lot more available at launch? Wtf?!!

Looking to be a solid line-up for this fall/winter, I'll definitely be picking up another system, as I've stated before. I agree that it stinks not seeing a lot, but it's honestly to be expected. It's a fresh system, games take time to make, and Sony has stated that it's having difficulties in convincing developers to make games for the Vita. Hopefully it all changes and more and more promising titles start coming out next year. For this fall/winter, it looks like we'll have some good stuff to mess with.

$50? Was that a going rate or just some one off deal? At that price I'd buy one! haha

Looking to get rid of it? Let me know! I'll take it off your hands, Persona 4 is coming out! I gottah get one asap!

been playing FF7 since PSOne titles came out. i travel a lot so ive been using a lot more lately.. got like 12 hours in haha..

honestly though the US PSN BLOOOOOOOOWS SO HARD

psp games released only like 30 available out of hundreds.. now PSone titles are available and you can only play 13 of them right now... such BS.

Forgot I had one until someone mentioned Persona 4.. Never got round that one but 3 was awesome. Also, this looks interesting.

I remember reading somewhere FFX was in development or something. Whatever happened with that?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Forgot I had one until someone mentioned Persona 4.. Never got round that one but 3 was awesome. Also, this looks interesting.

I remember reading somewhere FFX was in development or something. Whatever happened with that?

FFX is still coming and it was officially announced so that will come eventually. that will be a good HD remake im excited for it

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm holding off till persona 4 comes out.

I hope many other people are doing the same so that when Persona 4 comes out Sony and the gaming industry see a spike In PSP sales and a Spike in Persona 4 sales and a bell rings in their greedy little minds. A bell that sounds like.

Bong (quality games sale hardware)
Bong (make good games and you'll make good money)
Bong (There is more to gaming than FPS)
Bong (Since you don't make good games developing incentives and good relationships with third party developers is in your and our best interest.....especially Atlus)

idk if you guys saw but they dropped the release date of littlebigplanet and just started sellin em.

its probably the best game i have played on the vita. it looks amazing and it plays amazing. not to mention good use of the touch screens and functionality of the vita.

idk if you guys saw but they dropped the release date of littlebigplanet and just started sellin em.

its probably the best game i have played on the vita. it looks amazing and it plays amazing. not to mention good use of the touch screens and functionality of the vita.

Haven't followed the Vita in a while, I want this...

Gah. Picked up LBP and tried to play it, but after months of not using the Vita, it won't turn on even after an overnight charge (orange light came on so I knew it was charging). Blue light comes on and stays solid for a good 10 seconds, then flashes rapidly a couple of times and then goes dead. Pressing the power button for 30 seconds doesn't help - anyone know what else I can do? Thanks.

The only thing I hate it is the lousy D-Pad. Just like the first generation of PSP's they got it wrong. How the hell am I supposed to play Marvel vs Capcom on that?

Gah. Picked up LBP and tried to play it, but after months of not using the Vita, it won't turn on even after an overnight charge (orange light came on so I knew it was charging). Blue light comes on and stays solid for a good 10 seconds, then flashes rapidly a couple of times and then goes dead. Pressing the power button for 30 seconds doesn't help - anyone know what else I can do? Thanks.

Sounds like a broken battery. I'm assuming it's still in warranty?

The only thing I hate it is the lousy D-Pad. Just like the first generation of PSP's they got it wrong. How the hell am I supposed to play Marvel vs Capcom on that?

I'm pretty angry they still put the d-pad in the spot where your thumb naturally rest, while the analogue stick is a reach, since the stick is used for the majority of games for control. I understand its part of Sony's design language but its stupid. Put the stick in the prime location and and move the dpad down.

I would pass, for now. I only own Uncharted: Golden Abyss and it's just not enough to justify a purchase. If you're a Wipeout fanatic, you'll get fair use out of it, but I don't want to buy it until I've finished Pulse.

I really enjoyed my PSP for PS1 classics. Lots of great RPGs like FF7-9 and Legend of Dragoon can be played at work, bus, potty, wherever.

I like some of the games coming to Vita but I'm in no hurry to buy one. Rayman Origins, Gravity Rush and MGS HD are great games to get right now if you're looking. Persona 4: The Golden is almost a must buy for me.

I was kinda torn between getting a Vita and a 3DS XL. I have a friend who owns both so I was able hold them in my hands before deciding. I really think the Vita is far superior overall to the 3DS/XL but until there is a decent library I couldn't justify the purchase of one and went with the 3DS XL for now.

I think the library for Vita is better than people give it credit for. Dokuro is getting great reviews for Vita. Sounds like a fun little puzzle game and it's only $20.

I think the library for Vita is better than people give it credit for. Dokuro is getting great reviews for Vita. Sounds like a fun little puzzle game and it's only $20.

its aight.

some frame rate issues on the only good looking game littlebigplanet

Tried a 3DSXL, wasn't a huge fan of the 3D...too picky about the viewing angle, and after only 10 minutes or so it started to hurt my eyes.

Wanted to try out the Vita but the one in-store was not working for some reason (went to GameStop).

Are there any homebrew options for Vita yet?

November 20th I'll own one. I want my VITA purchase to be on the same day Persona 4 gets released so hopefully they see a spike in sales that correlate with the release of the first real RPG.

http://youtu.be/Bnt0JxytEpo

Tried a 3DSXL, wasn't a huge fan of the 3D...too picky about the viewing angle, and after only 10 minutes or so it started to hurt my eyes.

Wanted to try out the Vita but the one in-store was not working for some reason (went to GameStop).

Are there any homebrew options for Vita yet?

custom firmware you mean? i havent seen anything..

Sounds like a broken battery. I'm assuming it's still in warranty?

Turns out, the LCD was cracked, how I know not, considering it hasn't been anywhere.. Grr still in warranty but the LCD is an out of warranty repair.

The library is definitely building up, for those that were on the fence:
Uncharted
Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 HD
Lumines
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Lego Batman 2
Lego Lord of the Rings
Little Big Planet Vita
Rayman Origins
Gravity Rush
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
Retro City Rampage

Just to name a few, and they're all pretty awesome (or at least will be hopefully for the Lego:LotR and Assassin's Creed).

The big thing I want, and I would gladly pay $40+ for, is the xbox or the PC version of Minecraft on the Vita. That would just make my day if that were to ever happen.

The 3DS has some pretty sweet games now too, which is why I went back and bought an XL after selling my original 3DS last July. Definitely not a bad time to own either portable console.

Just a snippet

Persona 4 Golden Destructoid Review

http://www.destructoid.com/review-persona-4-golden-237697.phtml

If you're a series fan, there's absolutely no excuse for missing Persona 4 Golden. The world has been enhanced and expanded so much that it feels like a new title, and that's coming from someone who has finished Persona 4 a couple of times beforehand. What started out as a pleasant revisit turned into a new adventure, with new story bits and dialogue constantly surprising me. You will not be disappointed.

For gamers curious about the franchise and looking for a way in, Persona 4 Golden is easily the best place to start, as it's the best looking and playing Persona game yet. And if you don't have a Vita yet, this is probably the best reason yet to get one.

THE VERDICT

10.0 /10Flawless Victory

I just got one the other day and I love it. I have ACIII, Ultimate MvsC 3, Modnation Racers Roadtrip, and all my PS1 games on it. I love it more than my PSP.

I just got one the other day and I love it. I have ACIII, Ultimate MvsC 3, Modnation Racers Roadtrip, and all my PS1 games on it. I love it more than my PSP.

i wish you had bought mine. it just sits here

Back