Sony Vegas Pro 9: Importing video question.

Undercover_Man

[H]ard Surgeon
I am using Sony Vegas Pro 9.

For example, Say my project setting is a 50x50 vid.

Now say I import a 25x25 vid. It will show a vid half the size in the preview part.

NOW say I import a 75x75 vid. Here is my question and problem:

Vegas resizes the 75x75 vid to fit within the 50x50 project settings. I don't want it to do that. I want to be able to import the 75x75 vid *AS* a 75x75 vid with it's full resolution intact. When it resizes the 75x75 vid to a 50x50 vid, it affects the resolution to crappy.

Plz tell me I can do this because if I can't then I will have to cleanse the Earth of this program with fire.

And BTW, yes, I know there's Final Cut Pro too. I don't have a Mac at home yet and Adobe's video editing prog doesn't like my POS computer. But I do like both Vegas and Final Cut pretty much equally. They both have their pros and cons and can do certain things easier than the other. Both work so I use them both when I can. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I was thinking more on this issue. Maybe I'm supposed to do it in reverse. My Project settings are supposed to be the largest width and height of the video's that I'm using and I'm to set something else that sets....ummmm....the size of something else. I dunno. Nah, that can't be it cuz, I dunno. Just thinking aloud. I'm freakin' confused.

Last edited:
yes you can do this, resize it use the pan/crop tool on the clip itself. in the properties of the clip, I tend to "disable resampling" and check the field order to make sure it's not blending two feilds together (which will look crappy) then in the project properties check the de-interlace mode, field order and the render quality.

Back