Sony Unveils V 2.0 of PS4 OS, Biggest Update Yet

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by MajorDomo, Oct 18, 2014.

1. MajorDomo

MajorDomo [H]ard as it Gets

Sony is turning up the heat on Microsoft in their ongoing console war. With the PS4 already outselling the Xbox One by a wide margin, Sony has announced the unveiling of the newest update to the PS4, OS 2.0 codenamed Masamune, by way of the PlayStation Blog

2. Vildayyan2003

Vildayyan2003 Gawd

Ah, the legendary sword Masamune!

3. Ashbringer

Ashbringer [H]ardness Supreme

Biggest user complain, "the console is always downloading updates". The solution is another update. ;)

4. j.yonke

j.yonke [H]Lite

But does it have Plex?

5. mynamehere

mynamehere [H]ard|Gawd

Muramasa demands blood!

6. Technikal

Technikal Gawd

That reminds me I have not turned on the PS4 since trying out that stoopid kids game with the flying super goofball and purple lights. I'm betting there are a few hours of updates for the game and system at least.

Biggest complaint, still waiting for some good games to play...what a lousy "generation" of consoles.
    Oh and that dumb bright blue light on the front of the controller. I want a way to turn that thing off.

7. Dekoth-E-

Dekoth-E- [H]ardness Supreme

Well this will hopefully be nice. While I like my PS4, I never understood why the UI was such a step backwards from the PS3. It is just a completely disorganized mess.

8. Darunion

Darunion 2[H]4U

Wow, i like it. I would like my xbone's UI if it wasnt filled with advertisements :/

9. CreepyUncleGoogle

CreepyUncleGoogle [H]ardness Supreme

That's obviously Obama's fault.

10. temujin987

temujin987 [H]ard|Gawd

so if i bought a ps4 or xbone today i'd already have to download an update that is over 100 gigs? i heard that the halo compilation will come with a 20 gig day one update. the consoles will certainly not leave the assembly line with the latest update available at that time. what happened to the "put in game and play" advantage of consoles?

11. Neurofreeze

Neurofreeze 2[H]4U

Seems like that died at the exact moment Seamus Blackley thought he was such a genius to use PC parts and call it a console (Xbox 1).

12. Dr.Diablo

Dr.Diablo Limp Gawd

That dies when consoles started to get reliable internet connections so they can halfass even more since they don't need a large dev team to get everything ironed out before launch. Now they just have a small team that just rolls out updates. Not to even mention the fact that the current console market being a triopoly. there once was a little more competition in the 90s, but that got fucked off like anything that can't be spoon fed to you.

TLDR
    consoles went to shit because of internet.

13. Dreaz

Dreaz [H]ard|Gawd

You can change the color/adjust the brightness of the controller from the settings screen.

Take a minute to actually learn about the system you're bashing, k?

14. ^Strike

^Strike Limp Gawd

Hmm looks interesting, thanks.

15. another-user

another-user Gawd

changing the color/brightness isnt the same as turning it off.

i used it for less than a night on its lowest setting before covering the lightbar in electrical tape.

16. Domingow

Domingow 2[H]4U

Shh! that bright blue light won a nobel prize or something. (Can't make up crazy stuff like this)

But I agree completely, I just covered mine with electrical tape and its gone.

17. viscountalpha

viscountalpha 2[H]4U

When did sony screw up their software side so badly? Oh right its always been screwed up

18. HoffY

HoffY Gawd

On the PS4 it may have been always screwed up. But on the PS3 they nailed it. It was super fast. Super feature full. Never got in the way of the user. Never shoved advertisements in your face and sure it could have done with a few additions/tweaks (proper chat and party chat) here and there but overall it puts anything in this new "generation" to shame. I fkg HATE these new UI's. They are bloated... useless... and have far less functionality then the consoles they replace. It's Pathetic.

19. Megalith

Megalith 24-bit/48kHz Staff Member

They should just update this to 1080p.

[​IMG]