Sony V6 or Senn HD497?

OriginalReaper

Bad Trader
Does anyone have experience with both? I use V6 (sometimes D66,) but am curious as to how HD497 compare.

If the Sony V6 has the Beyerdynamic cups on it then I would consider it greater than the 497's. However if you have them in original form, against the 497, I would say the 497's feel better, but the V6 sounds better.

If it is for long gaming or working sessions, I would get the beyerdynamics ear pads for the V6's.

V6 > HD497

Put Beyerdynamic DT250 Velour earpads on the V6s. I have done that to mine and they are super comfortable. About $20 for the pads. See them here.

Are the sony's considered a good set of headphones?
I listen to mainly rap music with a lot of bass.
I own the v600's but I was wondering if there were any other headphones worth buying or are 600's one of the best headphones with that much bass?
and i own an audigy 1 would upgrading to a audigy2, emu 4040 or revolution 5.1/7.1 or anything make the mdr v600's sound better?
thanks

stunna said:
Are the sony's considered a good set of headphones?
I listen to mainly rap music with a lot of bass.
I own the v600's but I was wondering if there were any other headphones worth buying or are 600's one of the best headphones with that much bass?
and i own an audigy 1 would upgrading to a audigy2, emu 4040 or revolution 5.1/7.1 or anything make the mdr v600's sound better?
thanks

Sony MDR-V6 and the MDR-V600 are very different. The V6's are Studio Monitor headphones while the V600's are mass market junk.

The MDR-7506 is the pro version of the V6, but they are pretty much identical.

Stunna, look into the Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro headphones and an amp if you are looking for good bass :cool:

You should go out on a limb and check out the Audio Technica A500's (can be found at audiocubes.com ~$100). I have the A900's and simply love them. They are at about the same level as the Senn HD580/600 & Grado SR225's. They have excellent soundstage (great for gaming), don't need an amp, they isolate well and they are super comfortable. The A500's are far & away better than the V6's. A friend of mine has the V6's and it's just not a fair comparison to the A900's. From what I've read at Head-Fi the A500's are 85-90% of the A900's at half the price.

The V6 and 7506 are supposedly exactly the same, at least at some point. I've seen pics of a set someone had (on head-fi I think) where one side was labeled V6, while the other side was labeled 7506 ;)

And you can get velour pads from bhphotovideo.com

Back